WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Pussy and Trueness

I rode to the store with 3 other friends and one of them mentions California, which I consider a pussy state. However, when I call it so, one of my friends tells me she doesn't like the word pussy, since its offensive to her. I say okay and, thankfully, didn't apologize. I forget about her aversion to pussy and we discuss more on California, which I say pussy again. She gets upset and I challenge her on why pussy is offensive which she tells me it's a derogatory for vagina, and since women have 'em, it suggests pussies are women. Now I feel pressured to censor myself, but I don't want to. I want to be more true to myself and just say pussy in front of who ever I feel like.

Should I be more sensitive or more true?

BridgetteH

Particinator
I think that's a little dramatic. But I can understand the natural correlation between "pussy" and assuming it negatively relates to women because, well, anatomy. But the same could be said for "dick", so let's hope she doesn't go around saying dick if she expects others to be so cautious around her.

The original Dick

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Should I be more sensitive or more true?
Your female friend is WAY too sensitive. Actually, she's just making things up in her head to be offended about.

Cunt doesn't bother me. That m word though ... /me shudders
I don't get the 'moist' thing but I've seen the shudders. Sorry to quote you on this, Jane but I'd like some sort of explanation from someone or anyone on this.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
@TooSmartGuile I feel the same when I say "faggotry" or "fag" related words. I mean, I'm no homophobic or anything, it is just a heritage of our culture where being gay is frowned upon, it is a heritage of the last centuries and bad jokes on it are common. I am well aware of this, but I'm not that politically correct person and I like to have a laugh on them even if I do not condone its homophobic nature. I often refer to crappy things with such terms, especially about social habits and clothing, like "what is this faggotry" or "this pants are for faggots". My wife started to look bad at me when I say such things because of fucking gender faggotry (see, I can't abstain) and to not teach that shit to our kids (and that's right).
I still don't give fucks and go straight down my lane, but I don't say those words with people who don't know me and my thought about it.

Cunt doesn't bother me. That m word though ... /me shudders

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
Your female friend is WAY too sensitive. Actually, she's just making things up in her head to be offended about.

I don't get the 'moist' thing but I've seen the shudders. Sorry to quote you on this, Jane but I'd like some sort of explanation from someone or anyone on this.
I think I hate it for what the word implies. It gives me the heebie jeebies. Pair that word with panties and my mind and body go "ew ew ewwwww!"

Crazizniac

Particinator
Using the big C around women is pretty much low class. Don't try to find your wife with that word and don't come whining to me about the custody/divorce if you find her with that word. Who taught manners at your house? Your Uncle Ernie?

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I think I hate it for what the word implies. It gives me the heebie jeebies. Pair that word with panties and my mind and body go "ew ew ewwwww!"
I still don't get it. Is it comparable to a male getting an unexpected and unintended erection? That could be embarrassing but I don't understand the 'disgust' factor or self-shaming.

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
I still don't get it. Is it comparable to a male getting an unexpected and unintended erection? That could be embarrassing but I don't understand the 'disgust' factor or self-shaming.
Every time I hear the word I flinch. It sounds gross to my ears. That's really all there is to it. Lol

ib4

Error
Staff
I live in California. Total pussy state.

I think it's lame when people are too triggered. But I also have no problem adjusting verbiage they don't like. If the word can be agreed offensive by many...cool I'll adjust. If you just came out of the blue reaching to be offended...ghetfuct

Last edited:

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
I mean when I was little. You did, too. Don't you lie! I get a horrible visual when the word is spoken and I just don't need that in my life. Lol
But... when a certain amount of water enters in contact with... a towel. Humid and damp are too little, wet and soggy are too much. How do you describe that towel?