WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

router probs

tzedek

Original Member
so i wake up this morning and for some reason i have no internet access. im like wtf. all the comps are on the lan, just no internet. so i messed around with it for a while about an hour and then said fuck it and called linksys. the guy tells me to loop a cable from the wan port to the 4th ethernet port to fix it, and sure enough it worked. wierd...

ok so what if you don't want that loop?? you won't have internet?

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I hate my router, I need a firmware upgrade for it, but linksys firmware update is always corrupted, gimp-ass linksys. :thumbsdn:

tzedek

Original Member
Bosh said:
ok so what if you don't want that loop?? you won't have internet?

nah, it was just temporary. after that i just unplugged the loop and plugged the modem back in and everything worked fine.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I have a Dell router that my Dad got for free with his new laptop a year ago. It's pretty damn good, and very stable, but it was a total piece of shit until I flashed the firmware. I couldn't even run a Teamspeak server off it :mad: .

I would recommend this model, the TrueMobile 2400. It has great range, easy to use config utility (That works in both Mozilla and IE), and it has 802.11B/G support.

Fuck Linksys, they are nothing but problems. I rarely say this, but get my Dell!

</rant>

Tenderony
Mine randomly loses the internet. The pc downstairs is plugged into it, never has a problem, i'm upstairs on the wireless. I just turn it off and on and ping, back it comes.

</rant>