Headlines Robert Blake Acquitted of Murder

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
1
0
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, a stunning verdict in a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The jury also acquitted Blake of one charge of trying to get someone to kill his wife, but deadlocked on a second solicitation charge.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama "Baretta" dropped his head, trembled with emotion, and let out several deep breaths after the verdict was read.

The jury of seven men and five women delivered the verdicts on its ninth day of deliberations, following a trial with a cast a characters that included two Hollywood stuntmen who said Blake tried to get them to bump off his wife.

Blake had faced life in prison; prosecutors did not seek the death penalty.
Blake was charged with shooting 44-year-old Bonny Lee Bakley in their car outside the actor's favorite Italian restaurant on May 4, 2001, less than six months after their marriage.

Prosecutors said Blake believed his wife trapped him into a loveless marriage by getting pregnant. They said Blake soon became smitten with the baby, Rosie, and desperately wanted to keep the child away from Bakley, whom he considered an unfit mother.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huh? I guess that OJ jury got called up again for this one...
 

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
9,616
2,333
537
That's great news for all Baretta fans. "pfft!"
How 'bout a link to enjoy the news further?

Thanks.
 

MaxPower

Sweep the leg
Staff
17,278
7,885
637
gehtfuct said:
That's great news for all Baretta fans. "pfft!"
How 'bout a link to enjoy the news further?

Thanks.
Just throw a dart at any news site. Not like this is some obscure tid-bit.
 

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
1,218
0
0
I didn't follow this case.. was it "OJ obvious"? or was there some shadow of a doubt..
 

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
979
1
0
voiceofreason said:
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, a stunning verdict in a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The jury also acquitted Blake of one charge of trying to get someone to kill his wife, but deadlocked on a second solicitation charge.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama "Baretta" dropped his head, trembled with emotion, and let out several deep breaths after the verdict was read.

The jury of seven men and five women delivered the verdicts on its ninth day of deliberations, following a trial with a cast a characters that included two Hollywood stuntmen who said Blake tried to get them to bump off his wife.

Blake had faced life in prison; prosecutors did not seek the death penalty.
Blake was charged with shooting 44-year-old Bonny Lee Bakley in their car outside the actor's favorite Italian restaurant on May 4, 2001, less than six months after their marriage.

Prosecutors said Blake believed his wife trapped him into a loveless marriage by getting pregnant. They said Blake soon became smitten with the baby, Rosie, and desperately wanted to keep the child away from Bakley, whom he considered an unfit mother.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huh? I guess that OJ jury got called up again for this one...
We were all there! We asw the bastard do it!
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,346
1
0
voiceofreason said:
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, a stunning verdict in a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The jury also acquitted Blake of one charge of trying to get someone to kill his wife, but deadlocked on a second solicitation charge.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama "Baretta" dropped his head, trembled with emotion, and let out several deep breaths after the verdict was read.

The jury of seven men and five women delivered the verdicts on its ninth day of deliberations, following a trial with a cast a characters that included two Hollywood stuntmen who said Blake tried to get them to bump off his wife.

Blake had faced life in prison; prosecutors did not seek the death penalty.
Blake was charged with shooting 44-year-old Bonny Lee Bakley in their car outside the actor's favorite Italian restaurant on May 4, 2001, less than six months after their marriage.

Prosecutors said Blake believed his wife trapped him into a loveless marriage by getting pregnant. They said Blake soon became smitten with the baby, Rosie, and desperately wanted to keep the child away from Bakley, whom he considered an unfit mother.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huh? I guess that OJ jury got called up again for this one...
Did you actually
think for one second he would be convicted?
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,685
149
157
If you're rich, you can get away with anything in the Good ol' Ewe Ess of Ae.

Conservatives, I tip my hat to you :pimp: .
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
4
38
Descent said:
If you're rich, you can get away with anything in the Good ol' Ewe Ess of Ae.

Conservatives, I tip my hat to you :pimp: .
there you go again, thinking you know what you are talking about. :thumbsup:
 

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
979
1
0
TwisT said:
Did you actually
think for one second he would be convicted?
Hell no. Even Kobe got away with raping a slut. I mean, if you're famous and/or your court case makes major news, you're obviously guilty, so why are these stupid juries letting these criminals get away with everything!