WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Redefining marriage...

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Defining Marriage

The Presidential Prayer Team is currently urging us to: "Pray for the President as he seeks wisdom on how to legally codify the definition of marriage. Pray that it will be according to Biblical principles. With many forces insisting on variant definitions of marriage, pray that God's Word and His standards will be honored by our government."

Any religious person believes prayer should be balanced by action. So here, in support of the Prayer Team's admirable goals, is a proposed Constitutional Amendment to codify marriage based on biblical principles:

A. Marriage in the United States shall consist of a union between one man and one or more women. (Gen 29:17-28; II Sam 3:2-5)

B. Marriage shall not impede a man's right to take concubines, in addition to his wife or wives. (II Sam 5:13; I Kings 11:3; II Chron 11:21)

C. A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed. (Deut 22:13-21)

D. Marriage of a believer and a non-believer shall be forbidden. (Gen 24:3; Num 25:1-9; Ezra 9:12; Neh 10:30)

E. Since marriage is for life, neither this Constitution nor the constitution of any state, nor any state or federal law, shall be construed to permit divorce. (Deut 22:19; Mark 10:9)

F. If a married man dies without children, his brother shall marry the widow. If he refuses to marry his brother's widow or deliberately does not give her children, he shall pay a fine of one shoe. (Gen. 38:6-10; Deut 25:5-10)

Slightly different take on the debate of what marriage is or isn't. What's your view on the need to redefine marriage? Should we have seperate legal and religious definitions? Should the legal term merely be "civil union"?

lojasmo

Banned - What an Asshat!
The legal definition should be "civil union"

Churches should be allowed to marry heterosexual or homosexual couples as dictated by the bylaws of the church. The government should not interfere with this as outlined by the first.

The only constitutional amendment infringing on civil liberties was a miserable failure (prohibition) and was repealed.

The protections afforded by civil unions (tax breaks, hospital visitation rules, inheritance laws) should be afforded to all persons regardless of sexual orientation.

I say again, fuck the bible, and fuck prayer while i'm thinking of it. Also, fuck religion.

Mental

Flame Bait
religion is dumb shit ive only been to church (forced) once in my life and it was just bullshit. just sat there for what...2hours? cant remember, it was just dumb shit and that was before the scams and crap in church started up.

like homosexual ppl can help it scientists think its caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes it. dont get all the gay bashing shit i mean god bush is saying shit like their taliban osama wannabes from what i heard on his speech. its predjudice in my opinion and i thought the USA got over that a longass time ago for fucks sake! :mfinger: bush and religion i dont care if i go to hell, no such thing really. there are worse fates then going to hell, you might be trapped in a church with perverted sickos. fuck'em all this is just shit bush is starting up for his relection bid anyway. we're gonna have a WWIII if he keeps this shit up or at the least a second civil war :bomb:

Smiss

smissinat0r
I got really tired of this debate long ago. *sigh* Of course, I wouldn't sit idly by if there were something I could do besides writing letters. I already live in the 2nd gayest city in the country. What more do you want from me!?

lojasmo

Banned - What an Asshat!
Ugh. Don't call it a "chemical imbalance"

"like homosexual ppl can help it scientists think its caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes it."

Actually it is a structural difference in the corpus callosum. calling it a chemical imbalance will only give fuel to idiots so they can call it a mental illness.

Mental

Flame Bait
lojasmo said:
"like homosexual ppl can help it scientists think its caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes it."

Actually it is a structural difference in the corpus callosum. calling it a chemical imbalance will only give fuel to idiots so they can call it a mental illness.
well bush is an idoit why the fuck aint he calling it a mental illness? hes already drunk 50gallons of beer so sure as hell hes an idoit :bomb:

fuck it

Im sick of bible huggers and their constant chances to force their shit on the world. I dont give a fuck if they want to sing on sundays but dont make different people follow their rules.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
crentallyPissed said:
bible huggers
That's a new one to me. I always thought it was bible thumpers and tree huggers... You remind me of the bartender in Boondock Saints. ;)

shep

Local alcoholic
the worst is those jahova cock suckers.They come to your house sunday morning while im smoking a joint with a beer in my hand and my shotgun behind my door.I told that old bitch ladie that keeps comming back im gonna let my fucking meathead pitbull out to nah on her leg if she comes back round here again.fuckin cult that it is! :mfinger: :gun:

BUSHSUCKSBALLS

Bringer of sex.
Mental said:
religion is dumb shit ive only been to church (forced) once in my life and it was just bullshit. just sat there for what...2hours? cant remember, it was just dumb shit and that was before the scams and crap in church started up.

like homosexual ppl can help it scientists think its caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes it. dont get all the gay bashing shit i mean god bush is saying shit like their taliban osama wannabes from what i heard on his speech. its predjudice in my opinion and i thought the USA got over that a longass time ago for fucks sake! :mfinger: bush and religion i dont care if i go to hell, no such thing really. there are worse fates then going to hell, you might be trapped in a church with perverted sickos. fuck'em all this is just shit bush is starting up for his relection bid anyway. we're gonna have a WWIII if he keeps this shit up or at the least a second civil war :bomb:
Yes, almost nothing good ever comes out of religion. The struggle in Isreal, terrorism, The Crusades (many other wars have been based on religion as well). Besides, since when should the goverment have the power to re-define a god damn word! Thats pathetic, the goverment should not be able to do that, that almost sounds like something that would happen in a totalitarian state. Plus Bush initiated this for religious reasons, what ever happened to the seperation of church and state?

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Just a minor correctional point, the Crusades were only about religion in a superficial sense, but they were actually about ethnocentrism and power mongering. The greedy few used religion as a way to motivate the people to fight for them, claiming they were going to "liberate" the christians being oppressed by the muslims. Once again, a religion that supposedly preaches peace, understanding, and atonement, was used as a banner of war, racism, and oppression. It turns out that the local christians actually faught alongside the muslims against the crusaders because they knew what they were really coming for (i.e. the spoils of war).
Granted that's a bit off topic though. I don't think Bush should be using religious reasoning to govern the country. The private religious institutions still have their rights to implement their own policies however they see fit, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the state if it is not a representative majority of the population.

anyway..

That new idea for marriage does sound good though.. one way or another the only question I would have is... I'm not sure if I'd want my brother fucking my girlfriend though :(

Echo24

Academic Extraordinaire
homosexuals are not to blame for theur sexual orientation, so i think that marriage should indeed be "civil union".