WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Rep.: Bomb Mecca If U.S. Attacked

RockyMountainNews.com said:
Tancredo clarifies 'ultimate response'

Congressman says he's just thinking of threats to deter attack

By John Aguilar, Rocky Mountain News
July 18, 2005

U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo's office on Sunday tried to clarify remarks the congressman made on a radio show that the U.S. could threaten to "take out" Islamic holy sites if Muslim fundamentalists were to attack the country with nuclear weapons.

The Republican congressman made his remarks Friday during an interview with talk show host Pat Campbell on WFLA in Orlando, Fla.

Campbell asked Tancredo how the country should respond if terrorists were to strike several U.S. cities with nuclear weapons.

"Well, what if you said something like - if this happens in the United States, and we determine that it is the result of extremist, fundamentalist Muslims, you know, you could take out their holy sites," Tancredo answered.

"You're talking about bombing Mecca," Campbell said.

"Yeah," Tancredo responded.

The congressman went on to say that he was "just throwing out some ideas" but that an "ultimate threat" might have to be met with an "ultimate response."

Tancredo released a statement Sunday evening in which he said he was simply trying to figure out what the United States could use as a threat to deter future attacks.

"Among the many things we might do to prevent such an attack on America would be to lay out there as a possibility the destruction of these sites," he wrote.

"I do not advocate this. Much more thought would need to be given to the potential ramifications of such a horrific response," Tancredo wrote.

His spokesman, Will Adams, said the congressman is a "free thinker" who was grappling with a hypothetical situation.

"We have an enemy with no uniform, no state, who looks like you and me and only emerges right before an attack. How do we go after someone like that?" Adams said.

"What is near and dear to them? What is the pressure point that would deter them from their murderous impulses?" he said Sunday.

Tancredo, elected for the fourth time in November to represent the suburban and rural congressional district south of Denver, is no stranger to controversy. His outspoken calls for a crackdown on illegal immigration have alienated him from the White House.

Recently, Tancredo has been toying with the idea of running for president, visiting two states important in the early primary season: New Hampshire and Iowa.

Mohammad Noorzai, coordinator of the Colorado Muslim Council, brushed off Tancredo's remarks as rash and unrepresentative.

"Most people are decent in this country, and some people have radical views. It doesn't mean he speaks for the whole society, the whole country or the whole government," he said.

But Noorzai said that people in Tancredo's position need to be careful with what they say, especially when it comes to sacred religious sites and texts.

"Hopefully, this gentleman will learn from his mistake and come to a better understanding," he said.
That's a real good thing to say, now we'll most likely be attacked again. :thumbsdn:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
hey... they kill a kid.. we blow up a school... they blow up a building.. we flatten a city... eventually when america becomes the worst terrorist on the block... they'll stop...

OMGROFFLECOPTER

Banned - What an Asshat!
I could not have put it better myself, Darklight. Well, maybe just a little.

We should have flattened their holy sites, places of worship, and schools a long time ago. We're being entirely too easy on terrorists. As soon as one American was so much as HARMED, we should have destroyed their capitol as a WARNING SHOT. After that, total genocide. After 9/11, there should be no country in the world left standing that we suspect of siding with terorrists.

OMGROFFLECOPTER said:
I could not have put it better myself, Darklight. Well, maybe just a little.

We should have flattened their holy sites, places of worship, and schools a long time ago. We're being entirely too easy on terrorists. As soon as one American was so much as HARMED, we should have destroyed their capitol as a WARNING SHOT. After that, total genocide. After 9/11, there should be no country in the world left standing that we suspect of siding with terorrists.
Calm down Adolf, they're in the minority of the Muslim population.

OMGROFFLECOPTER

Banned - What an Asshat!
Your point? Eliminate the point of origin and harbor and eliminate the threat, if some Muslims die, eh, its a LOT better than Americans dying. You've gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet.

You forget that Middle eastern people aren't the only terrorists, like so many people do. What about the IRA? what about the german terrorists? What about america?

OMGROFFLECOPTER said:
Your point? Eliminate the point of origin and harbor and eliminate the threat, if some Muslims die, eh, its a LOT better than Americans dying. You've gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet.
America is the only contry ever condemned for terrorism by the world court. What makes an American better than a Syrian, for example???
Also, if you want to be bombed to shit by terrorists, the destruction of Mecca would be a great way to induce it.

Descent

Hella Constipated
My God that is fucked up, demented shit. Why are these people in control?

I tell you, even though I'm located in the middlemost town of Long Island (Dix Hills), it scares the shit out of me for a few hours after I hear this shit. I'm half an hour from NYC. And this is totally fucked up.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
i hope this isn't representative of what midwesterns in the USA advocate, unless islamic terrorists represent muslims in the same vein.

pity the fool.