WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Rectally Implant This Shit Why Don't YOU!

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1853

American passports go electronic

[/B]- American Passports will be fitted with [URL="http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1853#"]Radio[/URL] Frequency Identification Chips (RFID) from next year that will hold a [URL="http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1853#"]digital photo[/URL] of the passport's owner along with other information currently printed in passports.

The US Government is planning to introduce the new passports to anyone who applies for a new one from October 2006 with older passports coming up for renewal after this date automatically getting an electronic version.

In issuing the new rules, the department is matching a requirement it is imposing on visitors from several other countries. Foreigners from countries who do not need visas to enter the United States also must have the chips by next October. Such countries will be responsible for providing their citizens with passports that comply with US entry requirements.

A spokeswoman said the department is convinced the electronic passports will provide enhanced security.

Technology experts have said that the data on the chips, which will be read at a short distance by electronic devices in a passport-control booth, could be electronically intercepted and potentially misused.

According to the filing, the passports will be equipped with "anti-skimming" technology on the front and back of the passport to reduce the chance of the signal being intercepted between the passport and the electronic reader.

The chips will also have enough memory to add additional biometric information in the future.

Some privacy groups fear that the chips could be a prelude to tracking individuals' movements.

[B][COLOR=magenta]more sensible going ons in the good ol US of A. [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]biometrics are most secure, why not just issue me a chip at birth?[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]wunderbar, the wave of the future makes us nothing more than a homing beacon.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]...always something to look forward to. i hope they decide to implant them rectally too. [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]it will be a sombering reminder of what being fucked is really like.[/COLOR][/B]

Ichi_Ban

Fresh Meat
gurlgonewild said:
http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1853

American passports go electronic

[/B]- American Passports will be fitted with [URL="http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1853#"]Radio[/URL] Frequency Identification Chips (RFID) from next year that will hold a [URL="http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1853#"]digital photo[/URL] of the passport's owner along with other information currently printed in passports.

The US Government is planning to introduce the new passports to anyone who applies for a new one from October 2006 with older passports coming up for renewal after this date automatically getting an electronic version.

In issuing the new rules, the department is matching a requirement it is imposing on visitors from several other countries. Foreigners from countries who do not need visas to enter the United States also must have the chips by next October. Such countries will be responsible for providing their citizens with passports that comply with US entry requirements.

A spokeswoman said the department is convinced the electronic passports will provide enhanced security.

Technology experts have said that the data on the chips, which will be read at a short distance by electronic devices in a passport-control booth, could be electronically intercepted and potentially misused.

According to the filing, the passports will be equipped with "anti-skimming" technology on the front and back of the passport to reduce the chance of the signal being intercepted between the passport and the electronic reader.

The chips will also have enough memory to add additional biometric information in the future.

Some privacy groups fear that the chips could be a prelude to tracking individuals' movements.

[B][COLOR=magenta]more sensible going ons in the good ol US of A. [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]biometrics are most secure, why not just issue me a chip at birth?[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]wunderbar, the wave of the future makes us nothing more than a homing beacon.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]...always something to look forward to. i hope they decide to implant them rectally too. [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]it will be a sombering reminder of what being fucked is really like.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]
um that kind of sucks what if the chip gets broken or wet, oh yeah if it was rectally that would cut the shit out of your asshole!

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
whats really stupid is that they would impose it on other countries too.I mean you arent the god damn king of the world, you cant tell other govt. that we wont let your people in unless you put micro chips shit in the passports, how do they expect all the countries to spend that much money on it?

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
skullmaster said:
whats really stupid is that they would impose it on other countries too.I mean you arent the god damn king of the world, you cant tell other govt. that we wont let your people in unless you put micro chips shit in the passports
Yes, you can. Any country can do it.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
good move.. i don't see how having a passport that's harder to forge and quicker/easier to read will infringe on anyones civil liberties..

you can buy american passports in bangkok (amongst other places), but i'm pretty sure they won't be able to forge the new chip, this equals less terrorists entering..

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i don't see the huge problem, if it makes it harder to for people forging them to get into the US then i think it is a good thing. i don't think they would actually implant them rectally, i didn't see anything about them implanting them actually, i'd think it would be more akin to what they are doing with driver's licenses (at least in my state)

tw33k

Theoretical Realist
slemaire195 said:
what kind of batteries do these bad boys take?
They don't need a battery. They are very low power and the RF detector provides the necessary voltage to them when they are scanned.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
uuh. Flashback. It´s like.. living in the year 1984.

by George Orwell.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
An excellent idea. Counterfeited Id is commonplace this should make it harder. :thumbsup:

And I suppose America will be the sole developer of these passports...Someone is going to get very rich from this.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Pretty soon, the gov will be able to track when you take a shit, when you toke a joint, ect.

Personally, I do not think having a passport that issues a radio frequency that can be easily picked up by a semi smart person is a good idea. I think it is a very bad, bad idea.

PS: I am pretty sure someone will be able to forge the chip, or at least forge the signal that it creates. That can not be that hard to do.

Personally, I hate the idea of a border cop being able to scan my card and instantly know everything about me without asking for my ID, without me being given the right to refuse to show my ID. This is just another bull shit gestapo tracking trick of the good old usa. It makes me fucking sick.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
That's why we all need to become outlaws. Live outside of "normal" society, take a step back and realize what's really important to us, what we really need.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
BklynCannonball said:
That's why we all need to become outlaws. Live outside of "normal" society, take a step back and realize what's really important to us, what we really need.
I tried that. I wound up broke and homeless. in this day and age, to survive, you have to conform. Its not like my dad's childhood, when you could take a trip to turkey ro mexico or cananda and come back with some black market shit to make a life. Its very different nowadays.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
dustinzgirl said:
I tried that. I wound up broke and homeless. in this day and age, to survive, you have to conform. Its not like my dad's childhood, when you could take a trip to turkey ro mexico or cananda and come back with some black market shit to make a life. Its very different nowadays.
except in the rest of the world.. ;)

europe, 15 countries, no passport control, well unless you attract it.. so that's where the terrorism is being concentrated now.. madrid, london..

and asia, wow.. you thought the usa/mexico border was leaking?

america isn't all that bad, it's just that americans tend to think it is.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
I'm just weary of all the controls now. I hate having my rights taken away from me and I feel that by conforming and giving in as much as most people do, it's easier to control them then if you knew the inside but were on the outside.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
BklynCannonball said:
I'm just weary of all the controls now. I hate having my rights taken away from me and I feel that by conforming and giving in as much as most people do, it's easier to control them then if you knew the inside but were on the outside.
you're right to be wary/weary.. fuck a bunch of their 'nanny state'.. but it's america in the 00's.. we kind of voted in the regime and now we're living in it.. those outlaw lifestyles that existed here still exist elsewhere and eventually will return to the states, everything is cyclical, political trends ebb and flow so in a few years or decades we'll be back in the swinging 30's.. and i'll be a silverheaded rebel bastard, yee haw.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
BklynCannonball said:
You know what really happened Void. We did no such thing.
..kind of.. = appointed :eek: