WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Rant about where I live

#1
Not to offend any Australians. I'm actually Australian myself, but I'm America born. So yeah. Here it goes.

I hate Australia. It's so boring here. There's nothing to do ever. My Australian mom made me move down here from America when I was 14. I go to a Catholic school that thinks everything is Satanic and has a fugly uniform that is a magnet for pedophiles. There's even pedophiles working at the damn school!! The town I live in is big. Too big. I used to live on an island in the San Francisco bay that was 10 times smaller. You could walk anywhere, no need for transport by car or bus. The town I live in now tho is about 99.9% houses and .1% other stuff. The nearest city is an hour away. Tommorow will be my second year of not celebrating Halloween. A bit depressing cause Halloween is the best holiday evar!! I remember how bored I was when I first came here coz all everyone at school wanted to do was sit around and talk. I'm not being racist, that's just what people do at my school. Sit. Talk. Sit. Talk. Yawn. Sit. Talk. Awkward silence. Talk. Oh, there's the bell! All the clothing stores here sell the same trendy shit. Which almost everyone buys in to. There's like 4 goths at my school. One indian person. Two asian people. That's it. Everyone else is white and preppy. A lot of people here are racist too.. mostly against aboriginals and sometimes asians. I have friends at school, but at the same time I don't. To tell you the truth I despise them, but it's better than being a loner I guess. So I stick on a fake smile and keep an optimistic attitude. It's working so far.. okay rant over

Me in America: :burga:

Me in Australia: :suicide:

Yea America sucks too. But hey, there's no place like home.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,980
1,398
487
#2
I think you sound like every other teenager in the world, in that you hate the place you live. You'll get over it.
 

Boycott

Soul Doubt
1,387
1
0
#3
Wait it out... You probably have dual citizenship, which will help you out in the future... Not to mention you'll find this "nothing to do" "my school is shit" etc. everywhere you go...

i.e. My friend moved to a town about 3 hours from here before highschool, "Delhi sucks... I wish I was back in Cambridge"... So he moved back to cambridge in grade 11, and started going to a highschool on the east side of town... He complkained about it, and got transferred to the school I go to... Then nearing the end of the year, complained about it and is going to some other highschool which is apperantly easier... so I want to transfer there lol

And if you want to celebrate halloween, do it.
 

StreetRacer864

Banned - What an Asshat!
26
0
0
#4
Yeah everywhere can really be boring.... But I've got an idea.

If its an hour to the next city, I'm guessing theres a lot of land you could ride a dirt bike on. You should get one! They're really fun and, as long as you have the safty gear, it's all fun and games! Just don't be stupid and try to do a backflip like I did....without previous experience. It still hurts to think of that.
 
143
0
0
#5
I pretty much came to the conclusion very early on in my high school years that it was going to suck no matter where I was and trust me i sympathize because i went to high school in a very small town. I live in the sf area now and i can assure you that Treasure Island is no place to go to high school. You should be glad that you are going to a school that isn’t 99 percent black or asian which would make your experience quite a bit more awkward. That is most of the schools around this area. Parents pick the schools they want their kids to go to mostly because of race in all the bay area.

Make some extra curricular activity your own. Mine was music, i played music. I could always play music no matter where I was and in fact I would even sneak up to the piano and play during breaks and I never cared what the fuck anyone thought of it.
 

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
4,126
0
0
#6
StreetRacer864 said:
Yeah everywhere can really be boring.... But I've got an idea.

If its an hour to the next city, I'm guessing theres a lot of land you could ride a dirt bike on. You should get one! They're really fun and, as long as you have the safty gear, it's all fun and games! Just don't be stupid and try to do a backflip like I did....without previous experience. It still hurts to think of that.
best advice ever..

"don't try to do a backflip like i did"

you are quoteworthy. :thumbsup: :thumbsdn:
 

StreetRacer864

Banned - What an Asshat!
26
0
0
#7
Haha thanks. I've learned a lot since then, so I can actually do it good now. Soon I wanna make a website with crazy video of my dirt bike crashes and some video of my friends crashed too. I'll keep you posted because I think you'll like it.... I hope so.
 
#8
Boycott said:
Wait it out... You probably have dual citizenship, which will help you out in the future... Not to mention you'll find this "nothing to do" "my school is shit" etc. everywhere you go...

i.e. My friend moved to a town about 3 hours from here before highschool, "Delhi sucks... I wish I was back in Cambridge"... So he moved back to cambridge in grade 11, and started going to a highschool on the east side of town... He complkained about it, and got transferred to the school I go to... Then nearing the end of the year, complained about it and is going to some other highschool which is apperantly easier... so I want to transfer there lol

And if you want to celebrate halloween, do it.
I didn't complain about my American school.... okay so maybe I did, but not as much. And it was mostly just about the crap food and my drama teachers hideous and disturbing mole.

Thanks for the Halloween advice.. I guess. Turns out some people do celebrate it, just not very many.

One way Australia can help out the future is if I go to college here and get a student loan, I can leave the country and never have to pay it back. :thumbsup:
 
#9
rbutler_7 said:
I pretty much came to the conclusion very early on in my high school years that it was going to suck no matter where I was and trust me i sympathize because i went to high school in a very small town. I live in the sf area now and i can assure you that Treasure Island is no place to go to high school. You should be glad that you are going to a school that isn’t 99 percent black or asian which would make your experience quite a bit more awkward. That is most of the schools around this area. Parents pick the schools they want their kids to go to mostly because of race in all the bay area.

Make some extra curricular activity your own. Mine was music, i played music. I could always play music no matter where I was and in fact I would even sneak up to the piano and play during breaks and I never cared what the fuck anyone thought of it.
I used to live in Alameda, you go to whichever school you're closest to there, you can't choose. I feel awkward around Australians, or I used to when I first came. They're more different then you probably think.

I recently took up guitar. I still suck tho, it's really hard.
 

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
1,051
0
0
#10
fire_starter said:
I used to live in Alameda, you go to whichever school you're closest to there, you can't choose. I feel awkward around Australians, or I used to when I first came. They're more different then you probably think.

I recently took up guitar. I still suck tho, it's really hard.
yes guitar is hard but youll get used to it, THANKS FOR YOUR NICE LITTLE RANT ON AUSTRALIA :mfinger:
 

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
713
0
0
#11
Indianapolis is such a shitty town, but I love it here. The neighbors here may be 99% black or mexican, but I feel comfortable around them and they're always friendly in an unobtrusive way. My wife and I are pretty much left alone otherwise, and all the ameneties of shopping, eating, and visiting family are never far away.
There was a time when I wasn't living in Indy, and I hated it because it was nothing but racist redneck country jocks who got stoned with the cops in public. No shit. Sheridan is a weed-cop town, and there's no way in hell i'd flirt with the law like that.
 
214
0
0
#12
later in life, you'll realize that everywhere is gay in one form or another, but you still have to live somewhere, and where you'll live will be gay.
 
#13
squeeze_me said:
yes guitar is hard but youll get used to it, THANKS FOR YOUR NICE LITTLE RANT ON AUSTRALIA :mfinger:
No worries mate. Glad to see you are not offened in anyway. :die: ^_^
 
143
0
0
#14
fire_starter said:
I used to live in Alameda, you go to whichever school you're closest to there, you can't choose. I feel awkward around Australians, or I used to when I first came. They're more different then you probably think.

I recently took up guitar. I still suck tho, it's really hard.
oh cool, I’m real close to alameda and work there often. The reason I say people pick the places for their children go to school (granted a little general) is that people in the city can guff the district placement a little. You can usually get into the school of choice because it is such a relatively small, largely diverse city and most in the city would rather move than put their children in a school that they know their children will be a minority. Where I grew up you absolutely couldn’t so I understand that in some counties you cant. Your right, I’m sure that I do not know what it is like in Australia because I have not been there and I am sure that It could be awkward as it would be in any new environment - i do not intend to demean that factor.

I have played the guitar for many years, Keep it up and you wont be sorry. It helps me when I need to think. playing the guitar is so therapeutic. :)
 
601
19
82
#15
fire_starter said:
I used to live in Alameda, you go to whichever school you're closest to there, you can't choose. I feel awkward around Australians, or I used to when I first came. They're more different then you probably think.

I recently took up guitar. I still suck tho, it's really hard.
Yea I just recently picked up a guitar, i'm on the same boat as you... is it electric bass or acoustic?
 

Jugular

volatile
4,839
554
327
#16
DizzyOwnzj00 said:
Yea I just recently picked up a guitar, i'm on the same boat as you... is it electric bass or acoustic?
How 'bout electric guitar :confused:
 
1,203
0
0
#17
Hey I have an awesome totally original idea guys! I've been playing drum set for about 2 years now...lets make a typical EMO American-Aussie band and make a poor attempt to change society! YAAAY!!!:cool:


Nah, actually I'm just kidding guys. Anyway, sorry to hear that Australia sucks, I've always wanted to check it out but....I'm starting to think otherwise..:rolleyes:
 

Jugular

volatile
4,839
554
327
#18
angrywelshman said:
Hey I have an awesome totally original idea guys! I've been playing drum set for about 2 years now...lets make a typical EMO American-Aussie band and make a poor attempt to change society! YAAAY!!!:cool:


Nah, actually I'm just kidding guys. Anyway, sorry to hear that Australia sucks, I've always wanted to check it out but....I'm starting to think otherwise..:rolleyes:
DRUMs + Good at drums = Chicks :thumbsup:

I know from experience.:) j\k


but really...
 
1,203
0
0
#19
hahaha drums kick ass man. My friend is doing an independent study at my school and is getting a credit for it. I think I will next year. Can you imagine that man? A high school credit for playing drums all day. :eek: