WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Other Randomness [2017-2019]

YogurtExplosion

Fraudulent Mexican
I use my laptop as an alarm clock. For some reason, the audio got turned down, and I slept through my alarm for 30 minutes. Ended up at work 5 minutes late. Fuck you laptop!

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I'm usually awake when the alarm goes off. Sometimes I get up an hour earlier because I know I won't be able to sleep any longer.

• Agree
Reactions: Crazizniac

YogurtExplosion

Fraudulent Mexican
I'm usually awake when the alarm goes off. Sometimes I get up an hour earlier because I know I won't be able to sleep any longer.
Same here. I usually wake up ten to twenty minutes before the alarm. Not today though. For some reason I had a stressful and exhausting night full of nightmares. :(

Scooter

Sirens Galore! Firetrucks going past my place. Heard another and knew it was right outside, so I got up and looked out the window. It was one of those long-ass bendy-in-the-middle firetrucks. It turned into the street across from me, backed up into my street and went in the opposite direction. Heard another siren coming and it was another firetruck going in the opposite direction. I don't think they know where the fuck they're supposed to be going. :D

Scooter

Okay, so there was a house fire basically a stone's throw away from my place. Most of the sirens I heard were going to the fire and not past my place. The couple that did go past my place were from neighboring fire companies that took the back roads. Same distance, same time, less traffic. Smart Move. As for that long-ass firetruck, maybe it was strategic. It's a curvy road. Maybe they had to turn around to get to the fire. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. However, every turn from the main route is a hard and sharp turn. They could have taken one of two other streets and gotten directly to the fire.

I know we're supposed to honor and respect. And I know that it's a dangerous job. But I can't help but think they're a bunch of rednecks waiting for something to happen so they can feel like heroes.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Premium
All of my volunteer firefighter friends fit that description. Addicted to there pagers and can't wait to see the next train wreck.

The guys who go on to full time tend to get more serious and treat it like a job. Pretty good gig for a working stiff actually. It at least will put a roof over your head and cover their child support payments. Something about that job is tough on marriages.

• Helpful
Reactions: YogurtExplosion

Scooter

It's my impression that a lot of those guys practically live at the firehouse. OH, and I think it's funny that they have someone taking pictures at the fire and they post them on Facebook.