WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Robert Blake Acquitted of Murder

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, a stunning verdict in a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The jury also acquitted Blake of one charge of trying to get someone to kill his wife, but deadlocked on a second solicitation charge.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama "Baretta" dropped his head, trembled with emotion, and let out several deep breaths after the verdict was read.

The jury of seven men and five women delivered the verdicts on its ninth day of deliberations, following a trial with a cast a characters that included two Hollywood stuntmen who said Blake tried to get them to bump off his wife.

Blake had faced life in prison; prosecutors did not seek the death penalty.
Blake was charged with shooting 44-year-old Bonny Lee Bakley in their car outside the actor's favorite Italian restaurant on May 4, 2001, less than six months after their marriage.

Prosecutors said Blake believed his wife trapped him into a loveless marriage by getting pregnant. They said Blake soon became smitten with the baby, Rosie, and desperately wanted to keep the child away from Bakley, whom he considered an unfit mother.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huh? I guess that OJ jury got called up again for this one...

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
That's great news for all Baretta fans. "pfft!"
How 'bout a link to enjoy the news further?

Thanks.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Can't really tell if the jury was biased or if the proofs really weren't sufficient...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
gehtfuct said:
That's great news for all Baretta fans. "pfft!"
How 'bout a link to enjoy the news further?

Thanks.
Just throw a dart at any news site. Not like this is some obscure tid-bit.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I didn't follow this case.. was it "OJ obvious"? or was there some shadow of a doubt..

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
voiceofreason said:
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, a stunning verdict in a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The jury also acquitted Blake of one charge of trying to get someone to kill his wife, but deadlocked on a second solicitation charge.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama "Baretta" dropped his head, trembled with emotion, and let out several deep breaths after the verdict was read.

The jury of seven men and five women delivered the verdicts on its ninth day of deliberations, following a trial with a cast a characters that included two Hollywood stuntmen who said Blake tried to get them to bump off his wife.

Blake was charged with shooting 44-year-old Bonny Lee Bakley in their car outside the actor's favorite Italian restaurant on May 4, 2001, less than six months after their marriage.

Prosecutors said Blake believed his wife trapped him into a loveless marriage by getting pregnant. They said Blake soon became smitten with the baby, Rosie, and desperately wanted to keep the child away from Bakley, whom he considered an unfit mother.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We were all there! We asw the bastard do it!

Descent

Hella Constipated
That's it. America is officially fucked.

R.I.P. USA 1776-2008.

tzedek

Original Member
Descent said:
That's it. America is officially fucked.

R.I.P. USA 1776-2008.
wtf are you talking about?

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
voiceofreason said:
Associated Press

Did you actually
think for one second he would be convicted?

Descent

Hella Constipated
If you're rich, you can get away with anything in the Good ol' Ewe Ess of Ae.

Conservatives, I tip my hat to you :pimp: .

tzedek

Original Member
Descent said:
If you're rich, you can get away with anything in the Good ol' Ewe Ess of Ae.

Conservatives, I tip my hat to you :pimp: .
there you go again, thinking you know what you are talking about. :thumbsup:

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
TwisT said:
Did you actually
think for one second he would be convicted?
Hell no. Even Kobe got away with raping a slut. I mean, if you're famous and/or your court case makes major news, you're obviously guilty, so why are these stupid juries letting these criminals get away with everything!

tzedek

Original Member
I see the ignorance is strong in this thread as well.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
tzedek said:
I see the ignorance is strong in this thread as well.
I see that your inability to detect sarcasm, irony or subtlety of any kind is also going strong.