WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

quick question

choose the name brand for my subs and amp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
i need some opinion on what kinda subs and amp to get for my car

and i need to do it on a buget all i can spend is $400
so take the poll

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
i blew the sony 10's and pioneer 10's so i was movein to alpine E12 or R12 :D

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
youknowthedeal said:
i need some opinion on what kinda subs and amp to get for my car

and i need to do it on a buget all i can spend is $400
so take the poll
sonys

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Maybe it is time to bring out the big guns. The guns that make even your momma scream for Michael Jackson, those that get so loud they shatter the windows of a house 2 miles away.

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

morelos

lexicon incognito
pimpyobitch said:
Why buy an amp just turn the volume up louder.
because the amp built into a head unit cannot drive a subwoofer.

i have one audiobahn 10" sub driven by a 300W Profile CA600 amp.

it's in a 1.8 cubic foot enclosure (bigger than normal; i hand-built it to match the inside of my trunk).

thing has plenty of pump, and since i left the box sealed it stays surprisingly isolated to the inside of the car. take my word for this: if your bass is escaping to the outside of your vehicle (and subsequently pissing people around you off), that means you're getting less of the benefit of that bass.

you can get the driver i bought for around $100, the amp for around $120, and an acceptable enclosure for $50. the only other thing i'd reccomend is a capacitor, which should cost around $75.

~ dan ~

but nobody's competition comes close to the audiobahn sub.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Yeah I would prolly go with sony. I got a 500 watter sony exploid amp in my car. its running 2 12" jbl subwoofers. Gives a good thump. :-D

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
heres the update sonys are only good for paper weights
and pioneer that lasted longer but not as clear
i now am the proud owner of a bazooka 300.1 and lookin at the new alpine 12" E or R series