WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Redrum

3,559
2
0
#1
I was reading The Shining yesterday and that night I had the craziest dream. I was walking down a hall in my house and I saw REDRUM written in blood on the wall. So I started walking to the door to leave when I saw a bloated corpse reaching it's cold dead decaying hand at me and reched for me. It was about that time that I woke up. I thought that was the craziest dream I've ever had. And I assure you I've had crazy dreams before.
 

ferengi

Yay fire!
2,089
2
102
#2
I've had much worse... had night terrors all the time as a kid... woke up sweating buckets, not able to breathe, and turning on every light in the house and refusing to go back to bed.

Still though, bad dreams suck!
 
3,559
2
0
#3
ferengi74656 said:
I've had much worse... had night terrors all the time as a kid... woke up sweating buckets, not able to breathe, and turning on every light in the house and refusing to go back to bed.

Still though, bad dreams suck!
It was cool if you read The Shining you'll have some sort of crazy dream. :thumbsup:
 

ferengi

Yay fire!
2,089
2
102
#4
I've tried to sit down and watch The Shining, but never can get through it, something always interrupts me. Never been able to get my hands on the book, either. From what I have seen though, I don't doubt for a moment it would cause some pretty crazy dreams.

One movie that I can't go to sleep after is The Exorcist... That movie just freaks me out!
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#5
ferengi74656 said:
I've tried to sit down and watch The Shining, but never can get through it, something always interrupts me. Never been able to get my hands on the book, either. From what I have seen though, I don't doubt for a moment it would cause some pretty crazy dreams.

One movie that I can't go to sleep after is The Exorcist... That movie just freaks me out!
You have to find the time to watch that movie! its just unamerican if you dont!
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,906
3,364
487
#6
I had a dream that I was standing atop a pyramid, in kind of a sun god robe, while women threw little pickles at my body.

Hmmm.
 

ferengi

Yay fire!
2,089
2
102
#7
MaxPower said:
I had a dream that I was standing atop a pyramid, in kind of a sun god robe, while women threw little pickles at my body.

Hmmm.
In the words of the immortal Spock: Fascinating.
 
3,559
2
0
#8
dustinzgirl said:
You have to find the time to watch that movie! its just unamerican if you dont!
Watch the original with Jack Nicholson not the re-made one with that guy from Wings. You can get the book for $5 at Half Price Books. :thumbsup:
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#9
actually, the one with jack nicholson is not the original. There was an earlier film made that was extremely long... I may be wrong about this, my memory is hazy and fading, but i believe thats true.
 

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
9,652
1,302
387
#10
The book was first published in '77, and the Jack Nicholson movie came out in '80. I am pretty sure that that version is the origional. The only other Steven King movies to come out earlier were Carrie in '76 and Salem's Lot in '79.
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#12
I hate the FCC said:
I was reading The Shining yesterday and that night I had the craziest dream. I was walking down a hall in my house and I saw REDRUM written in blood on the wall. So I started walking to the door to leave when I saw a bloated corpse reaching it's cold dead decaying hand at me and reched for me. It was about that time that I woke up. I thought that was the craziest dream I've ever had. And I assure you I've had crazy dreams before.

That explains the stories...I was wondering.....
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#13
I did a little IMDB search for an earlier version of the shining but i didnt find any, so i guess i was wrong on this one. The only thing i can find is that there is a 30 minute or so difference between the version released in the US and the one released in the UK and australia.
 
3,050
0
0
#16
:cool: The Shinning, a cool movie, but the freekiest movie I've ever seen was The Entity, I was only able to watch it once then never again, still makes me wake up in cold sweats, The Shinning is almost childs play in comparison ;)
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
251
118
#20
I watched that movie when I was 7 and it scared the shit out of me (I have a pretty active imagination).

It's one of my favorite movies now.