WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

RIP SuprNova 2002-2004

Jung

???
Premium
OMG, where da warez at?!
jstager said:
How sad...
Learn to use IRC and Usenet, problem solved. ;)
Smoke said:
I don't get it.
SN was one of the largest (and most watched) torrent sites on the net.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm not sad because of the piracy issues, I'm sad because it was an Internet landmark. It's kind of like those "Closeout Video" stores in Times Square that sell bootleg Genesis games for $5, except you could get them for free on SuprNova.

tzedek

Original Member
this isnt the first time that sn has been down... i wouldnt worry about it

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
NOOOOOO....i wonder if i can finish one of my downloads, i should b/c its bit torrent right?

Jung

???
Premium
Suprnova raised the profile of Bit Torrent, and for that I hate it! Recently, the general populace hasn't even been higher up the ladder than Kazaa users.

Seriously, I'm glad it's gone. Anytime a file sharing network gets too high-profile it gets overrun by idiots, exposed to the popular media, overrun by even bigger idiots, sued out of existence and promptly replaced before anyone with any sense even notices an interruption.

Hopefully now the fuss over Bit Torrent will calm a bit, but sadly I doubt it. I'm glad it's gone though and I hope it stays dead. It gave BitTorrent a bad name. Now I can get back to torrenting game patches and Linux ISOs.

Hypertron said:
NOOOOOO....i wonder if i can finish one of my downloads, i should b/c its bit torrent right?
Suprnova wasn't a tracker, only an index of .torrent links.

Jung

???
Premium
Smoke said:
Torrent = illegal?
:confused:
Torrents aren't necessary illegal, but the contents of the torrent can be. If you're torrenting a linux .iso, then it's going to be legal. If you're torrenting the newest rip of Colonivilizonquest III, then it's obviously illegal.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Fire_ze_Missles said:
Holy Crap, Jstager got caged again?!?! :p :thumbsup:
Long story short, it was as close as we could get to comply with his wishes...

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
BRiT said:
Long story short, it was as close as we could get to comply with his wishes...
In other words, you were fed up with him and his posting, so you asked him to leave? Or what?

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
No. He directly asked us to nuke his account.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
tzedek said:
finals ban?
Just to cut all the crap rumors floating around about certain people waging war on the site and all that jazz, here is the exact PM he fired off to many of the admins. First off, we're not about to destroy any evidence, let alone making mince-meat of the forums by removing over 21K posts (7K posts plus 3 x quote/reply factor)...

~~~
jstager said:
I need my account deleted immediately on both AlienSoup and WTF!

I have been the victim of identity theft...I need you to shut down my account, and find a way to delete EVERY post that I have ever made here. Somebody is after me, and is framing me in order to make life threatening things about a woman. I don't care if it doesn't matter, just shut down my account now! My machine has been hacked, and the FBI feels I have committed assault.

-JStager

P.S. I NEED THIS DONE BY TONIGHT!

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
BRiT said:
Just to cut all the crap rumors floating around about certain people waging war on the site and all that jazz, here is the exact PM he fired off to many of the admins. First off, we're not about to destroy any evidence, let alone making mince-meat of the forums by removing over 21K posts (7K posts plus 3 x quote/reply factor)...

~~~
That's crazy. Or Stager is. I figured him/her(w/e) to be a lot of things,but I never thought of him/her(again, w/e) taking slow dance lessons in the BIG HOUSE.

FBI....my ass.
Maybe Mom found their ten year old on line at WTF.com,hmmm....