Random Darkness; Random Pain

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
She was waiting for the sun to set, watching the gold and reds bounce from the sky to her window. It was quiet here, and the silence was her friend, her lover. She thought for a moment of the past that had brought her to this, the pain she had endured, and overcame, the sadness she fought and the evils she vanquished. She was standing with her hands against the clear glass, pressing her face against its coolness.

The voices had stopped now, and she was taking this moment of silence inside herself, feeling it, loving it. She was not afraid, for fear was for the week, not those of her kind. She ran her delicate hands through her pale blonde hair, moving it away from her face.

She had laid her weapons at the door, knowing that to bring them into this house would be to defile the holiness of this place. Wanting them now, she needs to feel their coolness of her blades and the sharp of her spear, the thin designs of her arrows. The girl, who was truly no longer a girl, and not yet a woman, gave a longing look to the doorway.

Yet even in this longing, she knew that once she had stepped through that door, there was no turning back, not now, not ever. She let a tear fall, one of few she had ever let go. It was her last tear, and it came slowly, burning and caressing her cheek until the lone tear was falling from her face and making its way across the glass.

Walking across the long hall, she wished that she had not left the glass, the sunset. They had been real to her. She could feel them, taste them, and touch them. Where she was going now, none of the things she knew in this life would exist. Her tears came faster now, hotter, they were burning her skin and eyes. She was feeling fear, but once the door is opened, she could never go back. At this moment, it was either forward or purgatory, and neither seemed a kindly option.

The hall became dark, and she was taking a moment in its darkness, running her soft pink hands across the deep oak floor. She like this, because it felt real to her, and suddenly, all that was and all that had been real was seemingly so important, that which she would miss that she could never gain back, the death and life and love and hate. All that she had been, all that she could have became, ran through her like distant electricity, small shocks of life she would never see again.

She was crossing the last of her life, the altar that stood before her shone with the glory of death, and the memories she held so dearly quieted, taking a backseat to the darkness she was becoming.

Laying herself upon the altar, she let her eyes to the vast ceiling, running her hands across its delicate gold inlays, loving the runic symbols that she felt. From above her, the darkness grew, and became physical. The darkness was forming itself into reality, taking her breath from her lungs, and slowing her heart. She began to gasp, and her mind became fearful. She would not allow herself the luxury of fear, she had made her choice, and it had been made for her.

Humanity fled her, and slowly, sadly, all that she had been became nothing more than a memory of life. Her eyes became dark and rent with blood, her tears became streaks of deep red across her face, and her skin began to burn. The flames were hot, bright, licking her hair and her face. Above her, always, the darkness breathed its own life while stealing away hers.

She felt her body growing, changing; the pain was nothing she had ever felt before. It became part of her, part of her being, the pain was screaming inside of her. Pain, and darkness, had lives of their own, and within her they met, they held each other, and within her they birthed something no longer human.

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
hmmmm.....DG are you trying to have people hooked on two stories now?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
DIZNUTS said:
hmmmm.....DG are you trying to have people hooked on two stories now?

Actually I am contemplating making this part of the other one, since this is kind of a dream I had, I dont know. Im thinking.........LOL........

Thanks guys for your support!!

FireAngel

Schmexy
Gah, I can't take it anymore. If you manage to make this a part of the other story I will be so impressed I will have to walk away from the writing world forever. Although, this story does give me ideas. Hmmm. . .

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
tiger_86 said:
Gah, I can't take it anymore. If you manage to make this a part of the other story I will be so impressed I will have to walk away from the writing world forever. Although, this story does give me ideas. Hmmm. . .

If you would post some of your stuff, Kit and I would love to read it. Even if its crap. Hell, half the shit I write I think is crap until someone else sees it, and says its not. I thought this was crap. We are our hardest critics, so, come on girl, if you show us yours we will show you ours!!! LOL.

Oh, and as to making this part of The Awakening, throughout that story I keep relating to the seventh, because seven is a very important number. (Hint, hint)
So, Ive kind of already set myself up of adding this one to it.

PS: Did you know that Stephen Kings wife pulled "Carrie" out of his wastebasket?

FireAngel

Schmexy
dustinzgirl said:
If you would post some of your stuff, Kit and I would love to read it. Even if its crap. Hell, half the shit I write I think is crap until someone else sees it, and says its not. I thought this was crap. We are our hardest critics, so, come on girl, if you show us yours we will show you ours!!! LOL.

Oh, and as to making this part of The Awakening, throughout that story I keep relating to the seventh, because seven is a very important number. (Hint, hint)
So, Ive kind of already set myself up of adding this one to it.

PS: Did you know that Stephen Kings wife pulled "Carrie" out of his wastebasket?
No, I didn't know that. Then again, I'm not a big Stephen King fan.

Edit: Okay, I have posted a poem of mine. I need honest opinions. I'm going to test my luck with this poem in a scholarship contest.