WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Recurring dreams

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Alright... I keep having the same dream (kind of). It's happened three times this week.

I'm at school (kind of). It seems to be a mixture of six schools that I've been to. Anyways, I start making out with a hot chick (it's a different chick every time, but they've been real girls that I know... which is strange). Then, for some reason, she says something like "I don't know if I'll ever see you again, so I guess this is goodbye." I'm like "What the fuck? We have school again tomorrow." I walk away, and then somebody says "Want to drink?" or "Want to do shots?" or something like that.

For no reason, I just start drinking (in the middle of school!). Then, invariably, we get caught, and in trouble. The strangest part, though, is that I know it's happened before. The second time I dreamed it, I was like "Again?" And the third time, "That's three times! Mom is gonna kill me."

I've no freakin' clue what any of this all might mean... any help anybody? Or, any recurring dreams you guys would like to mention?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I sometimes have this dream where I'm standing on top of a pyramid, in kind of a sun god robe, while women throw little pickles at my body.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
i have this dream like every other month for the past couple years. where im at my old house and i get inside then theres a gaint orange inside.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Alright, I did that, Black Flame. This is what I got.

"Alcohol: Relaxation. Indulgence. Freedom from responsibility." This applies pretty well. I was always trying to blame it (the alchohol) on somebody else in the dream.

"Kissing: Affection. Joy. Coming success. Wish to be close to someone." I'm not so sure about this one. All the girls were pretty, but I don't think about any of them that way, really.

As for Max's:

"Pyramid: Monument. Ancient knowledge. Seeking awareness with greater consciousness."

"Sun: Life. Energy. Continuity. You are producing something worthy."

I couldn't find pickles... hah.

Otep's:

"Orange: The color orange in dreams indicates passion in every aspect of your life." I know it was an orange, not the color orange, but that's the closest I could come.

If you want to go to the site yourself, it's http://www.petrix.com/dreams/ .

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
NoSubstance said:
Alright... I keep having the same dream (kind of). It's happened three times this week.

I'm at school (kind of). It seems to be a mixture of six schools that I've been to. Anyways, I start making out with a hot chick (it's a different chick every time, but they've been real girls that I know... which is strange). Then, for some reason, she says something like "I don't know if I'll ever see you again, so I guess this is goodbye." I'm like "What the fuck? We have school again tomorrow." I walk away, and then somebody says "Want to drink?" or "Want to do shots?" or something like that.

For no reason, I just start drinking (in the middle of school!). Then, invariably, we get caught, and in trouble. The strangest part, though, is that I know it's happened before. The second time I dreamed it, I was like "Again?" And the third time, "That's three times! Mom is gonna kill me."

I've no freakin' clue what any of this all might mean... any help anybody? Or, any recurring dreams you guys would like to mention?

Its called puberty. your body is pouring hormones into your body while you sleep, this causes strange dreams. these are probably recurring dreams because you keep thinking about them when you wake up.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
as for recurring dreams, I have a lot of dreams about war. Not just war in some wierd place, but war at home. I've had the same dream since I was a kid. about once a month or so. I dream that there are a bunch of airplanes and tankers on the freeway, and Im driving my car. Im like "fuck this" and I flip a bitch, drive into a field, and cross it into the mountains. I always have my kids with me, or someone elses (before I had kids). and for some reason I have the .22 that my mojm taught me to shoot with. Then I come to this place that is impassible becuase of the river, I wind up carrying the kids across it.

I also have dreams about bio-chemical war, these freak me out, I am choking, and my kids are choking, and there is nothing I can do to help them. I usually wake up and realize that everything is OK, but this dream sucks ass.

So here is what my dreams symbolize:

War Conflict. Antagonism. Strategy. Looking for an escape of a problem
Child or children Innocence. The new self seeking to develop. Part of self nature is childlike.
Death = End of a cycle. Something is finally over
Choking Restricted communication. Afraid to say something
Poison Injury. Harm. Destructive actions or thoughts. There is something that no longer nourishes you

Whatever. Actually, I think I am just terrified of war and chemical war and not being able to save my children from the world's bullshit.

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
NoSubstance said:
Alright, I did that, Black Flame. This is what I got.

"Alcohol: Relaxation. Indulgence. Freedom from responsibility." This applies pretty well. I was always trying to blame it (the alchohol) on somebody else in the dream.

"Kissing: Affection. Joy. Coming success. Wish to be close to someone." I'm not so sure about this one. All the girls were pretty, but I don't think about any of them that way, really.

As for Max's:

"Pyramid: Monument. Ancient knowledge. Seeking awareness with greater consciousness."

"Sun: Life. Energy. Continuity. You are producing something worthy."

I couldn't find pickles... hah.

Otep's:

"Orange: The color orange in dreams indicates passion in every aspect of your life." I know it was an orange, not the color orange, but that's the closest I could come.

If you want to go to the site yourself, it's http://www.petrix.com/dreams/ .
okay, dream interpreting is weird. there are other meanings behind things in your dreams that you can look up in a dream dictionary and have an idea of what it means.. but you also have to think about what that object/person etc means to you. if the girls in your dream really don't mean much to you, they're just pretty, it could be telling you to just go with the flow maybe. maybe get into some more experimental stuff, it doesn't have to mean anything, you just have a need to explore.. but when the girls say they can never see you again and you get all upset, maybe that's saying you're being too clingy. you are perhaps thinking too much into the things you're just experimenting with. this all also ties in with the alcohol, relaxation, indulgence.
max's seems pretty obvious. he is seeking greater conciousness and knowledge, and the sun tells him he is finding it and using it well to his advantage.
otep's seems to me like a reminder of how much his home is a great aspect of his life. then again, since that was just a description of the colour orange and not actually an orange, that's probably where the whole thing about what an orange means to YOU ties in.. aswell as what your house means to you.
i'm really not too good at interpreting dreams, i have a friend who's much better at it, but that's what i got.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
dustinzgirl said:
Its called puberty. your body is pouring hormones into your body while you sleep, this causes strange dreams. these are probably recurring dreams because you keep thinking about them when you wake up.
Then why would I start drinking? So far it's been beer, vodka, and whiskey. I have no real desire to drink...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Black Flame said:
okay, dream interpreting is weird. there are other meanings behind things in your dreams that you can look up in a dream dictionary and have an idea of what it means.. but you also have to think about what that object/person etc means to you. if the girls in your dream really don't mean much to you, they're just pretty, it could be telling you to just go with the flow maybe. maybe get into some more experimental stuff, it doesn't have to mean anything, you just have a need to explore.. but when the girls say they can never see you again and you get all upset, maybe that's saying you're being too clingy. you are perhaps thinking too much into the things you're just experimenting with. this all also ties in with the alcohol, relaxation, indulgence.
I'm not upset in the dreams when this happens, just confused. The thing isn't that they can never see me again, it's like they know I'm going to get in trouble for drinking and get expelled or something. It's confusing. Then again, that's like all of my relationships have ever been... confused.

You're better than me at interpreting dreams... and better than that website... :thumbsup: Quality stuff.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
NoSubstance said:
Then why would I start drinking? So far it's been beer, vodka, and whiskey. I have no real desire to drink...
because you are at that stage in life where doing something you are not supposed to holds a kind of mystery for you. You are breaking away from who you are supposed to be and discovering your own identity. Part of that is breaking the rules, even if it is something you dont really want to do.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
That does make sense. And... shit.

The girl in the first dream I've known since like 7th grade. In 8th grade, she got kicked out of our Junior High for drinking... (which was really stupid, espescially in class).

That kind of clears some stuff up, and raises new questions.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
let me give you some advice for life. Never do anything that sounds like a bad idea, even if it has a great plan. Never do anything that comprimises who you want to be. Always have faith in yourself. Always get be learning and listening.

That should pretty much cover it.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Haha. Thanks :thumbsup:

Hmm... good advice, all of it.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
well, you know me, always full of great advice i dont use, so you can have it. Just kidding. Actually, I am one of those cool immature adults that still remembers what it was like to be a kid. I am only 26, afterall.

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
NoSubstance said:
I'm not upset in the dreams when this happens, just confused. The thing isn't that they can never see me again, it's like they know I'm going to get in trouble for drinking and get expelled or something. It's confusing. Then again, that's like all of my relationships have ever been... confused.

You're better than me at interpreting dreams... and better than that website... :thumbsup: Quality stuff.
hah, thanks.
so they know you're going to get in trouble for drinking so they think that if they are seen with you then they will get expelled too? or something like that. and you say all of your relationships have been confusing like that. well then.. this is kinda hard.. let's see.
i think then it has something to do with the fact that maybe you've put all those relationships behind you(which is why the girls are no one with any real meaning to you) though they still obviously played a role in your life (which is why you're kissing them) and so you're trying to relax and indulge (the booze). but you get caught and get expelled.. and the girl's knew that was going to happen so they didn't want to see you again.. so maybe you feel paranoid or guilt of getting caught trying to free your mind of the confusion, and that you'll get in trouble for it... there's something i'm not getting though.. it's at the back of my mind and it seems like this could all be so much more simple, or something completely different.. i also think that being at your school might have something more to do with it too. especially since it's a combination of a bunch of the school's you've been to.. considering you mentioned there were quite a few, i imagine some shit has gone down there. so the school has to mean something to you that ties in with it all.
this is gonna bug me. lol.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Black Flame said:
hah, thanks.
so they know you're going to get in trouble for drinking so they think that if they are seen with you then they will get expelled too? or something like that. and you say all of your relationships have been confusing like that. well then.. this is kinda hard.. let's see.
Nah, they know I'm going to get expelled, and that they won't see me at school any more. They're not afraid of getting in trouble or anything, they're just like "You're going away." And uhh... when I left the girl, usually I would start boozing right away.

Black Flame said:
i think then it has something to do with the fact that maybe you've put all those relationships behind you(which is why the girls are no one with any real meaning to you) though they still obviously played a role in your life (which is why you're kissing them) and so you're trying to relax and indulge (the booze).
That's a very ingenious observation. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Black Flame said:
there's something i'm not getting though.. it's at the back of my mind and it seems like this could all be so much more simple, or something completely different..
I could go in to excrutiating detail in a PM, if needed :)

Black Flame said:
i also think that being at your school might have something more to do with it too. especially since it's a combination of a bunch of the school's you've been to.. considering you mentioned there were quite a few, i imagine some shit has gone down there. so the school has to mean something to you that ties in with it all.
this is gonna bug me. lol.
Actually, I meant schools that I'd been to (literally), not attended. I've only attended four schools (Two elementary because of moving, then Junior and High schools). I've been to a lot of schools, though, for basketball games. That's why there are quite a few of them.

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
ahh ic ic... go ahead an PM if you want. i am racking my brain trying to figure this out. i think on way too many different levels i end up confusing myself @_@lol.

magnolia

Postaholic
Okay, we just spent my last psych class talking about dreams. They are a combination of things that u see or hear or whatever else throughout ur day. They don't really mean anything. Like, dreams are a totally fucked up concept. I guess they don't have deep meanings like we'd like them to have. I think my psych teacher is kindof screwy. But that's what we were taught anyway.