WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Religious fanatics infiltrate pharmacies, undermine birth control.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
So how you like this bullshit!?!?
Many druggists across the country refuse to give out morning-after pills. Legislators weigh in.

By Amanda Paulson | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor
CHICAGO – The culture wars have already seeped into hospices, movie theaters, and the Super Bowl. Now, even the corner drugstore has become a battleground.

From rural Texas to Chicago, more instances are cropping up of pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions for oral contraceptives and the morning-after pill. As a result, politicians around the country are stepping into the fray.

It's a debate that weighs personal morals against professional responsibility. It pits religious rights against patients' rights and raises the question of just where pharmacists stand on the spectrum of health-care professionals.

Many pharmacists point to the "conscience-clause" exceptions that nearly every state has in place for doctors, allowing them to recuse themselves from performing abortions or other procedures they object to. They believe they should have similar protection.

blah, blah .... rest of the story hear: http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0408/p01s02-ussc.html?s=itm.
Is there anything else these bastards can do to piss me off?

Jarilith

Tenderony
Yes, its complete fucking bullshit, and Woody, honey there is NO limit to the shit they can do to piss you off.....best not to taunt them into thinking up any extra creative ways to do it; they seem to be doing a bang up job pissing ppl off as it is.

But, they are trying to make it so that if these squid dick piece of shit pharmacy guys refuse to fill the Rx for the morning after pill that they let their supervisor know in advance that they refuse so that arrangements can be made to get the girl her meds within the 72 hr. time frame by another pharmacist or another pharmacy. In a way, that is good that they are "trying to be accomodating" and on the other hand, it really pisses me off that these rat fuck douche bags are pulling this card to get their pussy ass little way and refusing to fill the Rx.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Here is the Pharma oath

At this time, I vow to devote my professional life to the service of all humankind through the profession of pharmacy.
I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of human suffering my primary concerns.
I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal drug therapy outcomes for the patients I serve.
I will keep abreast of developments and maintain professional competency in my profession of pharmacy.
I will embrace and advocate change in the professional of pharmacy that improves patient care.
I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.

I don't see anything in there about fucking with people's heads, and refusing to dispense Legal drugs... bastards...

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
In the medical field there are two sets of ethics. Your own personal ethics and your professional ethics. These dillweeds seem to have forgotten that their personal ethics do not have a place in their jobs. They need to do what is medicinally correct for their customers.

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
If a pharmacist will not provide it, that is their business. They are the ones that are losing money by not providing it, and surely there are other places to get it... The only problem is rural areas, where if there was only one pharmacy - what happens then??

Short answer is that there are many on-line pharmacies that can provide these medications, and they can be delivered to your door. In alot of cases, they are cheaper than their tangible counter-parts.

Why is no-one concerned about the fact that so many women are taking the pill?? Not for religious reasons, but for medical reasons...

Breast cancer rates are up for younger women, as is the instance of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Now, 1 in 3 women has PCOS, when it used to be 1 in 20...

perhaps these religious fanatics are helping??

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Religious fanatics should all die. Islamist, Jewish, Christian fanatics, fucking die already, then you'll go to your respective heavens (not really cause they don't exist) and then we can all live in sin without your fucking religious bitching.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Why is no-one concerned about the fact that so many women are taking the pill?? Not for religious reasons, but for medical reasons...

Breast cancer rates are up for younger women, as is the instance of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Now, 1 in 3 women has PCOS, when it used to be 1 in 20...

perhaps these religious fanatics are helping??
I guess it's matter of lesser of evils. Girls can expose themselves to hieghtened reproductive systems health problems, versus girls can expose themselves to pregnancy thereby brining yet another person into world that doesn't have for them.

Motion denied!

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
sorry saw this after i posted mine. mine has a different angle; legal not religious.
regardless, it pissed me off too. deserves double threads!!!! LOL

Woodreaux said:
Is there anything else these bastards can do to piss me off?
oohhh yea..

just wait till they stop selling condoms. then we'll be like china and have 30 people per square inch.

(fyi - for women who want birth control, go see a doctor about "IMS, irregular menstral syndrome" and say you're on the dot every 2 weeks. they'll prescribe an IMS regulator, aka birth control. - my sister)

magnolia

Postaholic
That's bullshit. What are they going to do next? Deny an asthmatic their inhaler? Take the pills away from a person with a heart condition? I know that's extreme, but for me it's the same thing as saying you won't fill my bc. I'm on it for medical reasons, not for the birth control. What business is it for a pharmacist to ask or deny you your pills if they know you're only doing it for bc? That's between your doctor and yourself. I don't think they should be the ones to make a life decision for me that I should be able to make for myself.

Jung

???
Premium
I don't think they should be the ones to make a life decision for me that I should be able to make for myself.
They shouldn't, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal for them to do so.

junglizm said:
They shouldn't, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal for them to do so.
Good, I hope those nuts get locked up and banned from being pharmacists. :thumbsup: