WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Relationships Aren't Everything

7
0
0
#1
I haven't been here long, but I've noticed many people here seem to be so upset over the fact that they're not dating. Don't get me wrong, dating can be a great thing, but it can also be one of the most emotionally disturbing, heart wrenching relationships you can ever enter. Almost over rated at times.

Everyone is so concerned about finding someone to "love". I swore I "loved" my last 3 girlfriends to death, and maybe I did in some way, but they all came and went. They weren't right for me. Call it fate, destiny, whatever you want. But when it comes down to it, heartbreak is a depressing part of life. And I can almost guarantee that everyone will experience it at LEAST once.

The moral? Don't rush yourselves. Just jumping into relationships because you feel you need someone to lean on, love, cherish will only lead to heartache. Sure there's that one in a billion chance you'll fall right into the arms of your "soul-mate", but those odds are hard to hit.

I guess, just pace yourself. I'm not saying all this because I think I'm some "relationship expert". I've just been there. I was that guy that jumped into things too quickly. Because I needed to fill that "void" that I never even knew existed. To this day I am still emotionally scared from being burnt too many times.

Seek out someone that you are not only attracted to, but are compatible with. Don't just date. Create a friendly relationship with the person first. If you can't be friends, you'll never make it as a couple.

Just some thoughts.
 

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
346
0
0
#3
truly those are wise words, but it doesnt work too well for my situation since im bordering on depression and all i really want is someone to be there :p . And heartbreak whatever gotta take the good and the bad and if i can get some good out of a relationship and some happy times, its well worth it, cause im not finding good times much elsewhere
 

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
465
0
0
#4
This is kinda like the saying is it better to be loved and looze it or not be loved at all? and to tell u the truth i cant asnwer that ques. however, dufus, u gave me alot 2 think about... it kinda makes me feel better.. that it doesnt have 2 be NOW to get into a relationship its just a matter of time..
 

Reqium

Tenderony
157
0
0
#5
RGN-dRaGoN said:
This is kinda like the saying is it better to be loved and looze ir or not be loved at all?
Wow. I believe its " Its better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.
And yeah good wisdom.
 
158
0
0
#6
Yeah, Reqiums right on the quote. It's better to love someone and lose them to experience the feeling of love, than to miss out on it and miss out on one of the best feelings in the world
 
11,052
398
382
#7
Reqium said:
Wow. I believe its " Its better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.
And yeah good wisdom.
"better to have loved and lost and commit suicide cause of that loss, than to have never loved at all."

enjoy the single life while you can
 
509
0
0
#9
I always have a gf and/or bf... so... It dont matter to me... but when i am single... It rocks... yet i think I like haveing a bf and gf better... I have the hottest gf and bf around so... I am happy...
 

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
465
0
0
#10
Halfpintrocker said:
I always have a gf and/or bf... so... It dont matter to me... but when i am single... It rocks... yet i think I like haveing a bf and gf better... I have the hottest gf and bf around so... I am happy...
neh.. this was kinda like ur last post in not having a g/f b/f lol... o and i found out u r bisexual.. wich 4 a hot gurl (if u are hot that is) i think is kool.. getting off topic tho, im gonna answer my own ques about the to be loved and looze it or never be loved at all.. i think it is better to be loved cuase at least u had it at least u had ur moments of grattitude... for the one that dint love b4 has nothing.. not even memorys
 
158
0
0
#11
RGN-dRaGoN said:
neh.. this was kinda like ur last post in not having a g/f b/f lol... o and i found out u r bisexual.. wich 4 a hot gurl (if u are hot that is) i think is kool.. getting off topic tho, im gonna answer my own ques about the to be loved and looze it or never be loved at all.. i think it is better to be loved cuase at least u had it at least u had ur moments of grattitude... for the one that dint love b4 has nothing.. not even memorys

... You just figured that out? i knew that when she first said "b/f or g/f"...
Oh, and Rock on! couldnt agree more with ya. It IS better to have loved and lost, at least you could remember all the fun it was.
 

chubz

fluffy teh penguin
243
0
0
#12
FUBAR said:
truly those are wise words, but it doesnt work too well for my situation since im bordering on depression

thats y we have friends. . . but still i see your point

and i think u should have a little bit of expireince with the bad to make to good, or learn from mistakes
 

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
465
0
0
#13
neim a lil | | bit slow compared the average | | person, o well, lol
 
11,052
398
382
#14
Child of Bodom said:
... You just figured that out? i knew that when she first said "b/f or g/f"...
Oh, and Rock on! couldnt agree more with ya. It IS better to have loved and lost, at least you could remember all the fun it was.
meh... i wouldn't know
 

dbmott

That's not guacamole!!!
52
0
0
#15
Sorry but I totally and 100% disagree. Relationships are almost everything. When you feel down and pure shitty, you know that there is someone out there that truly cares for you. I was in school and it was reaaallly starting to suck, my grades were dropping because I was totally losing steam because of the end of the year and I was exhausted, my family was having problems, I was getting into and still am getting into huge fights with some of my best friends, my job sucked ass and still does, I had nothing to do, no one would give an ear, except for my girlfriend, who was there for me, and I love her for that. Yes she is an ex now but we are actually still friends, and being in love is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Knowing that no matter what happens to you, there is someone still out there that will love and listen to you.

Peace out.

EDIT: yes someone mentioned something about friends, well you can't have intimate relations (having sex) with your friends, that would be screwed up. Friends are for hanging out with and having fun, I think friendships are ruined when you try and do to much while trying to stay in the "friends" zone.
 
4,248
0
0
#16
Sometimes not having anything good to look at in life is satisfying because you can come to forums like this and bitch all day about your problems. Being down and out makes you a much smarter person, because you know from experience what not to do. You don't need relationships for shit.
 
59
0
0
#17
it's still possible to get most of what u look for in a relationship w/ out being in a relationship
 

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
346
0
0
#18
Magnum said:
it's still possible to get most of what u look for in a relationship w/ out being in a relationship
yea but hookers cost alot of money...well the non diseased ones..last time i pay 5 bucks i tell you that much
 
158
0
0
#19
dbmott said:
Sorry but I totally and 100% disagree. Relationships are almost everything. When you feel down and pure shitty, you know that there is someone out there that truly cares for you. I was in school and it was reaaallly starting to suck, my grades were dropping because I was totally losing steam because of the end of the year and I was exhausted, my family was having problems, I was getting into and still am getting into huge fights with some of my best friends, my job sucked ass and still does, I had nothing to do, no one would give an ear, except for my girlfriend, who was there for me, and I love her for that. Yes she is an ex now but we are actually still friends, and being in love is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Knowing that no matter what happens to you, there is someone still out there that will love and listen to you.

Peace out.

EDIT: yes someone mentioned something about friends, well you can't have intimate relations (having sex) with your friends, that would be screwed up. Friends are for hanging out with and having fun, I think friendships are ruined when you try and do to much while trying to stay in the "friends" zone.

Rock on dude
 

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
465
0
0
#20
yea i felt the same way, if only i had some1 to understand me, if only i had some1 to tell me to look up instead of pushing my head down. if i had some1 to pick me up after all these hard punches life has gaven me. i truely wish for i G/F but i had no courage, no confidence, because if she will turn me down i will be the person loozer who asked out a hot gurl and got put down. it will just make me more depressed. and i dont know how much i can take sometimes