WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Road Trip!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#1
Okay. I want to go on a road trip with my 3 best friends this summer. We want to start planning it now, since we're horrible planners.

So. We are in the Los Angeles area. We are currently accepting ideas on where we should go. We want no more than a day and a half's drive, but nowhere close. We plan to stay a week or so.

So... suggestions on where to go, advice from previous experience, etc?
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,851
3,350
487
#2
Seattle kicks ass. You'll have to drive straight through and switch off to make it in a day and a half. Then there's the old standard Vegas. or Mexico.
 
3,050
0
0
#3
drive across to main. just try not to get murdered there, all stephan kings books always seem to be in main.
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#4
MaxPower said:
Seattle kicks ass. You'll have to drive straight through and switch off to make it in a day and a half. Then there's the old standard Vegas. or Mexico.
We already decided against all those places :happysad: I really want to go to Seattle, but it's a little far. Vegas, well, we can't gamble (we're all going to be 17 except me, 16, by the time we leave). Mexico is a possibility, but the "obligatory hispanic friend" isn't looking forward to having to translate the Spanish everywhere for us. Thanks for the suggestions!

Nymphchick said:
drive across to main. just try not to get murdered there, all stephan kings books always seem to be in main.
Maine's a little far for us, but thanks :thumbsmeh:
 
4,248
0
0
#5
Go to the fuckin' Grand Canyon and try not to fall in. That would be pretty cool if you ask me.
 
1,456
1
0
#6
lol, yeah. Maine is about a 2-3 day drive assuming you switch off and pretty much drive straight through.

If you're into this kind of thing, yellowstone national park would be a bit far, but I guarantee if you're into the nature scene you'll never want to leave. There are also many places in Colorado and that area that are a lot of fun.

I really don't know what's close to LA, but Salt Lake City could be cool. Other than that, just get on some american tourism site and look around. They usually have some good ideas
 
3,050
0
0
#7
ok iccy, you asked for a "road trip" main is a "road trip" duuuuuuuh.
ok mister picky iccy,teehee, i forget where you are now, and i'm too damn lazy to scroll up. how about disney land?
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
262
302
#10
Sounds great Icarus! You could always go to S.F. It would be a long drive, but still leave you enough time to have some fun. If you go too far, then it's much like being at home, except the farts are more deadly with the windows up! Good luck!
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#11
Nymphchick said:
ok iccy, you asked for a "road trip" main is a "road trip" duuuuuuuh.
We also said we only wanted to drive, at the most, a day and a half.

Nymphchick said:
ok mister picky iccy,teehee, i forget where you are now, and i'm too damn lazy to scroll up. how about disney land?
Disney Land is like a two hour drive. I am in Los Angeles.

JLXC said:
Sounds great Icarus! You could always go to S.F. It would be a long drive, but still leave you enough time to have some fun. If you go too far, then it's much like being at home, except the farts are more deadly with the windows up! Good luck!
We are considering San Diego, San Francisco, and San Francisco. Those are the only three suitable San's we could think of.
 

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
1,051
0
0
#12
im in the same situation as icarus only im in australia!

me and my friends plan on going either queensland or bright.

aussies any other sugestions?
 

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
1,415
0
0
#13
yosemite(sp?):thumbsup:
fucking amazing......
or if you're up for it, drive down to monument valley which is in arizona i think.Thats a really nice and beautiful place also.
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#14
Just so you guys have an idea, we're all 16-17. We don't want to go somewhere that our parents would take us ;) We want an all-out party road trip.
 

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
1,415
0
0
#15
las vegas.
strip clubs, whore houses,Mt.Everset to name a few.
:D
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#16
The problem with Vegas is that the trip will probably be on a really tight budget already, Vegas is expensive, plus we can't gamble or get into strip clubs to begin with.
 

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
1,415
0
0
#17
is it only guys?
If not....you can make your car your own strip club:p

Sometimes i feel bad we didnt take pictures of our females friends naked in cabo, mexico
:(
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#18
skullmaster said:
is it only guys?
If not....you can make your car your own strip club:p

Sometimes i feel bad we didnt take pictures of our females friends naked in cabo, mexico
:(
It will probably be all guys because there would only be enough seats for the 4 of us guys and 1 girl, which wouldn't be fair.

I know who I wish I could bring though :)