WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Question on WinXp

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Is there a way to set two administrators on one computer? I would like to know, thanks.

Jung

???
Premium
Right click My Computer, then go to Manage. Expand Local Users and Group, then Local Users. You can add membership to the admin group to any user by right clicking and adding them in the Member Of tab.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
K, got there, now where do I search for my log in?

Jung

???
Premium
It should list your login under the Name column, like in the picture above. If it's not then post a screen shot so I can see where you are.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Ugh, I took the picture but I don't have a editing program where I can crop it. FuCk. lol.

Jung

???
Premium
It's pretty simple. In the list where you see the users, like above, just right click on one and select properties. Then go to the Member Of tab and add them to the admin group.

Why are you doing it this way?? This is like making a peanutbutter sandwich but trying to do it without using a plate and not setting anything down.

Start->Control Panel->User Accounts.

In here you click on the user name that you want to set to admin and then you'll get a list of options. Select "Change account type" and then select the radio button that says "Administrator" and save changes.

:thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
Awaken said:
Why are you doing it this way??
Habit, and the fact that they both do the exact same thing. The other way is just the XP "dumbed down" version.

junglizm said:
Habit, and the fact that they both do the exact same thing. The other way is just the XP "dumbed down" version.
Yeah, it is. So, wouldn't it make more sense to explain it in the simpler form?
*shrug*

lol^

Jung

???
Premium
Awaken said:
Yeah, it is. So, wouldn't it make more sense to explain it in the simpler form?
*shrug*
Yes, but I didn't think about it because I never do it that way.

:)

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well thanks Jung and Awaken.
:thumbsup: