WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Quake 4 release in 4 days!

Jung

???
Premium
The next-gen chapter of id's infamous shooter series (built on the DOOM 3 engine) for consoles and PC systems. In the game, you are Matthew Kane, an elite member of Rhino Squad and Earth's valiant invasion force. Fight alone, with your squad, and in hover tanks and mechanized walkers as you engage in a heroic mission into the heart of the Strogg war machine. But, in this epic war between worlds, the only way to defeat the Strogg is to become one of them. Battle through early missions as a deadly marine, then after your capture as a marine-turned-Strogg with enhanced abilities and the power to turn the tide of the war.
Videos:
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/016/016856/vids_1.html

Screenshots:
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/016/016856/imgs_1.html

More news, videos and screenshots:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/quake4/

jamesp

In Memory...
Fuck yeah! Ive been waiting for months for this! Though it looks suspiciously like Doom 3, Im still getting it ASAP.....

Descent

Hella Constipated
I was going to check it out at DigitalLife today.

Of course...My mother once again didn't live up to her word.

And that's why I'm on today, another huge fight with the only person I know who shows me immense disrespect and treats me like a child.

Thanks mom. It was really worth spending six hours picking up crumbs in the already pristine kitchen, and blowing your son's once in a lifetime chance to see it, and I hope you're happy.

I came down at 3:00 AM to chase off the allergies, and it was clean as fuck.

Fuck this shit. I'm landing a job and buying that fucking Volvo.

She can't even drive at night anymore due to her bad vision.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Descent said:
I was going to check it out at DigitalLife today.

Of course...My mother once again didn't live up to her word.

And that's why I'm on today, another huge fight with the only person I know who shows me immense disrespect and treats me like a child.

Thanks mom. It was really worth spending six hours picking up crumbs in the already pristine kitchen, and blowing your son's once in a lifetime chance to see it, and I hope you're happy.

I came down at 3:00 AM to chase off the allergies, and it was clean as fuck.

Fuck this shit. I'm landing a job and buying that fucking Volvo.

She can't even drive at night anymore due to her bad vision.
Really, why do you tell us about crap we don't care to hear?

And two things.

1. You are a child. A child who has no concept of the outside world, besides what google-earth tells him is out there.

2. Your mother will always be there for you. Personally, my mother has stood by more times than I can count; and those times outweigh all the times that she never took me to the videogame store.

On Topic:

Quake 4 looks pretty fucking sweet. Let the countdown begin!

PS. I think I need to make a popular gaming site; so that I am able to play *legal copies* of games before they are released to the public!

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
THAT ROCKS! :thumbsup: im going to get it the first day it comes out,also i cant wait for the doom movie.

Jung

???
Premium
I went get my copy earlier this morning, been playing it most of the morning. This game rocks. :thumbsup:

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
junglizm said:
I went get my copy earlier this morning, been playing it most of the morning. This game rocks. :thumbsup:
Not to thread jack but have you tried F.E.A.R. yet? I've been playing the demo and am wondering how these two compare.

The reviews put FEAR a bit ahead of Quake but reviews are written by idiots half the time. You're a total stranger but at least you like good beer so that makes me trust your judgement more.

Jung

???
Premium
teh anarchist said:
I'm sure I'll have it by christmas .. any personal reviews? .. new things from Q3 etc?
So far I'm liking it a lot. Single player is a lot better than Doom 3, albeit still pretty dark so far. Then again, single player isn't why I bought this game. :) At least the pistol has a flashlight attached to it.

Multiplayer is fast and very much like Quake 3, with updated maps from both Q2 and Q3. I have no complaints on that front, I've been playing for the past hour or so and it's great.

Anyway, here are some obligatory screenshots. They came out darker than they were in game, but at the point I took them I hadn't messed with the graphics options much.

www.justinb.us/images/index.php?d=games/q4
Not to thread jack but have you tried F.E.A.R. yet?
Yeah, it's ok, tt reminds me of System Shock a lot. I'll probably won't pick up playing it after I get bored with Q4 single player though.

jamesp

In Memory...
The flashlight on the pistol is a major plus. The darkness was one of my main complaints on D3. Other than that Quake 4 looks pretty sweet. I cant wait to purchase it (by purchase I mean bittorrent). Jung, what is your name on Q4, we'll have to play sometime, I just love playing people Im familiar with. On that note, we need to make a team of wtf[.com] super nerds.

Jung

???
Premium
Fideru said:
Aaaaah the powers of bit-torrent.
That's against the rules here. Also, have fun trying to play online.

Quake 4 is too good. I picked it up yesterday and my friend is setting up a dedicated server.

Honestly this is just such an awsome deathmatch game its so similar to the quake 3. I love the Tourney mode... its really well done.

Air control isnt as present as I'd like it to be. and the gameplay is slightly slower than quake 3. However these things are really just appealing to a small niche of people like me and honestly i dont care to give up a few gameplay benefits if it attracts a decent population.

Weapons are great too... Now all i need is a new gfx card so i could get off the lowest settings.

Jung

???
Premium
the gameplay is slightly slower than quake 3.
I don't find it slow at all, it might be your graphics card slowing you down.

Jung

???
Premium
RageAgainst said:
realistic one shot kill fps > quake 4 ut2k4 etc
:blahblah: go back to playing your FPS games on your console. Quake has a special place in all old school PC gamers hearts. :)

Seriously though, all the realistic stuff got played out after the 3294583749 WWII games, and 324534 Tom Clancy sequels. Some times it's just fun to play death match.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
junglizm said:
:blahblah: go back to playing your FPS games on your console. Quake has a special place in all old school PC gamers hearts. :)

Seriously though, all the realistic stuff got played out after the 3294583749 WWII games, and 324534 Tom Clancy sequels. Some times it's just fun to play death match.
fps games on consoles suck.

Rainbow six 3 (raven-shield) is pretty good, and you need some skill to hit instead of just spamming and rocket launch random asses. It's 2-3 years old though, and I'm still looking for a good, newer fps. Got bored of call of duty in like 2 weeks.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
all will be laid to waste tomorrow when resident evil 4 drops for the ps2..
i plan to shoot zombies in the face somewhat..