WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Question for the guys

4,020
0
36
#1
This has me just a little confused:

Why is it some guys can sit around and talk about gross stuff like farts, shit, puke, cum, piss, etc., but if a woman even says the word "period" or "tampon" they freak out? Now, I realize not all guys think the same. If you are the kind of guy I described, please explain it to me. If you aren't, let's hear some theories.

Thanks. ;)
 

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
1,432
0
100
#2
Well, a period and a farts, cum, piss, etc have two different grossness intensities. Guys sure as hell don't go around talking about penile dysfunction (which would be the equivalent of a period, i guess) all the time. And actually, my girlfriend used to tell me stuff like that and I never freaked out. I'd actually rather know about it than accidentally piss a woman off and have my head bitten off as a result.

Moral to the story: Tampons and periods SHOULD be discussed; just make the guy suck it up and get used to it. If you aren't in his face and rude about it, he'll understand.

edit: i have a feeling this will get flamed by some guys (like my "shallow" physical attraction thread); you might consider posting stuff like this in the Clam Bar.
 
507
7
82
#3
Well, i dunno... maybe because guys dont experience periods (like they do farts and such) they don't wanna talk about it. 'Fear the unknown' - lol
 

bnccoder

Postaholic
2,479
0
36
#4
The things you described are experianced by both sexes. Periods are only experianced by girls and most of the time only talked about by gitls.
 
507
7
82
#5
Yuppers - I totally agree... BUT just because guys talk about all the shit, dosent mean girls like it either - we dont wanna hear about that shit you had, or that piss you just took...
 

bnccoder

Postaholic
2,479
0
36
#6
Jessica43999 said:
Yuppers - I totally agree... BUT just because guys talk about all the shit, dosent mean girls like it either - we dont wanna hear about that shit you had, or that piss you just took...
Half the time the guys don't want to hear either.
 
3,050
0
0
#7
eh only the immature can't handle the topic. guys who have been with a girl for any amount of time talk about it, its almost like a heads up the pms is comming!
 

dzaykim

Toss my salad
123
0
0
#8
True, and also the things you described that we do like to talk about usually come to discussion because there is an interesting story related to it.
Everyone has a good fart story.
I've never had a girl tell me, "I had this period last week, and oh my god.."
 

bnccoder

Postaholic
2,479
0
36
#9
I know more about it than some girls I know. You get looked at strange when someone comes back to class and tells you they just started, and you know who to tell them to go see because you listened to them bitch all day the day before. Everyone seems to cycle at once when they are around eachother for a while. It's strange, I've heard more than most guys will ever hear and I don't mind.
 

breakology

Kiss my Converse
1,890
4
102
#10
I curse it up like a drunk sailor, it's so bad that the kids all say "what the hell is that" as regualr sentence syntax, but I still run and hide under a table whenever my wife says "pussy" LOL
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#11
zoloftcasserole said:
This has me just a little confused:

Why is it some guys can sit around and talk about gross stuff like farts, shit, puke, cum, piss, etc., but if a woman even says the word "period" or "tampon" they freak out? Now, I realize not all guys think the same. If you are the kind of guy I described, please explain it to me. If you aren't, let's hear some theories.

Thanks. ;)
Dracula's tea-bag, the unspoken words!

A male that can't handle conversing about the female menstrual cycle is immature!
 

bnccoder

Postaholic
2,479
0
36
#13
TwisT said:
Dracula's tea-bag, the unspoken words!

A male that can't handle conversing about the female menstrual cycle is immature!
That was a used tampon.
 

bnccoder

Postaholic
2,479
0
36
#15
Wouldn't it be something more like Dracula's tea leaves or something?
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#16
bnccoder said:
Wouldn't it be something more like Dracula's tea leaves or something?
Think about it! what do you do with a teabag?



What would Dracula do with a tampon??

I rest my case and refuse to talk about tampon's with other males any longer!
 

bnccoder

Postaholic
2,479
0
36
#17
I'm the one who told the joke..... I got the menaing of it. I was talking about PMS or the period in general as pertaining to the convo.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#18
bnccoder said:
I'm the one who told the joke..... I got the menaing of it. I was talking about PMS or the period in general as pertaining to the convo.
NoOOOOOOO MoRE!!!! Make It go AWAY!!!!!


AAAHAHHAHAAHAHHHHHH!
 

shep

Local alcoholic
1,853
8
38
#19
zoloftcasserole said:
This has me just a little confused:

Why is it some guys can sit around and talk about gross stuff like farts, shit, puke, cum, piss, etc., but if a woman even says the word "period" or "tampon" they freak out? Now, I realize not all guys think the same. If you are the kind of guy I described, please explain it to me. If you aren't, let's hear some theories.

Thanks. ;)
Why ask why?It's like asking me why i stroll around the yard in my rubber boots and underware(with a beer of course)

Again, why ask why?
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#20
Jessica43999 said:
Well, i dunno... maybe because guys dont experience periods (like they do farts and such) they don't wanna talk about it. 'Fear the unknown' - lol
well....thats a shallow answer.