WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss Retards

dbmott

That's not guacamole!!!
What is your position on mentally chanllenged children. I mean come on, what are they going to contribute to the world?

morelos

lexicon incognito
dbmott said:
What is your position on mentally chanllenged children. I mean come on, what are they going to contribute to the word?
they're only going to contribute pointless questions about their kind to online messaging forums, trying to imply they aren't so retarded.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
How does one have a "position" on something like this? I mean, what are the options; you can be against being mentally handicapped? Hell, I didn't even realize that there was an issue.

dbmott

That's not guacamole!!!
Well its like a 10% chance that you'll be messed up when your born...

Pachyderm

I really did.
I guess they can contribute to further studies and believe it or not, companionship. To parents, siblings, lovers. It just depends how severe the retardation is. I have some cousins that have some autistic tendancies like not speaking until they are five, but they are very intelligent. They have a minor autism but...autism is autism.

okay you ppl...need help...the mentally challenged ppl have no choice... they are born in a certain way so If you are gonna make fun of them... oh godd I am not gonna waste my time on this issue... this is stupid and pointless...if this were in B&T I would be flaming your ass for this because I think it is morally wrong... just as I do the same about GBL's! so w.e I am out..

tzedek

Original Member
Skorch said:
How does one have a "position" on something like this? I mean, what are the options; you can be against being mentally handicapped? Hell, I didn't even realize that there was an issue.
exactly.

I feel the same about other people's mentally challenged(mc) kids as I do about other people's non-mc kids. They're not my kids. I don't want to support them.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
dbmott said:
What is your position on mentally chanllenged children. I mean come on, what are they going to contribute to the word?

If we were in B&T I'd really have my way with you.

I don't know what they're going to contribute to the "Word" as you put it? But I do know that they can depending on sererity, work in every day jobs the same as non-mentally challenged.

Let me ask you this. What if they are unable to contribute? What then? What do you propose?

morelos

lexicon incognito
maxpower said:
I don't know what they're going to contribute to the "Word" as you put it?
response number 1: you'd have to be mentally challenged to support a religion. :p

response number 2:
maxpower said:
But I do know that they can depending on sererity, work in every day jobs the same as non-mentally challenged.
how serere is your mental handicap, max? hypocrisy abounds...

~ dan ~

magnolia

Postaholic
I'm good friends with all the mentally challenged in my school, except for one. He really bugs me. They're some of the nicest ppl you'll ever meet and If I ever find someone against them, I will personally beat the shit out of them and leave them for dead in a swamp somewhere.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
morelos said:
they're only going to contribute pointless questions about their kind to online messaging forums, trying to imply they aren't so retarded.
Retards are fine, unless they look like this:

If they do, they should be added to the pile o'heads in Iraq...

tharuz

Bringer of Order
being against mentally retarded people is the worst prejudice anyone can have, you`re not angry enough, you make me sick

some mentally challanged kids don`t feel like being reminded they`re retarded by an idiot(see how similar it is?)

a personwhohas mental retardation in a very lowleveland has grown up and been treated with medication and psycologists can lead a normal life

tharuz said:
a personwhohas mental retardation in a very lowleveland has grown up and been treated with medication and psycologists can lead a normal life
my brother, for example...

tharuz said:
WHAT?

you mean russian soldier...?
wtf are you talking about?

i said my brother, i meant my brother... he has lowlevel cerebral palsey... he's on medication, and so can live a normal life

tharuz

Bringer of Order
nevermind, i knew a guy who was australian and had aspengers syndrome in the internet by that name

he was smart, posted a lot better than some fuckwits

tharuz said:
nevermind, i knew a guy who was australian and had aspengers syndrome in the internet by that name

he was smart, posted a lot better than some fuckwits
a hockey message board i joined had a guy like that... his user name was threetimesoneminusone... always called him 2 :p

he was depressed, but still one of the better posters on that site. I don't go there anymore, though...

blitzen9090

The Moron...who complains
well...

retarted people have a right to be there, but they have shorter lives....so wouldnt it make sense to not educate them if it does no good? the problem is the people around them are living thier lives for them, they cant serve a usefull purpose and cant be educated, but if thier parents want them there, they can be there