WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Report: Video Shows Explosives Went Missing After War

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - ABC News on Thursday showed video that appeared to confirm that explosives that went missing in Iraq did not disappear until after the United States had taken control of the facility where they were stored.

AP Photo

The disappearance of the hundreds of tons of explosives from the Al Qaqaa storage facility has become a hotly contested issue in the U.S. presidential campaign.

Democrat John Kerry said it was an example of President Bush bungling the Iraq war. Bush countered that Kerry was making wild accusations without knowing the facts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone surprised?

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
i dont understand...are you implying that the U.S stole the weapons...or that we are to imcompetant to keep people from stealing their shit back?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
bigck3000 said:
i dont understand...are you implying that the U.S stole the weapons...or that we are to imcompetant to keep people from stealing their shit back?
I could have been more explict. The Bush Administraton has been trying to sell the idea that the weapons were moved, BEFORE we got there. Total back-peddling bullshit. Glad someone called them on it...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
sounds like they weren't jumping to conclusions... if this was left ungaurded and contained the amount of explosives (that are used for nukes BTW) that you said then this is a huge military mistake...

the troops have destroyed 400,000 pounds of munitions.. this apparent military blunder is less than 1 percent of that total

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
sounds like they weren't jumping to conclusions... if this was left ungaurded and contained the amount of explosives (that are used for nukes BTW) that you said then this is a huge military mistake...

the troops have destroyed 400,000 pounds of munitions.. this apparent military blunder is less than 1 percent of that total
I suggest you review your self-conflicting post. You said the explosives were enough to be used in nukes. You then followed that by saying that it's les than one percent of the total.

If in fact there was enough to make even one nuke; Wouldnt that be an extremely critical situation?

Please, spare us the right wing double talk.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Its hardly double talk... I didn't try to associate the amount of explosives with the ability to be used in nukes... just that that type of explosive is used for nukes...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
Its hardly double talk... I didn't try to associate the amount of explosives with the ability to be used in nukes... just that that type of explosive is used for nukes...
Just a bit of information. In the hands of so much as a college student with enough knowledge. Just about any High explosive substance, C-4 for instance; you can make a primitive Nucular device. More important than the explosive it's self is the shape of the compression wave it produces, and the synchronized detonation of the shaped charges to allow the fissionable material to go to critical mass.