WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Question about Piercings, Nipple Bars

BridgetteH

Particinator
I'm aware this is a picture thread, but if anyone has a nipple bar or experience getting one, is the pain worth it? I've been wanting one and have a high pain tolerance -- as I've pierced myself multiple times and tattooed myself -- but I'm even scared of the pain based on what others have said. If you have one, would you get it again or was the pain too rough?

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
^ Sounds like a good Ask A Ranter thread. Please split.

So, I've had my nipples done. I've had mostly everything else you can pierce pierced at one time or another. Nipples were second most painful and I'd never do it again. I also hated them when I had them. It's really a personal preference though because I've known plenty of people with the opposite experience of mine.

ib4

Error
Staff
So, I've had my nipples done. I've had mostly everything else you can pierce pierced at one time or another. Nipples were second most painful and I'd never do it again. I also hated them when I had them. It's really a personal preference though because I've known plenty of people with the opposite experience of mine.
Why are you so dope? : )

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
I had both my nipples pierced last year. It wasnt too bad, a bit uncomfortable but I'm used to pain and I knew to expect it. They where a fun novelty first. But the left one would never heal, it was very annoying. So I took it out. Then I realised the right one was super sensitive, I thought it just was my non healing one, but that one had masked the pain of the other one! So I took it out too, because fuck being careful of everything. (it was supposed to bold only "never" not the whole thing! My phone apparently sees this as very very important and bold)

But as shanabananana said, it's very different from person to person. Small boobs tend to do better, which was why I got em, thought "hey fun idea", I don't regret them, but I wouldn't try them again.

tuchmewhereipee

Ground control to Major Tom.
If anyone has a nipple bar or experience getting one, is the pain worth it? I've been wanting one and have a high pain tolerance -- as I've pierced myself multiple times and tattooed myself -- but I'm even scared of the pain based on what others have said. If you have one, would you get it again or was the pain too rough?
For me, I think it depends on your definition of "worth it." :p

I have them, and have had them for about three years now. Yeah, they hurt like a son of a bitch to do, and I have my brow pierced, did my tongue's frenulum myself, a few in my ears, nose, lip, and a former short-lived clitoral hood piercing. To give you an idea of how bad they hurt, I'd get all of those piercings again before doing my nip nops again. It's subjective, though. Like Dusty said, it depends on your boob pain tolerance. How sensitive are yours? Can you tug on your nips, and they hurt/get hard immediately, or are they kinda dead and just taking up chest space at this point? Depends how much you like the aesthetic of piercings, too, I'd say. Liking how they look afterwards makes it all very worth it. Thinking about new jewelry options makes the wait period pretty worth it, too.

When I got mine, I swear I felt the pain so deep, I could feel it behind my belly button. My friend, who was there for moral support/pics and lulz at my expense said I didn't cry, but I thought I did. If you have the option, maybe try to have two artists doing them to you at the same time, so you don't have to suffer twice. I almost bailed after the first, but my friend laughed me into going through with both. They actually didn't hurt for a few hours after the jewelry was in, and they bandage you up, tell you what are good brands of cleanser to use, and to do it three times a day. That was pretty fun, too: boob-washing becomes part of your daily routine for about a year after the fact, so be prepared. I mean, some might see that as a chore, but any excuse to fondle my soapy boobers is a good excuse. But yeah, after a few hours, the boobs started feeling really heavy, and sensitive, and every little bump we drove over hurt. Not just the nip, but the entire boob. Also, your nips stay perpetually hard, pretty much. For a while, until they get used to the new metallic stimulation. Gotta sleep tatas-up, or on your side with a pillow under the boob touching the mattress, and a pillow between the tatas to keep them separate.

Be prepared for smell, and crust. Yeah. Ew. Like any other piercing. Crust and smell are the precipitate of infection being fought off/your body hopelessly trying to push the foreign object the fuck out of it. You won't want anyone seeing/smelling/touching them until they're fully healed, so maybe do it while you're single and planning to stay that way for a while. Also, playing with them causes infection, which causes more crust, so you have to have some monk-levels of patience. And hygiene. Seriously, skipping even one or two washes will set you back weeks, in some cases. Stay on the straight and narrow, keep them squeaky clean, and they'll heal within 6 to 12 months.

The worst happened to mine, where one got caught on a lacy bra, and it ripped a little. Set back my healing by months. One nip healed within a year, and the other took another four months, after the accident. Maybe bra shop for nip piercing safe bras, ones without textures inside the cups that they could catch on. Or, even better, free the tatas whenever you can, and let them get some air. Awesome excuse to be always topless at home for a year.

tl:dr yeah get them, but yeah they hurt and be prepared for newfound titty maintenance. ;)

Crazizniac

Particinator
For me, I think it depends on your definition of "worth it." :p

tl:dr yeah get them, but yeah they hurt and be prepared for newfound titty maintenance. ;)
I love reading posts that are full of information about stuff I never even think about. This one is a good example.

Nipple bars=Non-starter.
Also who wants "titty maintenance?" Just bleach the asshole and be done with it.