WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

public service announcement for military...

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
ok folks.. if your in the military, especially the good ol navy who goes overseas alot and hangs in ports YOUR NOT INVADING... then you will be faced with drinking in a forign country... general rules(based on true events of me or people i know)

1. If your in a forign port its your duty as an american to get pissed drunk and enjoy yourself...

2. you may, fuck.. you prolly will wind up with a tattoo.. even if you are trashed(best time to get one) make sure it is a good tattoo, and the dude opens the needle in front of you...

3. ok if the tattoo artist says something you dont understand.. he is prolly saying "This will hurt you....", because the next thing he does no matter what you say is jam the needle down as hard as he can..

4. remember in forign nations female hygene is not a priority... you may wind up with some vegitable lookin stuff on your manhood..

5. and the beginning of the do nots(and your drunk).. do not mouth off to an officer or high rank if your E1 to E3.. bad mojo...

6. do not ask permission to come aboard.. on a ship owned by another country...(yes he was that drunk to walk right past his own ship)

7. do not punch a british officer... no matter how much of a dick he is.. they dont care...

8. do not fall into a mud pit as deep as your waist, then after crawling out, mouth off to a security guard, and the military watch as they try to tell you the soda you have is filled with mud...

9. do not piss on military property.. especially of another nation...

10.. do not be found in a cab, so drunk to not know what is going on, with a $200 dollar bag of weed in your lap...

jamesp

In Memory...
That pretty much sums it up. Nah, believe it or not, the Navy is moving farther away from the drunken, rowdy sailor, and towards the educated professional sailor. I don't guess its working right now, but its in the works.

Yeah...it's a sad, sad state of affairs.

Oh, and some British officers you CAN punch in the mouth...like the British Royal Marines. They'll probably kick your ass, though. Rowdy bunch, that.

Don't forget:
You are morally obligated to attempt mulitple shots at each drinking establishment up one side of the main road out of base and back down the other side. The only rules are that you make it back to the gate before morning and that you somehow don't get picked up by either the local police or the MP's...

Ahh...good times :)

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
FlipTheState said:
Yeah...it's a sad, sad state of affairs.

Oh, and some British officers you CAN punch in the mouth...like the British Royal Marines. They'll probably kick your ass, though. Rowdy bunch, that.
well as i said those rules were based on experience of me and others... a Hull Tech i knew got drunk and got into a verbal fight with a british officer... push lead to shove and the HT put the officer on his ass with a right cross... next morning he got publically exicuted(metaphorically) in front of the entire crew... amplified with loud speakers so the british ship behind us could hear...

I absolutely LOVE the way the British do it....
Pop off the buttons of your dress uniform, tear the rank off of your sleeves, break your sword in two, take your cover off and punch a hole in the top.....B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L :cool:

Take THAT, shitbird!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Sounds like darklight has had an eventfull stint in the service.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
MaxPower said:
Sounds like darklight has had an eventfull stint in the service.
actully alot of the more illegal stuff was others... but I got a tattoo in turkey, and came aboard mud caked...

Darklight said:
actully alot of the more illegal stuff was others... but I got a tattoo in turkey, and came aboard mud caked...
Yeah, that one had the ring of personal experience... :thumbsup:

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
My Dad spent a four years in the Navy. I'm sure he did several of these things but he won't admit them to his sons and daughter. :rolleyes:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I also got so wrecked in Gibralter, 3 bartenders told us we were drunk and 4 told us we were going to die...

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
i've never met a military man who has said he didn't party his ass off and also bring home some really bad habits b/c of it. sex, smoking, drinking, sex, and eating whatever you'd like catches up to you once you return to reality.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Ummm.... I gess thanks for the warning's.

gurlgonewild said:
i've never met a military man who has said he didn't party his ass off and also bring home some really bad habits b/c of it. sex, smoking, drinking, sex, and eating whatever you'd like catches up to you once you return to reality.
Yeah...but MAN was it a blast.... :number1:

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
So far I've been in for 2 years. It has been fun, and I've had some great times. But I also lost 2 friends from home to drugs, lost 2 friends from hear to ''questionable activities,'' and had many close calls. I like to think I'm a fast learner. Oh and I have to go to 4 classes a year on "playing nicely"

Are we really THAT bad? :confused:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
UberSkippy said:
My cousin's favorite rule:

C4 is NOT Playdoh.
but its so much fun to make mickey mouse mines and goofy grenades... :D