WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

reinstalling windows 98

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
I'm trying to get some functionality out of my laptop, which was designed for windows 98, but has xp, anyway i was trying to switch it back to 98 using the system restoration CD and i got this error: (excuse typos, im looking at the laptop while typing on this computer)

The First hard drive does not contain a FAT 16 or FAT32 Widnows partition.
This may be caused by one of the following reason:

1) You are using an NTFS (Windows NT) file system.
2) YOu are using an HPFS (OS/2) File system.
3) The last partition on your drive was an NTFS or an HPFS partition.

If you are using an NTFS or HPFS file system, you will need to install the DOS CD-ROM drivers manually. See the file C:\configs.txt. to determine which driver should be used. You will also need to partition your hard disk drive manually. See the file (C:\FDISK.EXER). When finished restart the computer with this CD in the driver
I couldn't find either of those files on the restoration disk...

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
It sounds like you need a bootdisk.

Try www.bootdisk.com

I think this will work for you.

Download it to Windows, put a floppy in your drive and run the .exe It'll make the disk for you.

Easty

Click click boom
damn bro, if i was you i would just upgrade to windows XP

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
it appears that it's working, thankyou uberskippy

i already repped you recently though :/