WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Ron Reagan to Address Democrat Delegates

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON - Democrats have snagged a high-profile speaker — and a measure of political one-upmanship — for this month's convention: Ron Reagan. The younger son of the late President Reagan will address the Democratic National Convention in Boston about stem cell research.

David Wade, a spokesman for Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, said Monday that Reagan will have a "prime time" speaking slot during the July 26-29 convention. "Ron Reagan's courageous pleas for stem cell research add a powerful voice to the millions of Americans hoping for cures for their children, for their parents and for their grandparents," Wade said.

Reagan, 46, has been critical of the Bush administration's restriction of federal funding for human embryonic stem cell research and the war in Iraq.

But he said his speech will only deal with the subject of stem cell research, something he and Nancy Reagan have argued could lead to cures for a number of diseases like the Alzheimer's that afflicted the late president. Because the extraction of stem cells destroys day-old embryos, the process is opposed by groups who link it to abortion.

Me thinks that's quite a coup...

tzedek

Original Member
I read a while ago about how Ron Reagan felt about the Bush admin. I think it is great that the son of Ronald Reagan has a opinion about something that conflicts with Bush. Its a slap in the face IMO.

morelos

lexicon incognito
the only unfortunate part is that ron reagan was always kinda alienated, in the public view, from his familial connection to his dad. the older generations know this. it's not as strong a political statement as people would like to hope.
~ dan ~

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
morelos said:
the only unfortunate part is that ron reagan was always kinda alienated, in the public view, from his familial connection to his dad. the older generations know this. it's not as strong a political statement as people would like to hope.
~ dan ~
I'm just glad they weren't able to co-op off of Ron. Sr.'s death for the convention...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
it's not as strong a political statement as people would like to hope.
:thumbsup: agreed... it is kinda a slap but most voters prolly didn't know that Ron Sr. had a son.. so it won't matter.. but some will make a big deal about it...

for the record.. I like most steam cell research..

morelos

lexicon incognito
good. i do too.

the funny thing is ron reagan hosts dog shows now.