WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Question for any bassists out there.

BrackishWater

Stay Positive.
I've got an Epiphone Thunderbird that isn't seeing much action because I absolutely hate the sound of it's pickups. Humbuckers just don't do it for me. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows where to find single coil pickups (P bass style, not J) that come in a Humbucker style casing so they'd fit in the T bird. It's far too cool looking a bass to be rotting away in my room, so give a music geek a hand.

Boycott

Soul Doubt

BrackishWater

Stay Positive.
Yeah...I've tried Musician's Friend, but they never seem to have what I'm looking for. Then again, I didn't specify what I was doing to the T-bird anyway. I don't want a T-bird sound; I want the thing to sound like a P bass. Thats why I need a P bass-sounding pickup that will fit into the humbucker sized slots already in the T-bird. If I can't find that, I'll probaly fall to building my own(I wonder how that'll turn out...pffft).

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
does anyone know of anything that can fix up chips on guitars?

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Lampy is right. I fucking swear by Musician's Friend.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
squeeze_me said:
does anyone know of anything that can fix up chips on guitars?
by chips, i assume you mean circuits. the tool you're thinking of is known to most people as a "soldering iron"

:D

mattOmynameO

I hate stuff
Bronstein's Everything in Music -- South San Francisco
Haight Ashbury Music Center -- San Francisco

Those are the only places I go. They probably have websites. =P

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
dookie said:
by chips, i assume you mean circuits. the tool you're thinking of is known to most people as a "soldering iron"

:D
Not circuits dookie. He's talking cosmetically.

As far as pickups, I swear by Seymore Duncan's. All the way! Go to their website and check the Basslines. If you have any questions, they're awesome on the phone.

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
BklynCannonball said:
Not circuits dookie. He's talking cosmetically.

As far as pickups, I swear by Seymore Duncan's. All the way! Go to their website and check the Basslines. If you have any questions, they're awesome on the phone.
i prefer EMG pickups, I currently have the EMG-89 active humbucker on one of my guitars. But seymour duncans also pwn!