WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss questions...

yes, questions... i need answers.

I've gone to church for 19 years and still haven't found the answers...

Where was god when i was depressed?
where was god when i wanted to kill myself?
where was he when i was pushed around... teased... bullied... threatened, all in a CHRISTIAN school, making me the person i am today?
where was god when the only thing i've ever loved was taken away?

and for you christians, don't give me that "god works in mysterious ways, he has a plan for everybody, blah blah blah."

the bible says god loves all his people... well, it seems he hates me... it also says that worshipping god is supposed to be a joyful occasion... then why is it that in church, songs are sung that are meant for funerals? why do people just sit there like the living dead, waiting for the sermon to be over?

i've asked him countless times to change my life... he didn't. seems he wants nothing to do with me.

God only cares for those who fully devote their lives to Him. But in the Bible it says God loves all. Which is exactly why I hate the fucker. :punch:

Incufuck

boyd is hott...
im not a big religous person, but dumbfuck:
all the answers are in the bible. if god didnt put them there, then maybe he wud help you out. but if you would get your head out of your ass and stop waiting for god to come to you out of all the billions, and maybe look in the bible for answers that are ALREADY there, you might solve your problems.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Yeah, I know it all sucks, but if there is one thing that in my opinion the bible makes abundantly clear it is that life sucks and for the most part it's supposed to suck. It's all a test, or a game, or whatever you want to call it, but nothing in life is fair: some people have it easy, most have it hard. It's what we do with our time that will determine what comes for us afterwards (if there is indeed something afterwards, I won't try to tell you there is, you can decide that for yourself). The bible says those who have it easier should do what they can to help out the ones who don't, but I think most people prefer to ignore those parts.
If you do want to believe there is a God, then you have to remember that there will be shitty times, and there is nothing that says he is obligated to simply make everything better for you. It's all up to you, and you can either cash it in and forfeit or you can show Him what you're made of and prove that you deserve better. You just have to trust that one way or another, in the end all the debts will be settled either now or in the next life.

You can take this however you want, in the end it really is only one man's opinion on the whole thing. There's really a lot more to be said but I'll spare you as I don't think I'm really answering any of your questions in any sort of direct manner. Basically, shit that happens to us in this life don't really mean shit, it's how we respond that means something.

Chris

Sick Bastard
Incufuck said:
im not a big religous person, but dumbfuck:
all the answers are in the bible. if god didnt put them there, then maybe he wud help you out. but if you would get your head out of your ass and stop waiting for god to come to you out of all the billions, and maybe look in the bible for answers that are ALREADY there, you might solve your problems.
Nope, you sure don't sound like a big religious person...at all(sarcasm, this post was an insult)

Asi

Banned - What an Asshat!
I really don't give a shit!
I'm christian... but only to say it caus i'm not very religious.. actualy i'm not at all!

Unforgiven said:

where was he when i was pushed around... teased... bullied... threatened, all in a CHRISTIAN school, making me the person i am today?

and for you christians, don't give me that "god works in mysterious ways, he has a plan for everybody, blah blah blah."

the bible says god loves all his people... well, it seems he hates me... it also says that worshipping god is supposed to be a joyful occasion... then why is it that in church, songs are sung that are meant for funerals? why do people just sit there like the living dead, waiting for the sermon to be over?

i've asked him countless times to change my life... he didn't. seems he wants nothing to do with me.
...i don't know.

All i know is God hates me sooo fucking much nothign good ever happens to me

magnolia

Postaholic
Unforgiven said:

Ooo, what I could say.... Ever heard of "footprints in the sand"? And he's not going to just hand you a better life, you have to work at it. Look at the Hebrews, they wandered the desert for 40 YEARS before they reached the promise land. Nothing in life is easy. If you want something better, work at it. Don't blame God when things aren't just handed to you. I've been there, I know how you feel, but get off your lazy ass and do something. Don't sit there and bitch and moan when it isn't delivered to you on a silver platter. And that goes for EVERYONE here, not just unforgiven.

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
Bullshit. Serious Bull shit. Where is God? that's not the question that really matters. God doesn't care about you, God doesn't cry for your sake. God doesn't really give a fuck what the hell happens to you. So? What does that prove? THat it's your life to control and not gods? THat if your life sucks it's left to you to fix. So fix it, and don't blame god, because you expext him to make it better. Your Faith, Your life, Your mind. You fix it.

NOt being jugdemental, just relating what i found in my own life.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
where was god

where was god................god was helping people like britany spears become a slut millionaire. i'm maby 35% christian. i believe not alot of it but who says what is in the bible is true. sure my paster says "have faith even if you don't believe its true" god helps the wrong people. he doesn't help people like unforgivin' get his life together. god if you see this i have both middle fingers up at you. i'll put up more later....................................................................

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Unforgiven said:

Spiritual enlightenment isn't found at 19, and often NOT in church. It takes study & searching, it takes a while.

I don't think God directs our lives. That is why he gave us free will.

You need to look for strength in yourself, other people & other things. Which is not an easy answer, but the right one I think.

shep

Local alcoholic
SCOT THE GREAT said:
God only cares for those who fully devote their lives to Him. But in the Bible it says God loves all. Which is exactly why I hate the fucker. :punch:
Is thats you in the avtar ?You look like a kid i use to beat up and throw in lockers. :p

magnolia

Postaholic
I hate these threads. They make me so frustrated and angry. So I won't post here anymore. Not in this thread anyway.

morelos

lexicon incognito
voiceofreason said:
Spiritual enlightenment isn't found at 19, and often NOT in church. It takes study & searching, it takes a while.

I don't think God directs our lives. That is why he gave us free will.

You need to look for strength in yourself, other people & other things. Which is not an easy answer, but the right one I think.
free will first became a largely touted virtue in the 19th century in the post-calvinist era of protestantism. before then, it was "pre-destiny." you didn't know your fate, and you wouldn't know until you met with st. peter and he told you.

religion started out as a way of governance: behave morally or else some unexplainable power will fuck you up now or in the hereafter.

it grew into a cult. and yes, that's what it is. it's a cult. mainstream religion has everything all the "wackos" have had. silly words and songs praising an intangible, dumb rules, and forcing others to convert.

your spiritual enlightenment can only come when you start doubting the existence of god. when that starts to really happen, you'll know your way: do you believe in the faith you already practice? do you not believe in god? do you believe in some other faith? when you REALLY start challenging and thinking about alternatives to your beliefs is when you'll discover how much you really believe.

~ dan ~

the thing is, i don't know what to believe... all my life i've been taught that god is real... i can either accept it or refuse it... either way, i'll still be unhappy