WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines "Revenge will be mine"

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
A story from New York's Newsday, outlines Bush's plan to tamper with federal deductions for state and local taxes. I don't know about anyone else, but on Long Island we have some of the highest taxes, and cost of living in the nation. A house here that would average anywhere else for $150,000 is an easy $300 K to $400 K. Many of us already pay upward of $10,000 + for property taxes alone.

Anyone here from NY and Cali, may want to read this article. Everyone else, may want to consider if your state is next.

What do you al think about this?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
You gotta love tax reform. What ever that means....
I don't know what you're worried about,you stay at the YMCA.
If you geht tired of the taxes there,you could always move to Arkansux. We've got a bunch of broke mo'fuggers down here. Look at the bright side Max,FOUR MORE YEARS!! YEA!!

Fuck...

gehtfuct said:
You gotta love tax reform. What ever that means....
I don't know what you're worried about,you stay at the YMCA.
If you geht tired of the taxes there,you could always move to Arkansux. We've got a bunch of broke mo'fuggers down here. Look at the bright side Max,FOUR MORE YEARS!! YEA!!

Fuck...

Perhaps relocation is at hand right now...?

Of course if everybody brings their high society asses, to where us broke fuckers are, then we'll geht stuck with a higher bill.

Just stay where you are. Unless if you have cookies to offer.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Buying a house in South Florida is crazy these days. Prices are insane and taxes are no better. I am moving to Cuba as soon as that fucking asshole dies. (Let's hope it is soon)

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
ChilianFuckFace said:
Buying a house in South Florida is crazy these days. Prices are insane and taxes are no better. I am moving to Cuba as soon as that fucking asshole dies. (Let's hope it is soon)

Looks around at her little state and smiles.

http://rc.lendingtree.com/axx/applications/mls/asp/homeview.asp?eh=6&homeid=755227

http://rc.lendingtree.com/axx/applications/mls/asp/homeview.asp?eh=6&homeid=4309551
Lovely in rapid city.

$88,000 3 bedroom 2 baths with an acre of land. Not bad.

Awwww, it may not be the cream of the crop. But buying a house for around 30,000 - 50,000

And having very nice big homes for $88,000. Think i am pretty happy here.

:)

Look at that yard. Wide open spaces and this is in our biggest city. ;)

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
HavokChylde said:
Perhaps relocation is at hand right now...?

Of course if everybody brings their high society asses, to where us broke fuckers are, then we'll geht stuck with a higher bill.
Then look on the bright side. If we did move there; we'll need, Cooks, gardeners, and housekeepers.

POW! (Max Blows the smoke off an imaginary pistol barrel)

But seriously. We're not all rich here. We have poor, mid class, rich, and outlandishly wealthy. The economy of Long Island is pushing more and more middle class, young people out. This is just going to make it worse. Even if you can afford to live here, all your money goes to living, and less for retirement. I certainly don't want to be living on Social Security when I'm old. That is assuming it's still there.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
stuff, etc...

Awwww, it may not be the cream of the crop. But buying a house for around 30,000 - 50,000

And having very nice big homes for $88,000. Think i am pretty happy here.

:)

Look at that yard. Wide open spaces and this is in our biggest city. ;)
That's insanely cheap. :( We paid more than that for my house, and we have about a 1/4 of an acre. I like living right out side the city though; I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. :thumbsup:

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
The above house that I was looking at.

the monthly payments for 30 years would be $425

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
junglizm said:
That's insanely cheap. :( We paid more than that for my house, and we have about a 1/4 of an acre. I like living right out side the city though; I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. :thumbsup:

I hear that. I paid way more for something half that size. Also because I live in a nice south shore beach area. But still WTF?

My better halfs parents, built a 4 BR 3 bath house on 14 acres for $188K. They have the whole top of a mountain.

Trouble is, Where I live is where all the action is. I have an international, a few domestic, and many reigional airports to choose from If I need to take a flight. I'm close to manhattan. I can take a ferry to New England. As far as my job is concerned. It's a great place to be.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
MaxPower said:
I hear that. I paid way more for something half that size. Also because I live in a nice south shore beach area. But still WTF?

My better halfs parents, built a 4 BR 3 bath house on 14 acres for $188K. They have the whole top of a mountain.

Trouble is, Where I live is where all the action is. I have an international, a few domestic, and many reigional airports to choose from If I need to take a flight. I'm close to manhattan. I can take a ferry to New England. As far as my job is concerned. It's a great place to be.
Thats the price you pay max. All things for a price...

South Dakota not where I want to live forever. I have no intrest in ever buying a house here or anything...

Sigh, just me though...

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
damn kit! thats really friggin cheap!! it seems like a hell of a deal...so what's the catch woman? lol no good paying jobs in the area? what?

hc is 2ff "high society asses..." tee, hee, hee
no Long Island is a mixture (WAS) of all economic levels but soon all that will left are those who can afford to pay (the very wealthy) and those who cannot afford to leave (the very poor).

about the article: Schumer for Gov.? sounds like it to me, no? isn't Pataki term limited in 2006 or something like that? George W intends to NOT INCREASE the deficit (rather than DECREASE it). UGH we're moving in the wrong direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again.

:mad:

Jung

???
Premium
MaxPower said:
I live pretty much on the lake; we're only a block away, actually. I live with in 10 minutes of the airport, even in traffic and no more than 20 minutes from both up and downtown. I'm also only a 15 minute drive from my office. My girlfriend's job isn't very far either, she works at the hospital nearest to us. Can't get much better than that, in my opinion.
_Kitana_ said:
Thats the price you pay max. All things for a price...
Yeah, it sucks, but such is life. I would never want to live in the country, so I'm happy where I'm at. If it comes with a higher price tag, then so be it.

Cost of living here isn't that bad and we both have good jobs, so we're comfortable.

_Kitana_ said:
South Dakota not where I want to live forever. I have no intrest in ever buying a house here or anything...
See I want to move somewhere too, but not just yet. I grew up here, and even though I've lived many places in the past few years, this is where I grew up; this just feels like home. We thought about moving to Denver or LA before we bought our house, but decided against it, at least until our daughter get a little older.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
gurlgonewild said:
damn kit! thats really friggin cheap!! it seems like a hell of a deal...so what's the catch woman? lol no good paying jobs in the area? what?

hc is 2ff "high society asses..." tee, hee, hee
no Long Island is a mixture (WAS) of all economic levels but soon all that will left are those who can afford to pay (the very wealthy) and those who cannot afford to leave (the very poor).

about the article: Schumer for Gov.? sounds like it to me, no? isn't Pataki term limited in 2006 or something like that? George W intends to NOT INCREASE the deficit (rather than DECREASE it). UGH we're moving in the wrong direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again.

:mad:
The cost of living is so much cheaper, cause basically we have the land and space. So yeah there are high paying jobs here and stuff all over. So there really isn't to much of a catch.

Low crime rate, no poplution. I mean we don't have to have our vechical tested or nothing.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I live on Long Island too...It's VERY expensive, but I would never want to live anywhere else, besides Toronto. Wooo! GO CANADA!

NYC is the place to be! The city that never sleeps...

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
MaxPower said:
I live in a nice south shore beach area.
Anywhere near Farmingdale, per chance?

In F'dale, you cannot buy a house for under $500K. You won't find it. My dad's friend recently bought a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom huge fuckin house in a very rich part of North Carolina for $600K. Without a doubt, a house similar to that would cost over $2 million here on the island.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My family rents a Three bedroom, 2 1/2 bath house. If our landlord so chose, he could easily sell it for $600-$700K with real-estate the way it is right now. New houses don't go for any less than half a million dollars, without exception. Rent in the new apartments is $800 per month at the least. We're a very rich suburb (people out here are either in the contruction or the movie business, mostly), and people will pay it.

Fuck that. I'm either moving back to L.A. or maybe Santa Cruz, when I move out.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
tbsrk said:
Anywhere near Farmingdale, per chance?

In F'dale, you cannot buy a house for under $500K. You won't find it. My dad's friend recently bought a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom huge fuckin house in a very rich part of North Carolina for $600K. Without a doubt, a house similar to that would cost over $2 million here on the island.
No, I live out east. But I work near farmingdale. 500K is common for long island.
The operations manager at my job moved to south carolina. He sold his 30 year old house here for $580k, and bought a much bigger, brand new house in SC, for $170k.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
HA! i didn't know tbsrk, icarus and others were fellow natives!!!!! COOL
where are you guys from? i'm from Suffolk, in the area of Miller Place, Rocky Point, or Sound Beach, sound familiar?

~nice to meet yah~

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
gurlgonewild said:
HA! i didn't know tbsrk, icarus and others were fellow natives!!!!! COOL
where are you guys from? i'm from Suffolk, in the area of Miller Place, Rocky Point, or Sound Beach, sound familiar?

~nice to meet yah~
Tax us all you want. One thing they can't strip from us long islanders; Rocky Point St. Patties day parade. :thumbsup: (Max Raises a pint and declares: "Bring it on")