WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Reviews on Newegg.com products.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I've seen people on WTF.com recommend newegg.com, which I myself use quite regularlly. But when you do use Newegg, remember:

"Making buying decisions based solely on these reviews is not recommended."

That's the quote in the yellow strip, right after the reviews. When the "More info." link is cliked, this message follows.

Newegg.com said:
Newegg.com is not a forum for product reviews. For product reviews, we recommend sites such as www.cnet.com, www.anandtech.com, and www.tomshardware.com. Newegg.com is a private site that conducts the business of selling computer hardware and as such, any specifications and information posted by Newegg.com regarding products for sale must be factual. However, customer comments in regards to their experience with said products are the opinions of the user. The customer opinion reviews are used at the discretion of Newegg.com as a marketing device for positive and constructive ways to share the benefit of the product. It is not used as a source for negative commentary as we cannot endorse the validity of any negative comment. Therefore, the Newegg.com site is moderated to remove any unproven biased negative comments. It is not the intention of Newegg.com to mislead any customer and therefore
all purchase decisions should not be solely based on the customer review.

Jung

???
Premium
Hmm, I know I've read negative reviews there before. I think they're just removing the "OMG this PSU/mobo/crack pipe/piece of cheese is a fucking piece of shit. I installed it and it blew up my house, and raped my cat. OMG WTF!!!1" reviews.

I could be wrong though.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
That very well could be. I have seen "something malfunctioned, and was replaced, and the overall buying experience wasn't tarnished... blah blah blah..." reviews before. I don't know, however, that I've seen any that flat out say "This isn't a good product." though.

tzedek

Original Member
junglizm said:
Hmm, I know I've read negative reviews there before. I think they're just removing the "OMG this PSU/mobo/crack pipe/piece of cheese is a fucking piece of shit. I installed it and it blew up my house, and raped my cat. OMG WTF!!!1" reviews.

I could be wrong though.

correct.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
tzedek said:

Damn you tze for agreeing with Jung... :p

Actually though, I was just posting that to let others be aware that if a certain product has nothing but good reviews, that could be the reason. It was just a "Be Wary" post... sorry.