WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Riots i Paris

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
I am amazed that there is no topic on this yet. So, I will start one.

It all started 25th of October. Interior minister Nicolas Sarkozy is pelted with bottles and stones whilst visiting a Paris suburb.
He states that "the crime-ridden neighbourghoods should be cleaned with a power-hose", an describes violent tenents as "gangrene" and "rabble".

Two days after, two teenagers run from the police and have an ever-so-cever idea of clombing to a electrical sub-station. They get electrocuted.
The riots begin.

After that the interior minister sets a "zero-tolerance" of rioting and sends police infcements to the area. A gas-grenade, like the ones used by the police explodes in a mosque provoking more anger.

7.11 riots get their first kill, as Le Chedanec dies because of injuries received in an assault before.

The crime wave gets bigger and more cars are burnt and property damaged every night. 6.11 over 1500 cars are destroyed. 8..11 1173 cars are burnt.

Now the riots have dimished a little, into a third, but they have also provoked riots in Germany and Belgium.

Experts say this is the cause of unemployment and homelessness. Psychology-wise it is correct. Maslows "hierarchy of needs" explains that mans basic needs must be fulfilled (such as home, food, security) or else there will be violence and such.

R

RedOctober

Well..

It's a Suburbia problem.

France is a technocratic centralized society, and that's why the cities are big, that's where there are jobs. People live in suburbs, with not much else than very big appartment blocks that are quite depressing in my eyes.

The more wealthy French have a flat in the city, and second house in the countryside, so they don't give a damn about the suburbs.

The non French youth is often inspired by American rapper videoclips.
They also behave like streetgangs.

So you have a racial problem on your doorstep, because the police and the military are right wing in general, and like to kick the butts of North African immigrants. That's why it escalated.

Contrary to the common American jokes about Frenchmen being frogs and sissies, it really is better for your health as an American never to seek an arguement with a French cop. Believe me, they are far more worse than the worst American Bad Ass Copper.

So, I think the forces of the law did let it escalate with a (hidden) political purpose. They want to have a pretext to throw a bunch of muslims out of the country.

And forget your old ideas about European social democrats.
They are the same assholes as American republicans!

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Human beings are by nature violent little monkeys in suits. Piss them off enough, even if they don't realize THEY are the problem themselves, and they'll riot. Nothing new here. I'm surprised it's lasted so long though.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
I too am surprised that this has not happened before.
I think that this is just the tip of the ice-berg and that there will be riots soon in other countries. They are just leading the way.

I think the reason why people think frech as kind and "froggy" or sissy is because of the language. It is hard to imagine someone being truly pissed off and shouting in french. Beautiful language it still is.

R

RedOctober

RetArt said:
I think the reason why people think french as kind and "froggy" or sissy is because of the language. It is hard to imagine someone being truly pissed off and shouting in french. Beautiful language it still is.
No, it has a historical background in the USA. It dates back from political propaganda in the 19th century.
But I will try to find a link.

coffeebeans

A Coffee Bean
I found a clip on a site somewhere, it might have just been a mock-out. Anyway it shows some people rioting, all of a sudden some kid comes up and smacks another person across the head with a baggette. LOL priceless I'm gonna try and find it.

R

RedOctober

Well, I found some points in history that put the relationship between France and the USA in a refrigerator..

1792 : the French new-born Republic, attacked by all the European kings, seeked help from the USA that France had helped so much a few years before, in vain (the USA had a secret agreement with England)

1831 : the USA demand (and obtain) a compensation of Francs 25 m for the economic consequences of the European blocade by Napoleon

1860s : France openly supports the Confederates in the Civil War
1792 French felt this as an American backstabbing.

1860 This was because the British tried to ruin the cottonproduction in the South of the US. That's why the British were SUDDENLY against slavery.
They had to protect their own industry, and so the French tried to undermine that policy.

OylE

Man. Nature. Technology.
Who cares?

It;'s about fucking France! Give me a break! No one CARES about it! Sheesh!
:rolleyes:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
OylE said:
How about shut the fuck up instead of shitting a issues thread?

On topic, I think there's a problem of social integration with immigrants in Europe, in France in particular, unemployment rates in suburbian "ghettos" reach 40%. Immigrants who get diplomas often still can't find a job. It's a hard life for them.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
I still don't get why the fuck they started rioting. I mean, come on, the kids were the ones who fucked up. They ran and electrocuted themselves, so everyone goes crazy? There's gotta be more to it than that.

This is just a generation of supressed people. Their grandparents came to France to work. Provide a future for their children. Now they are being oppressed, there are no jobs for them. This is there way of letting the world know it can't go on anymore.

And it is a excellent oppurtunity to commit crimes under the cloak of chaos. Weapon and drugs are flowing onto the black market. Those kids are organized like an army.

Some troublemakers wanted to spread the rioting to other nations. But they aren't getting the support they need there. Thank god for that.

But it's an opportunity for Front National to push their little agenda.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
OylE said:
no one?

my french friends?
my french ancestors?

have some rep.. :)

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
so just let the police put on german helmets and they'll give up...

no thats evil...

but seriously.. I dont think too many people really care about france... just a country thats never been my concern...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Darklight said:
but seriously.. I dont think too many people really care about france... just a country thats never been my concern...
if you're american and you follow what the media want you to think. :thumbsdn:

RageAgainst said:
How about shut the fuck up instead of shitting a issues thread?

On topic, I think there's a problem of social integration with immigrants in Europe, in France in particular, unemployment rates in suburbian "ghettos" reach 40%. Immigrants who get diplomas often still can't find a job. It's a hard life for them.

Couldn't agree with you more, I used to live in france and what you say reflects exactly what the probleme is.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
This is a prime example of the effects on France of so many Military Def-RRRRRRRRRR CARRIER LOST.