WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

rap.. translated

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
example:
David Banner - Like a Pimp.

Real girls get down on the flo' on the flo' [3x]
Like a Pimp
Real girls get down on the flo' on the flo' [2x]
Like a pimp
Real girls get down on the flo' on the flo' [2x]
Authentic females lower themselves to ground level. (7x)
Similar to a procurer of female prostitutes.

By the time I hit the door, I saw hoes on the flo',
*****s dressed in suits tricking all dey dough.
At which point I entered the club’s front door, I viewed females spread upon the floor. Fellow gentlemen at the club were in their best attire, handing out various amounts of cash to the females.

Me, I’mma pimp, I ain't paying for no sex,
Man I'd rather buy a car or a new Rolex.
I myself am a lady’s man, and I demur the idea of exchanging capital for fornication. I would preferably trade my funds for a new automobile or expensive watch.

‘Cause I got street fame so hoes flock like birds,
I got one hoe in the Range, and one hoe in the Surb'.
Due to my popularity amongst individuals on the average street, numerous females come to visit me regularly. I currently have one dame in my Range Rover vehicle, while another in my Suburban SUV.

When I hit the club, I’mma be with David Banner,
A thug ass ***** with bad table manners.
Whenever I choose to stop by a social gathering, one can be sure that my colleague David Banner will too be present. He does, in fact, have unsatisfactory social refinement.

We act bad (My ***** what is y’all saying?),
Like when we walk inside clubs, *****s hold they gal's hand.
David Banner and I behave rather negatively. In fact upon entering the aforesaid club, males will often embrace their companion’s hand.

Cause they know we run trains (choo choo) all night,
How could yo gal leave me and be wit’ chu all night?
They do this for they are fully aware that we participate in the sexual act known as “running trains.” How is it possible that your female significant other could evade myself and accompany you all night?

But its all right, ‘cause you know we don't kiss,
Like Too $hort said, “Bitches aint shit.”
However, this is satisfactory due to the fact that you are au courant to the fact that we do not express affection via our lips. To quote our good friend ‘Too $hort’, “Bitches ain’t shit.”

I tried to told ya, dat most girls really freaks,
And dis is how they gotta make they money every week.
I previously attempted to advise you that in fact most females are fanatical, and these actions are the only method that they can regularly consummate wealth.

http://raptranslations.com/translations/

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
yo B... that was some serious foshnizzle about the mixes that be enterin my crib yo...

translation: Dear Sir... I honestly enjoyed your satire about current rap stylings, as i read them in the comfort of my house...

I read that article a while back, still funny none the less

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Phantom said:
I read that article a while back, still funny none the less
i remember hearing about it on npr a while back, then promptly forgot about it until today, and i have no idea how to say that in 'rap'..

anyone want to do some rap translations the other way around?

maybe a book you're reading into 'rap'.. or just something as simple as a tv ad?

or even something off the 'writer's block'?

Here's a good one:
***** please! Aint that some shit!?!

Friends, countrymen. I'm upset due to socio-economic environment I'm living in, which is designed to keep me poor and uneducated whilst rich, caucasian men earn billions off the sweat of my brethren. Further, I find it despicable that I can ascertain neither affordable housing, nor transportation.

JusDoodln'

Too dumb for the shortbus
Eminem: My First Single:

"Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh No
erra Oh Ah
erra Oh Ah
erra Oh Ah
erra Oh Oh Ah Ah
Oh Ah Oh Ah
Oh Ah Oh Ah
Poo Poo ka ka"

I'd be very impressed if you could crack this one.

JusDoodln' said:
Eminem: My First Single:

"Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh No
erra Oh Ah
erra Oh Ah
erra Oh Ah
erra Oh Oh Ah Ah
Oh Ah Oh Ah
Oh Ah Oh Ah
Poo Poo ka ka"

I'd be very impressed if you could crack this one.
I could rhyme words coherently, but I'd rather just make a mockery of the rap industry by singing about "poo poo".

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I am a fan of intelligent rap and hip hop, and I think this thread is... mildly funny and mildly... misinformed.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Icarus said:
I am a fan of intelligent rap and hip hop.
well you won't mind us thinking that idiots like david banner are ridiculous then..

JusDoodln'

Too dumb for the shortbus
canadian_pov said:
I could rhyme words coherently, but I'd rather just make a mockery of the rap industry by singing about "poo poo".
*now in awe of canadian_pov

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
void said:
well you won't mind us thinking that idiots like david banner are ridiculous then..
No no, I completely agree with you, David Banner can suck a dick... as well as most likely every rapper you've ever heard of...

Icarus said:
No no, I completely agree with you, David Banner can suck a dick... as well as most likely every rapper you've ever heard of...
Here's a good rap group, sporting intelligent, politically astute lyrics: Warparty, a native group from the Canadian reserves.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Icarus said:
I am a fan of intelligent rap and hip hop, and I think this thread is... mildly funny and mildly... misinformed.
so you only listen to rap from the 1980s? seriously... most all rap I've heard now adays is all about 3 basic topics... 1... the man keeping me down or killing cops.. 2... being a playa.... 3... loving someone, fucking someone, or breaking up with someone...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Icarus said:
whay are you assuming i know nothing about decent hip hop or rap, stuff like jungle bros, de la soul, umc's, gangstarr, roots manuva, the roots, hell.. any of the cds in my truck..
why have you come in here being pissy? did i annoy you with this? did i say 'icarus likes unintelligent rap and this'll get him going'? no, i just started a thread about shit rap that you admit you don't like..
drink de-caf..

ericman123

CEO of the internet
void said:
i remember hearing about it on npr a while back, then promptly forgot about it until today, and i have no idea how to say that in 'rap'..

anyone want to do some rap translations the other way around?

maybe a book you're reading into 'rap'.. or just something as simple as a tv ad?

or even something off the 'writer's block'?
How about a page from Joseph Conrad's brilliant novel, "The Heart of Darkness"

"Going up that river was like travelling back to the earliest beginnings of the world, when vegetation rioted on the earth and the big trees were kings. An empty stream, a great silence, and impenetrable forest. The air was warm, thick, heavy, sluggish. There was no joy in the brilliance of sunshine. The long stretches of the waterway ran on, deserted, into the gloom of overshadowed distances. On silvery sandbanks hippos and alligators sunned themselves side by side. The boadening waters flowed through a mob of wooded islands; you lost your way on that river as you would in a desert, and butted all day against long shoals, trying to find a channel, till you thought yourself bewitched and cut off for ever from everything you had ever known once - somewhere - far away - in another existence perhaps......There were moments when one's past came back to one, as it will sometimes when you have not a moment to spare yourself; but it came in the shape of an unrestful and noisy dream, remembered with wonder amongst the overwhelming realities of this strange world of plants, and water, and silence. And this silence, this stillness of life did not in the least resemble a peace. It was the stillness of an implacable force brooding over an inscrutable intention. It looked at you with a vengeful aspect. I got used to it.

Here goes......

MAN 1: Back in the crib, my home in Watts, the sounds that ya' hear is of the cops
Cement as far as the eye can see, the pace of the city makes me flee.

[chorus]
MAN 1: Tall buildings try to dominate me, this prison cannot hold me.
We'll see if this bizness sells, and how it has mold(ed) me.
MAN 2: Don't wait f(or) the shit to hit the floor, get you(r) ass out the door.
Silence is the man's reward, for making us not conform.

MAN 2: Outside, in the world, after justice has been 'served',
A dead end is what awaits, for those whose past cannot be (e)scaped.
MAN 1: It all comes back, round again, as the city's soul pushes (a)gainst,
my will to live, to survive, hell I can't go nine to five.

[repeat chorus]

MAN 2: Don't beleive their filthy lies, look them straight in the eyes,
In the truth, you shall see, retribution awaits me,
(continue speaking into next verse)
You and I, just hold off 'till we die, wait.... and just see, that judgement is this prophecy.
MAN 1: If there is one thing to learn, it's the man protects and serves,
But not you or me, outsiders are ALL that he sees.

[Chorus repeat]

end.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
ericman123 said:
How about a page from Joseph Conrad's brilliant novel, "The Heart of Darkness"

"Going up that river was like travelling back to the earliest beginnings of the world, when vegetation rioted on the earth and the big trees were kings. An empty stream, a great silence, and impenetrable forest. The air was warm, thick, heavy, sluggish. There was no joy in the brilliance of sunshine. The long stretches of the waterway ran on, deserted, into the gloom of overshadowed distances. On silvery sandbanks hippos and alligators sunned themselves side by side. The boadening waters flowed through a mob of wooded islands; you lost your way on that river as you would in a desert, and butted all day against long shoals, trying to find a channel, till you thought yourself bewitched and cut off for ever from everything you had ever known once - somewhere - far away - in another existence perhaps......There were moments when one's past came back to one, as it will sometimes when you have not a moment to spare yourself; but it came in the shape of an unrestful and noisy dream, remembered with wonder amongst the overwhelming realities of this strange world of plants, and water, and silence. And this silence, this stillness of life did not in the least resemble a peace. It was the stillness of an implacable force brooding over an inscrutable intention. It looked at you with a vengeful aspect. I got used to it.

Here goes......

Man 1:Back in the crib, my home in Watts, the sounds that ya' hear is of the cops
Cement as far as the eye can see, the pace of the city makes me flee

[chorus]
Man 1:Tall buildings try to dominate me, this prison cannot hold me
We'll see if this bizness sells, and how it has mold(ed) me.
Man 2: Don't wait f(or) the shit to hit the floor, get you(r) ass out the door
Silence is the man's reward, for making us not conform

Man 2: Outside, in the world, after justice has been 'served'
A dead end is what awaits, for those whose past cannot be (e)scaped.
Man 1: It all comes back, round again, as the city's soul pushes (a)gainst,
my will to live, to survive, hell I can't go five to nine.

[repeat chorus]

Man 2: Don't beleive their filthy lies, look them straight in the eyes,
In the truth, you shall see, retribution awaits me,
(continue speaking into next verse)
You and I, just hold off 'till we die, wait and just see, that judgement is this prophecy.
Man1: If there is one thing to learn, it's the man protects and serves,
Not you or me, outsiders are ALL that he sees.

[Chorus repeat]

end.
repped.. twice if i could.. once for the subject matter and once for getting back on topic..:thumbsup:

anyone want to tackle kilgore's monologue from on the beach in 'apocalypse now'?

"charlie don't surf!!!"

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
void said:
whay are you assuming i know nothing about decent hip hop or rap, stuff like jungle bros, de la soul, umc's, gangstarr, roots manuva, the roots, hell.. any of the cds in my truck..
why have you come in here being pissy? did i annoy you with this? did i say 'icarus likes unintelligent rap and this'll get him going'? no, i just started a thread about shit rap that you admit you don't like..
drink de-caf..
I was using the imperial you.

Dink de-caf :p

Darklight said:
so you only listen to rap from the 1980s? seriously... most all rap I've heard now adays is all about 3 basic topics... 1... the man keeping me down or killing cops.. 2... being a playa.... 3... loving someone, fucking someone, or breaking up with someone...
It is hard to find but intelligent, modern rap is certainly out there.

canadian_pov said:
Here's a good rap group, sporting intelligent, politically astute lyrics: Warparty, a native group from the Canadian reserves.
I haven't heard of them.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Icarus said:

Wait, there is intelligent rap?