router probs

tzedek

Original Member
so i wake up this morning and for some reason i have no internet access. im like wtf. all the comps are on the lan, just no internet. so i messed around with it for a while about an hour and then said fuck it and called linksys. the guy tells me to loop a cable from the wan port to the 4th ethernet port to fix it, and sure enough it worked. wierd...

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I hate my router, I need a firmware upgrade for it, but linksys firmware update is always corrupted, gimp-ass linksys. :thumbsdn:

tzedek

Original Member
Bosh said:
ok so what if you don't want that loop?? you won't have internet?

nah, it was just temporary. after that i just unplugged the loop and plugged the modem back in and everything worked fine.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I have a Dell router that my Dad got for free with his new laptop a year ago. It's pretty damn good, and very stable, but it was a total piece of shit until I flashed the firmware. I couldn't even run a Teamspeak server off it :mad: .

I would recommend this model, the TrueMobile 2400. It has great range, easy to use config utility (That works in both Mozilla and IE), and it has 802.11B/G support.

Fuck Linksys, they are nothing but problems. I rarely say this, but get my Dell!

</rant>

Tenderony
Mine randomly loses the internet. The pc downstairs is plugged into it, never has a problem, i'm upstairs on the wireless. I just turn it off and on and ping, back it comes.

</rant>