WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Rap songs by non-rap artists?

YogurtExplosion

Sniper Wolf
I hate when I'm listening to some nice pop song, and it gets interrupted by some shitty rap section. If I wanted to listen to rap, I'd go listen to a rap song.

Last edited:

CoprophagousCop

Old and bold and doesn't do what he's told.
Premium
I hate when I'm listening to some nice pop song, and it gets interrupted by some shitty rap section. If I wanted to listen to rap, I'd go listen to a rap song.
That type of song is usually known as hip hop.

I hate when the rappers in hip hop songs are basically just trying to promote themselves and making call outs to their record labels and friends. Those songs would be better without the rap part.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Stardust

CoprophagousCop

Premium
Proper singing has nothing to do with hip hop.
Hip hop is a mix of R&B singing and rap. R&B singers are "proper" singers unless you subscribe to the view that only classical, jazz, big band, ... music (basically music that existed before 1950) is "high music" and newer forms of music are "low music". I took a Music Appreciation course in college (I needed some Humanities credits to graduate) and this is what they told us. :bs:

I, for one, do not hate rap music; I just hate most rap music.

The reason I hate most rap music is actually the lyrics. Some rappers fill their lyrics with profanities. To me, this makes them sound untalented and immature. After all, there are only a handful of crude words in our language and using them every few words makes people sound like they have a very limited vocabulary. A lot of rappers are also very narcissistic. They are always bragging about having a lot of money, cars, women, ... things they do not have in real life, that is, until they convince enough wanks to buy their albums and then they do become rich. Such irony.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Ed Sheeran - London Town
Robbie Williams - Rudebox

I’m sure there’s a few more I could think of but I already feel a little depressed

CoprophagousCop

Premium
White and Nerdy, by Weird Al
I don't know if you could count Weird Al's songs since he does parodies of popular songs and does all genres of music. If you did count it, you would definitely also have to include "Amish Paradise" and "It's All About The Pentiums".

Murray Head - "One Night In Bangkok"

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
I don't know if you could count Weird Al's songs since he does parodies of popular songs and does all genres of music. If you did count it, you would definitely also have to include "Amish Paradise" and "It's All About The Pentiums".

Murray Head - "One Night In Bangkok"
I believe the title of this thread was quite simple, and I know Weird Al has more rap songs, I just picked this one because was the first that came to mind. I daresay even "Bob" could be counted.

CoprophagousCop

Premium
Mariah Carey - "Prisoner" (from her first album)

Bran' Nu (a.k.a. Brandy) "Meet In The Middle" and "Symphony" (from Timbaland's "Shock Value II" album)