WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Pyramid Schemes

Anyone heard of these or have someone who got suckered into one? My friend down here at college was attending all these seminars held by this guy from Quixtar, which amounts to nothing more than an elaborate pyramid scheme.

Basically, when you sign up for it on the website you are considered an 'independent business owner' technically, and the company sells a lot of different products, most of which are crap that I have seen. When you sign up, you sign up under this guy who is holding these seminars here, and whenever you buy a product from the site, part of the money goes to him. When you get people to sign up under you, and they get people to sign up under them, part of the money they use to buy products goes to you. Seems like a nice plan to make some easy money, right? Behind all this there are a lot of hidden things that the representatives don't tell you. Run a search for quixtar on google, and it will turn up many sites explaining the innerworkings of the system, and you will be surprised at what actually goes on. Basically what it amounts to is the work and amount of time you put in trying to get people to sign up doesn't earn you that much at all. The average income was like $2.88 an hour on top of the average $1.22 an hour you are spending on products. That, and you also have to meet a monthly quota of product purchasing as well as the people under you, or you don't make any bonus cash.

It's a shame theres people out there that get suckered into these things, they end up losing money which goes up the chain to the higher level distributors, then quit.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Somebody I used to work with tried to snag me into one. My position was temporary and it was well known I was looking for future work. She invited me to her house to 'talk about a business opportunity'. When I arrived, she and her husband proceeded to lay out the bullshit marketting. I was pissed not only by her lack of integrity, but also she insulted my intellect. I wanted to choke those fuckers!

my brother in laws parents were really into them, probably still are. his dad was a very well off man, till his wife got into them. now they are going bankrupt, so i would never suggest people get into them. i think they should be illegal, but people always want to get rich quick, so they will always be around i suppose.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Jenkies said:
Anyone heard of these or have someone who got suckered into one? My friend down here at college was attending all these seminars held by this guy from Quixtar, which amounts to nothing more than an elaborate pyramid scheme.

Basically, when you sign up for it on the website you are considered an 'independent business owner' technically, and the company sells a lot of different products, most of which are crap that I have seen. When you sign up, you sign up under this guy who is holding these seminars here, and whenever you buy a product from the site, part of the money goes to him. When you get people to sign up under you, and they get people to sign up under them, part of the money they use to buy products goes to you. Seems like a nice plan to make some easy money, right? Behind all this there are a lot of hidden things that the representatives don't tell you. Run a search for quixtar on google, and it will turn up many sites explaining the innerworkings of the system, and you will be surprised at what actually goes on. Basically what it amounts to is the work and amount of time you put in trying to get people to sign up doesn't earn you that much at all. The average income was like $2.88 an hour on top of the average $1.22 an hour you are spending on products. That, and you also have to meet a monthly quota of product purchasing as well as the people under you, or you don't make any bonus cash.

It's a shame theres people out there that get suckered into these things, they end up losing money which goes up the chain to the higher level distributors, then quit.
Dude! Pyramids rule! You get all the girls naked first though and then offer to be in the bottom row.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
friend of mine just recently tried to get me into one... I wasnt having it... told the dude to nail his tie to a window cill and jump...

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
Nymphchick said:
my brother in laws parents were really into them, probably still are. his dad was a very well off man, till his wife got into them. now they are going bankrupt, so i would never suggest people get into them. i think they should be illegal, but people always want to get rich quick, so they will always be around i suppose.
well you can always make your own pyramid scheme.....and be rich quick :cool:

but what about a good pyramid schemes.
There is this website that sells paintball guns, the angels and DM5s normally those guns cost about $1200 or so. So what you do is you pay the company $200 and then after 5 more people have boughten the same product the first person to pay gets their gun. Then 5 more people pay and the second person who payed $200 gets their gun and so forth. So thats not all that bad, but still you have to have lots of trust and patience