WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

queer ass router configuration

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I just realized i need to open certain ports (for slsk)...so i try to go through my routers configuration page to manually open them...i type in the ip and it asks for my user name and password...i've read not to input a username and that the default password is "admin" so i type it in and it doesnt work....it asks me again...so i type it in again...no caps...I've tried downloading some software to help me open these ports, but they use the same configuration page for the router. I'm fucking stuck....Jung, where you at boy?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Type this:

User Name: admin

Password: admin

Sounds like you have the same router I have...Is it a Dell TrueMobile 2400?

Jung

???
Premium
What kind of router is it?(brand and model number please.) Have you tried admin/1234?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Sounds like a linksys. Perhaps you've changed the password. In that event, you may need to reset it if you can't figure out what it's been changed to.

To reset your Linksys router:

1) Be aware of all your custom settings because this resets the unit to all default settings.

2) Find the RESET pushbutton "hole" - it's on the front of a BEFSR41 and rear of the BEFSR11. If your model is not one of those, just look on the front and rear for a tiny black recessed button..

3) Using a paperclip or a pen press and hold the reset button for about 5 to 15 seconds.

4) You should now be reset to the default settings for your current firmware. Among many things this means the password is now "admin" (so it's a good idea to change this first thing to something that you'll remember, but will be hard for someone unauthorized to guess).

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Give it up for MaxMeat!!!!!!
It was a linksys wrt54g....reset button...so simple...yet so very complex ( :rolleyes: )
I went through port forwarding...set everything up...it runs like a baby slathered in butter :thumbsup: