WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Record players

Lately these things seem to be coming back in style. I got a cheap record player at the Salvation Army over a year ago and now I'm starting to get a decent vinyl collection going. I'm definetely a fan of this. Anyone else collect records?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
What's stupid, though, is when people buy albums on vinyl and then neglect to buy record players.

I used to know somebody with a huge collection, and there's nothing like the sound of it. I'm all for it :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
TheLampIncident said:
Lately these things seem to be coming back in style. I got a cheap record player at the Salvation Army over a year ago and now I'm starting to get a decent vinyl collection going. I'm definetely a fan of this. Anyone else collect records?
I'm an avid vinyl collector. :cool: That's only one shelf of records, I have a lot more in the second bedroom. Also, sorry for the shitty quality in the first pic, it's a bit old.

</rant>

Tenderony
I got 1200's with the pink concordes. My decks are the other way up tho with the mixtick in the middle. Havent had a mix for ages..

</rant>

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
I have a couple good ones I got from ebay. I have an orange record of "All Hallows Eve" By A.F.I. I have the first Vinyl A.F.I. ever made "Dork". Mostly A.F.I.

Jung

???
Premium
Here are some of my picture discs are rare plates. The pics were too big to post, so click the thumbnails to see them full size.

These are two of my presses. The one on the left is an actual press (you may remember my old avatar) the other one is a 12" dubplate from customrecords.com.

My record collection. It's not huge, but this is what I have...

7":
Dropdead/Look Back And Laugh split
Spazz/Lack of Interest split(plays at 33 speed)
Toxic Narcotic - New Ways To Create Waste!
Tragedy/Totalitar split
Strong Intention/Solid Decline split
Toxic Narcotic/A Global Threat split
Capitalist Casualties - Planned Community(actually a 6", plays at 33 speed)
Backstabbers Inc. - Theory/History(plays at 33 speed)
Toxic Narcotic - Had It Coming!(marble turquoise wax)
Minor Threat - First Demo Tape(clear purple wax)

10":
Botch - Anthology Of Dead Ends
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Altered States of America(white wax)

LP:
Born Against - Battle Hymns Of The Race War
Backstabbers Inc. - Kamikaze Missions
Converge - Unloved And Weeded Out
Capitalist Casualties - Disassembly Line
Bad Brains - s/t
Daughters - Canada Songs(marble beige wax, one sided, plays at 45 speed)
Noxagt - Turning It Down Since 2001
As The Sun Sets - Each Individual Voice Is Dead In The Silence(clear blue wax)
XfilesX - Excruciation/Discography(clear red wax)
Spazz/Romantic Gorilla split(marble magenta wax)

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Here's one for ya. What was the last release by Metallica that orignally offered on LP?