WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Right To Die?

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
Do you or any other person have a right to choose when you die?

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
according to american, no!

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
The right to die? You're dying every day. You were born to do it.

I'm proud of you Newb. Having grown up thoughts,and all.
Though,it is a touchy subject,all the rules may not apply knowing that we live on different sides of the world. (some,on different planets) Here,in the U.S.A.,suicide is looked upon as a crime and is punishable by death.... :D

The only way it is accepted,is if you work for the Government. They choose death for you. The other way is to will it. As in a D.N.R. = Do Not Resuscitate.

Dying is the fad of the future. All the cool kids are doing it.
Geht with the future,or geht left behind.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
icka said:
It actually depends on the state you live in, Oregon allows doctor aided suicide is that what you want to call it; If you are talking about the terminally Ill choosing they had enough.

To say I am done for because you or a bum and you don't want to work or help society it should be mandated.

Living/Dying

I think that a person who is capable of making decisions for themselves based on a sound state of mind - should choose whether they should die or not. Failing the sound state of mind - the closest relative/next of kin should decide (upon which I'm very sure someone would disagree in the family!).

Hospitals should make the final decision if the person has not next of kin or decision maker to honour - I mean this may sound cruel but if a person is sufferering beyond medical science's abilities to repair whatever damage is done - then frankly they should die.

Alot of people make decisions about their funeral - but why can't a person make a decision about their death in such circumstance - if that person has written down that they are DNR cases - then that should be respected.

I know that if I were in severe agony with no immediate medical surgery available at the time - I'm sure I'd rather die than keep someone elses hopes up on a false pretense.

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
gehtfuct said:
Here,in the U.S.A.,suicide is looked upon as a crime and is punishable by death.... :D
Wait... I'm confused. You're saying if you fail at an attempt at suicide, you'll be sentenced to death? Or you're saying that if you commit suicide, you'll be sentenced to death?
Either way, I'm still confused.

2233boys

Yes you are!
icka said:
???

Lets for get that you said "according to American" Whatever that means.

If you have a living will you can be taken off life support, and even if you don't your husband or wife can take you off, See Terry S....

Assisted Suicide has been done and not prosecuted until Dr. Death touched the machine to cause the death.

You can kill yourself anytime you want, if you succeed you are dead, if you don't you won't be arrested.

umm yeah if i jump out a window i think it was my right, free will or something right?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
MrNewbie said:
Wait... I'm confused. You're saying if you fail at an attempt at suicide, you'll be sentenced to death? Or you're saying that if you commit suicide, you'll be sentenced to death?
Either way, I'm still confused.
Duh...it was a joke.
I can't beLIEve you've got 47k reps.

Goober.