WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Revolution

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
ok, i'm sure people have thought of this before, but if lets say the whole state of florida decides to secede from the U.S, and the army came in and put down the revolution. wouldnt it be contradictory to everything this country was founded on (breaking away from a govt that doesnt have your best interests in mind). i want to hear some opposing views so i can understand this better

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
bigck3000 said:
ok, i'm sure people have thought of this before, but if lets say the whole state of florida decides to secede from the U.S, and the army came in and put down the revolution. wouldnt it be contradictory to everything this country was founded on (breaking away from a govt that doesnt have your best interests in mind). i want to hear some opposing views so i can understand this better
I think we should divide the country up, like in shadowrun. then the N west would be able to have our own country, as it should be, so they will stop throwing out votes down by the supreme court (like, legalize maruijuanna, euthenasia, and gay marriages.)

so, im all for it biggie.

:thumbsup:

Zennousha

Master of Malaise
they wouldnt allow it

yeah right knowing the government in this day and age if a state tried to revolt they would just throw a "terrorist attack" into their lives and when the people are in dire need of help and suppert from the toxic chemicals or nuclear waste thats laying around the government will be their knight in shining armor. :cool:

morelos

lexicon incognito
the last time any state decided to secede, it was ruled "illegal" on no grounds and a war began.

of course, that was only because the north knew it couldn't survive without the economic and agricultural benefits the south brought.

now, because of precedent, it's automatically considered illegal.

i know california alone would have the 6th strongest economy in the world if we seceded. of course, it would not be legal and there would be threats of attacks and all other business, but hey...

i drew a really good US map of how -i- would like to see it change. just call up the south and tell them we changed our minds.

~ dan ~

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
bigck3000 said:
Florida is a cesspool, fine with me if they want to go.

The U.S. was simply a territory, not actually part of England, although they begged to differ. It would be another story if the state FLA decided they wanted out. It is a matter of establishment.

Zennousha

Master of Malaise
voiceofreason said:
Florida is a cesspool, fine with me if they want to go.

The U.S. was simply a territory, not actually part of England, although they begged to differ. It would be another story if the state FLA decided they wanted out. It is a matter of establishment.
i agree florida is a rotting pool of bile.... heck if they left the US to be on their own we would just have to seize their shipments of jerital and then in like a year they all die off.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
you can all come to gates of disneyland and lick mickey mouse's balls.