WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Rememberance Day

3,050
0
0
#1
Tomorrow is rememberance day, so please have a moment of silence for all those who have given their lives in war.
here in canada it happens on the 11 month, 11 day, 11 hour.
so at 11:00 remeber those who you lost during wars or those who are fighting now, canadian, american, i don't think it matters anymore. as long as we remember who died to protect us and keep our freedoms.
 

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
4,126
0
0
#2
Nymphchick said:
Tomorrow is rememberance day, so please have a moment of silence for all those who have given their lives in war.
here in canada it happens on the 11 month, 11 day, 11 hour.
so at 11:00 remeber those who you lost during wars or those who are fighting now, canadian, american, i don't think it matters anymore. as long as we remember who died to protect us and keep our freedoms.
it's the 11th hour 11th day 11th month in britain too, i think it's a (ex)commonwealth thing..

do you guys wear poppies in your lapels too?
 
3,050
0
0
#3
if i new what a lappel was, hehehe, anyhoo, yup we wear them, one the left side. do clothes still have lappels? like shirt collars right?
 

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
4,126
0
0
#4
Nymphchick said:
if i new what a lappel was, hehehe, anyhoo, yup we wear them, one the left side. do clothes still have lappels? like shirt collars right?
sorry, i thought that was a universal word.

it's the lower part of a jacket collar. LINK
 
214
0
0
#5
well, i have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

Chinese people doesnt even have a holiday for dead soldiers.

and we don't know what lapels are....

crazy, yeah?



I will remember your canadian troops for you.
 
11,055
399
382
#6
Remembrance day is the only holiday left that I actually respect.

I go to the ceremony every year. My grandpa managed to survive a german death camp.

I respect him and the other soldiers a lot.:)
 

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
9,652
1,302
387
#7
Lapels are the things that fold on suit jackets, above the buttons.

And the 11th hour of the 11th day of the eleven month is when the signing of the German surrender took place in 1918, marking the end to World War I, then known as "The Great War".
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,904
3,364
487
#8
BrIONwoshMunky said:
Lapels are the things that fold on suit jackets, above the buttons.

And the 11th hour of the 11th day of the eleven month is when the signing of the German surrender took place in 1918, marking the end to World War I, then known as "The Great War".
Coincidence?

....I think not!