WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Request for spoiler tags.

Jung

???
Premium
I was wondering if anyone else would use spoiler tags. I think they'd be pretty useful. If anyone's interested in what it's look like, here is an example.

The HTML/Javascript...
Code:
<span style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF';" onmouseout="this.style.color=this.style.backgroundColor='#000000'">&nbsp;{param}&nbsp;</span>

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I second this request. I've wanted to use them on WTF.com before, and had opportunities to use them.

:thumbsup:

Spoiler tags, please.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
:thumbsup:

most def.

javascript tag functionability would really help alot of people present ideas without having to link away from the site and it would also increase visual appeal of people's posts.

people could offer tutorials to others learning the language (or html for that manner) or users could view the source and learn by example...just a thought for any of you interested.

Jung

???
Premium
LiberatioN said:
javascript tag functionability
General js would be a bad idea, security wise. This is just HTML/js to be made into a custom vB tag. vBulletin has a script stripping parser anyway, so even if HTML was on, it'd separate java from script when it was posted [from the client side]. (java script instead of javascript) This would be server side; the forum would safely parse the script, but the user would only be effecting the {param} section of the code, not the entire script.

I haven't seen any real interest from anyone wanting to learn js, but if their is, I'll both help and offer some webspace.

Good deal, I like this idea. :thumbsup: Not real sure how many people would use it though.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Or one can try the following for now. Change the font color to the same as the background color, then you need to highlight the text to see it. Lets see if it works...

spoiler below, highlight to see

white text masking as spoiler... you're likely to get a headache trying to read this without highlighting...

Hrm. Doesn't work as well with the slight gray background.... Bummer.

spoiler below, move mouse over it to see

this is the information no one should be seeing unless they want to!

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
all i see is a small black strip...do i click something. is my computer an idiot?

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Zickddot said:
all i see is a small black strip...do i click something. is my computer an idiot?
Same here.

Jung

???
Premium
Zickddot said:
When you move your mouse over it, the text turns white.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Spoiler tag enabled. The tag name is "spoiler". Use it like any other tag. Thanks for the contribution!

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
BTW: to be really pedantic, I added color: rgb(0, 0, 0); into the style, since I'm not sure if it's safe to assume that already.

Code:
<span style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF';" onmouseout="this.style.color=this.style.backgroundColor='#000000' ">&nbsp;{param}&nbsp;</span>

Jung

???
Premium
BRiT said:
BTW: to be really pedantic, I added color: rgb(0, 0, 0); into the style, since I'm not sure if it's safe to assume that already.
It was originally written like that, and is on my example page. vB 2 had a problem with it being to long though, so I removed it instead of working around it. It's worked fine for us though, but good catch. I'm fairly sure it's safe to assume it though, although maybe not semantically. :)

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The mouse-over is a nice touch. Thanks, BRiT and Junglizm. :thumbsup:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
We should use this in the Tavern. The girls will never figure it out!

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
^^^ :lol:

A new feature, and I didn't even have to do it! Go BRiT, it's yo birfday!