WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Researching: Hollow Earth

Do you believe that the Earth may be hollow?

• Total voters

Transcendas One

Fresh Meat
Hello All,
Before you decide I'm a nutcase, because of the thread name, hear me out.
I'm a writer, researcher with blogs on 3 sites, 2 pages on FB, and over a decade of researching for the truth. I recently started diving into this theory (realizing much of anything in life is but a theory) and I come across so much info on the net, but nothing of substantial evidence, as in, firm, solid proof for the existance... Just "claims" and heresay and obscure stories...
What I'm getting at is, if this "theory" is such a big deal that governments try to cover it up, then where is the hard evidence? I'm neither a conspiracy theorist, nor a debunker. I just want the truth.
From a scientific view, my stance is this: The HET makes sense if gravity is the force toward the Earth from above and centrifugal force from the spin of the Earth pushes back from the inside.
Example: When I stir my morning coffee it makes a hole in the center, much like a hurricane. The cup would act as the gravity keeping the liquid from flying outward. Makes Sense to me!!!
So, if it makes sense, and the governments are obviously hiding something, then why have I only gone round in circles?
There were several planned expeditions where the leader disappeared, died, or backed out... Obscure!
A diary supposedly written by a high ranking Navy official (Byrd)
Obscure!
Artifacts lost by the Smithsonian
Obscure!
I can go on and on...
Is there anyone here who has something I haven't already read, seen heard? Looking for hard evidence that cannot be written off!
Thanks for reading!

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
There's surely someone more versed than me in physics that would explicate (@BrIONwoshMunky thx) you how the "hole in the center" is generated by your spoon and not by centrifugal forces themselves.
While I can't be sure if Earth is really hollow or not, like I can't deny the existence of extraterrestrial life forms, I would not scream in the streets about conspiracy on this subject.

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
Seeing as nothing has penetrated past a certain depth of the earth, there is no way to certainly say it is or isn't. Anything that isn't a certainty is maybe.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Transcendas One

Sark

Hail Eris! Fnord
By studying the makeup of meteorites, and also by carefully measuring seismic waves at many points around the globe simultaneously. Empty space wouldn't conduct seismic waves the same way that molten rock and iron does. That's pretty much the short version, which you probably already know. I came across HET years ago when i was doing my traveling hippie routine, and found it rather intriguing(sacred geometry, crystals, indigo children, meditation, chanting mantras, and hollow earth theory, and much more). The part that struck me was the ~300mi holes in the north and south poles, granting access to any aircraft or boat into the interior. There were stories (made up, probably) of ancient viking vessels stumbling into the inside and meeting the 'enlightened giants' . . . Sure, i want to believe that members of our species went underground 100,000 years ago after the fall of Lemuria and became enlightened and found the interior of the planet to be this amazing climate, but honestly? I couldn't find enough hard evidence of it, so i tossed the whole thing out and moved on with my life. I still meditate, but not in the 'indigo children' kind of way, with crystals and mental imagery of a desired outcome or fictitious deity, rather more so in the zazen way that the zen monks do, which is literally just focusing on your breath and posture, and releasing attachment to thoughts that drift through your mind.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
researcher with blogs on 3 sites, 2 pages on FB, and over a decade of researching for the truth
aaaaand any shred of credibility goes out the window.

Also, new site rule. When speaking in terms of science, no using the word theory, when referring to hypothesis.

Seeing as nothing has penetrated past a certain depth of the earth, there is no way to certainly say it is or isn't. Anything that isn't a certainty is maybe.
The difference is there is demonstratable evidence by means of repeatable experiments that supports the theory that the Earth's core is solid and comprised of a heavier element like iron. IRONically, these same experiments, not just the lack of hollow earth evidence; would be enough to seal the fate of hollow Earth hypothesis.

Transcendas One

Fresh Meat
I HYPOTHESIZE that 80% of the people who commented are Brain-dead. That doesn't stop any of them from spouting how smart they are, now does it... Staff? I came here with a real question on real research. I don't need your pity party, low frequency, cry me a river bs. #1. Theory and Hypothesis are synonyms, but either of those three words are probably too large for someone so obtuse. Erase, block, delete me. I will always find like-minded people who have an opinion that has nothing to do with spreading their own self-indulgence and negativity. I may be "new" here, but so what? You come at me like I am a wheelchair-bound retard in a psych ward setting and talk amonst yourselves about, "its ok, she's the nutty one" Keep it up! Your lack of thinking for yourselves shines through. Its awesomely funny to me to see just how idiotic people who are allowed to use the internet really are.

• 1Smite
  • 1Aww
Reactions: MaxPower and Sark

Haresy

Misanthropic Blender
Premium
Erase, block, delete me.
Keep flaming outside of the appropriate forum, and that could happen.

A half-dozen posts in, and you're writing off everyone on this site as "brain-dead." Perhaps you could do a better job of presenting your arguments? Post research that backs up your side? Start an actual debate on the subject, rather than hurling insults?

• 1Helpful
  • 1Like
Reactions: MaxPower and Sark

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
Ok then, you're right: the earth is hollow. I'm sorry if we've been assholes to you.

Can I ask you a question? What about if people has different opinions than yours? Oh yes everyone but you is brain-dead because you said it. Well, seems legit.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Sark

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
This queers the pitch on the square and stationary earth theory...

The part that struck me was the ~300mi holes in the north and south poles, granting access to any aircraft or boat into the interior. There were stories (made up, probably) of ancient viking vessels stumbling into the inside and meeting the 'enlightened giants' . . ..
but there is no south pole and Antarctica is a gigantic ice-wall extending the circumference of the Earth like the world cup stadium

I just want the truth.
MEDIA NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Sark

Hail Eris! Fnord
I remembered another thingy. Part of HET is the idea that the center of gravity is ~400 miles under the surface, and another ~400 miles down (which is now up) would put you on the interior surface. This reminds me of Dante's journey to the center of the planet where Lucifer is trapped. Dante has to climb down the devil's furry body, and at one point he reaches the center, and down becomes up. Now, Dante's placement would be correct, as the very center of the Earth; HET puts this sort of film or layer of gravity in place, which flagrantly violates our current understanding of how gravity works. Again, i love the idea of nicer climates and enlightened beings who could help our species not derp itself to death--that part of me wants to meet Adama and wants to see the cities of Telos and Shambhala, wants to browse all of history in the Library of Porthologos, but viewed through the lens of science, the case for hollow earth is not looking good.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I HYPOTHESIZE that 80% of the people who commented are Brain-dead. That doesn't stop any of them from spouting how smart they are, now does it... Staff? I came here with a real question on real research. I don't need your pity party, low frequency, cry me a river bs. #1. Theory and Hypothesis are synonyms, but either of those three words are probably too large for someone so obtuse. Erase, block, delete me. I will always find like-minded people who have an opinion that has nothing to do with spreading their own self-indulgence and negativity. I may be "new" here, but so what? You come at me like I am a wheelchair-bound retard in a psych ward setting and talk amonst yourselves about, "its ok, she's the nutty one" Keep it up! Your lack of thinking for yourselves shines through. Its awesomely funny to me to see just how idiotic people who are allowed to use the internet really are.
Theory and hypothesis are NOT synonymous. This from someone who claims to be a researcher (with two Facebook pages)?

A hypothesis is a supposition based on limited evidence or observation that leads one to investigate a phenomenon more closely.
A hypothesis becomes theory when you can demonstrate evidence based on repetitive testing, experiments, etc.. using reliable scientific processes.

So a hypothesis would be observing that when you stir coffee it pulls away from the center and forms a whirlpool creating a void. therefore the spinning earth must be hollow.
But to tryand make that theory, you would need to apply either phyical or thought (mathmatical) experiments to scale the phenomenon up to see what would happen when you get to the mass of the earth, and you're dealing with primarily solids, rather than liquids.
You would use math to scale up the size of the "cup" and the speed of the stirring or rotation in proportion to the size of the cup. Though if you do this, you'll find that the stirring motion would be much faster than the roughly 1000 mph rotational speed of the earth. ;)

But why am I explaining this process to a "researcher"? You already know all you need is a blog.