Gaming Quake 25th anniverary!

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

been that, done there
I was more of a Duke3D kid, my PC couldnt handle quake. Now I regret it because I cant strafejump properly

Jung

???
Premium
of course, and I can sj in q3, but not in q1 lol. I miss roughly 20 years of practice
If you can strafe jump you should be able to transition pretty easy. Just stop using w. Idk how good you are at strafe jumping, but if you're good enough to flick stop that and just drag between left/right. In q2/3 there are accel zone that you want to ideally snap to, with q1/qw/cs you pick up small amounts of accel all along the way.

:p

Last edited:

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
I've been playing Quake Mission Pack 1. Lots of new levels, a couple new weapons, and some new enemies.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

been that, done there
If you can strafe jump you should be able to transition pretty easy. Just stop using w. Idk how good you are at strafe jumping, but if you're good enough to flick stop that and just drag between left/right. In q2/3 there are accel zone that you want to ideally snap to, with q1/qw/cs you pick up small amounts of accel all along the way.

:p

I've completed the old QL training, but I'm not that good. Again, I went for Unreal Tournament instead of Q3 (when Q2 went out I had no internet connection) so I had to catch up a lot. Anyway, the major issue I encounter is not sj in itself, but playing the actual game and applying those techniques. I can sj, rj, and I have a decent aim, but cant navigate the map while sj and kill people effectively. I can state I am the suck lol