WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Really, Really good music

Shine

Blowing up my pants
Whenever I listen to music I really like (e.g. the "Band of Brothers" theme song) I start to feel really, really tingly all over. Is this natural when you really like a song, or am I a defect?

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
i hit different states off different types of music...i really start to zone out and just mellow to hendrix and pink floyd type of stuff...but then i get really headbangerish from metal....so it really depends on the tunes i guess

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
can i just list some good bands?

• crooked fingers
  • thirteen senses
  • the capricorns
  • hope of the states
  • the unicorns

sorry for such a short list

Descent

Hella Constipated
When I first listened to Sub Dub MicroMachine's song Fly yesterday, it happened.

I love music. It's ironic how I still listen to metal after I transformed. I just find it...beautiful.

I like listening to fast and heavy music even when I'm in a good mood because it's hyperactive and has a lot of energy. Whether you choose to look at it in a positive or negative way...I have no influence there.

My music depends on my mood mostly. Most the time i just listen to Trance / Psytrance and uplifting hardcore (ie Cosmic Gate), Happy Hardcore (Bonkers, Dj Hixxy) etc. Other times i mainly listen to metal and grunge (Static X, Mudvayne, Slipknot, etc) And i occasionally listen to punk (Story of the Year, Linkin Park). Each type of music has its own effects, but i can't overlook the power of metal to block out depressing and confusing thoughts. Without metal i would never be able to get to sleep some nights.

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
Punk....punk punk....if you want punk, Dead Kennedy's....Misfits...Black Flag...Bad Religion...to name a few...oh yes, and GG Allin

Ah, Patticus knows what he's talking about!

Punk comes in many shapes and forms. A lot of the bands mentioned in the last post are fairly mainstream, but still punk none the less.

Fashion or "street" punk(also known as "stay away from this shit at all costs"): The Casualties, A Global Threat, the Unseen, Defiance, Lower Class Brats

Crust punk/powerviolence(generally faster and more aggressive): Capitalist Casualties, Disrupt, Toxic Narcotic, Spazz, Charles Bronson, Discharge, Insult

Crossover(punk mixed with metal): Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I.(older), Converge, Backstabbers Inc.(newer)

Also, if you want to look internationally, look up bands like Riistetyt, Rattus, Totalitar, etc.

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
if your on the topic of punk...i beleive punky bruster deserves a mention...really the only punk i listen to

Jung

???
Premium
TheLampIncident said:
Ah, Patticus knows what he's talking about!

Punk comes in many shapes and forms. A lot of the bands mentioned in the last post are fairly mainstream, but still punk none the less.

Fashion or "street" punk(also known as "stay away from this shit at all costs"): The Casualties, A Global Threat, the Unseen, Defiance, Lower Class Brats

Crust punk/powerviolence(generally faster and more aggressive): Capitalist Casualties, Disrupt, Toxic Narcotic, Spazz, Charles Bronson, Discharge, Insult

Crossover(punk mixed with metal): Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I.(older), Converge, Backstabbers Inc.(newer)

Also, if you want to look internationally, look up bands like Riistetyt, Rattus, Totalitar, etc.
Ok, that's all fine and dandy, but I hardly think Lincoln Park is punk.

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
Shinedown said:
Whenever I listen to music I really like (e.g. the "Band of Brothers" theme song) I start to feel really, really tingly all over. Is this natural when you really like a song, or am I a defect?
Happens to me all the time when I'm singing an aria. I figure it's oxygen deprivation. So, maybe you like the song so much you're not breathing enough. Air good. :thumbsup:

junglizm said:
Ok, that's all fine and dandy, but I hardly think Lincoln Park is punk.
Well no shit. That's why I gave a list of stuff that I would consider punk.

You can't just say a band's not punk and then offer no further guidance. You have to steer people in the right direction.