Random Thoughts

Vampire

Winged Emperor Of This Ghost Town
I searched around on www.wtf.com to see if there was already a "random thoughts" thread in existence, but there doesn't really appear to be any (and if there actually is, then the hell with it; I'm making a new one right now). Just post whatever might be on your mind at the present moment.

I'll go first:

Well, this message board may be deader than a graveyard, but at least it doesn't seem to be too glitchy.

Since I initially tried signing up to this joint with an email address from ProtonMail (not knowing then that this Email service provider was banned by this website for alleged abuse), it appears as if the system may have registered my account as a spammy or botty one. As a result, I'm not able to fully edit my profile.

If some surviving moderator would be able to grant me these powers, then they would be spared from my wrath.

PS: This thread has now become my blog.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vampire

My last post got automatically merged with the first one, even though they were posted various hours apart. So now it's just one big jumbled mess.

CoprophagousCop

I see a face when I look out my kitchen window.
Premium
My last post got automatically merged with the first one, even though they were posted various hours apart. So now it's just one big jumbled mess.
Double-posting, that is, making more than one post in a row without a post by another member or a significant amount of time in between, is frowned upon here. A moderator probably merged your posts. (See the site rules for more details).

You probably do not have the "power" to fully edit your profile because you are new here. I think you have to make a certain numbers of posts before you get those "powers".

Also, necro-posting, that is, posting to a thread that has not had a new post in quite some time, is also frowned upon here. The moderators tend to respond to necro-posting by locking the thread. I noticed you responded to a bunch of threads where the original poster never returned.

I am glad to see you created a new thread here. Hopefully, you will return to post more things to your "blog", unlike the vast majority of new members.

Random thought: You were not really born on Halloween. You just chose that date because it fits your online persona. 🧛‍♂️

Random thought 2: Welcome! (Why does nobody post in the "Welcome Wagon" forum anymore?)

• 1Like

Vampire

This thread is textual diarrhea.

You better take cover, 'cos here comes some more...

Double-posting, that is, making more than one post in a row without a post by another member or a significant amount of time in between, is frowned upon here. A moderator probably merged your posts. (See the site rules for more details).

You probably do not have the "power" to fully edit your profile because you are new here. I think you have to make a certain numbers of posts before you get those "powers".

Also, necro-posting, that is, posting to a thread that has not had a new post in quite some time, is also frowned upon here. The moderators tend to respond to necro-posting by locking the thread. I noticed you responded to a bunch of threads where the original poster never returned.

I am glad to see you created a new thread here. Hopefully, you will return to post more things to your "blog", unlike the vast majority of new members.

Random thought: You were not really born on Halloween. You just chose that date because it fits your online persona. 🧛‍♂️

Random thought 2: Welcome! (Why does nobody post in the "Welcome Wagon" forum anymore?)

Yes, I already went over the roolz (whether I memorized and understood everything, well that's another story). I am also aware of new members having limited privileges for a temporary amount of time, as that always seems to be the case in most forums I've utilized in the past. The site FAQ still stated something about specific Email service providers/IP addresses etc. impacting your account though. I'll copy and paste the information below:

• Why does my registration e-mail address appear banned?
  • Currently there is a registration ban in effect for several mail-related domain names, specifically due to abuse. The exact list is not published, but there are quite a few.

If a person is registering and has difficulty doing so with a particular e-mail address, change it to another FREE web-based email provider OR your service provider-supplied e-mail address. This site does not allow user-to-user e-mail exchanges nor spam it's members. We do not sell or trade your information, and we're as pure as your Aunt Helen -- err, okay that might not work...

Note: Registering under a fake email address and then PMing an admin to switch it to one of the banned domains will NOT work. What it will get you is ridiculed and your non-activated account immediately deleted.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. Or not. ;)

• I have registered but my account is limited!
  • We make use of a few anti-spam databases to check registrations and stop bots or spammers from registering. Sometimes, a newly registered account can be limited and require a manual approval by an Administrator. This is due to one or more of your registration details such as username, e-mail address or IP address getting marked by one or more anti-spam databases. Your account would be manually approved after a check from one of the administrators.

Anyways, I can understand about the "necro-posting" thing, but my view has always been that it's alright to do so just as long as one is genuinely interested in the thread and contributes something of quality (and that the thread still has some degree of relevance).

As for this thread, I'm actually not feeling much enthusiasm for it anymore, so I don't care much if it gets locked or not. I'll still mostly likely create some other better-defined/less-ambiguous threads in the future though.

About my birth date; yer free to believe whatever you want (just as I'm free to believe whatever I want).

Finally, I actually never introduce myself, and haven't ever taken interest in doing so. Drawing too much attention can be quite dangerous, especially for an individual such as myself (so I prefer to fly under the radar).

I appreciate your welcome and taking the time to give your thoughts!

• 1Like

Vampire

If I had a quarter for each internet friend that suddenly became a MTF, I'd have enough money to buy a bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

tl;dr

I'm the reason this toilet overflows.

How can I help you?

It's about time you showed up. Unfortunately, you're too late.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Yeah, we only have one toilet here and @ib4 is not terribly considerate during "toilet time" where newbs like ewe are concerned. Showers are down the hall. Wash your ass and relax.

• 1Hug

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
That Uber smelled like a blunt. God Damn, Lisa!

* @Vampire ... There is a Randomness thread here. It's just that Mister Fister put it in the wrong subforum. Dumbass.

Last edited:
  • 2LOL
Reactions: 1 users

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
This week at work has been weird. They have been slowly tearing down all the shelving and equipment at work because we are moving to a bigger building. Everything is crowded.

Vampire

Ah, the lack of animé/manga profile pics on this website is refreshing.

That Uber smelled like a blunt. God Damn, Lisa!

* @Vampire ... There is a Randomness thread here. It's just that Mister Fister put it in the wrong subforum. Dumbass.

I don't know who that is, but your comment(s) made me burst out in laughter! Yep, I accidentally stumbled upon that thread a couple of days ago (I think I found it somewhere in the Entertainment section), but it was too late (aaarrgh, again!) as I had already made this one.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1LOL

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I don't know who that is, but your comment(s) made me burst out in laughter! Yep, I accidentally stumbled upon that thread a couple of days ago (I think I found it somewhere in the Entertainment section), but it was too late (aaarrgh, again!) as I had already made this one.

Just to clarify, I was calling Mister Fister a dumbass and not Vampire.

• 1Helpful
  • 1Agree