WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Rumsfeld bans camera phones in Iraq

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#4
voiceofreason said:
Why stop the abuse, when you can just stop people from knowing about it...

Somebody's thinkin'...
lol, first off 9 people where abusing iraqi prisoners. Not a whole army. Second, OptSec... To many information leaks are happening because of cam phones.
 

ron

Buster of Asses
963
0
0
#5
_Kitana_ said:
lol, first off 9 people where abusing iraqi prisoners. Not a whole army. Second, OptSec... To many information leaks are happening because of cam phones.
OPSEC...Operation Security.

Anyone here remember Wolf Blitzer, of CNN, showing our troop locations and movements on a big board during Operation Desert Storm? I do. I remember wondering why those in charge allowed him to do so.
 

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
277
0
0
#6
Lol

_Kitana_ said:
lol, first off 9 people where abusing iraqi prisoners. Not a whole army. Second, OptSec... To many information leaks are happening because of cam phones.

9 is all the world needs to lose even more faith in an already unpopular campaign.


Information leaks? Geez... y'mean like photos of Iraqi prisoner abuse?!
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#7
WTFNation said:
9 is all the world needs to lose even more faith in an already unpopular campaign.


Information leaks? Geez... y'mean like photos of Iraqi prisoner abuse?!
No dipshit. However I do not believe that those pics should of been taken, nor circled around. They did no good.

Once the military found out about the abuse they took controll of the situation and delt with it. You can not take the actions of 9 retards and place them on an entire army. 9 was all it took for dipshits like you to lose faith in our military. I seen it as nine reservest who didn't have a reason to be over there.

Those troops should of been watched by our marines or regular army guys....not fucking reservest and camara phones have no place over there. What rumsfeild did was to protect the soldiers and their safety...

See why should our goverment have to justify every move it fucking makes. They should of banned those long ago. That was the mistake our goverment made.
 

King Goldfish

Banned - What an Asshat!
811
0
0
#8
9 were scapegoats. The orders to "Soften Up" came from way above.


You know how much time that guy is going to get in a army jail? 6 months. Thats all. And im sure as hell they're going to pamper him while he's doing the time.


I personally think its fucking sick. And that poor Jew kid getting his head sawn off is just the begining of Operation Pay Back.


But Iraqis have done this kind of bullshit for centuries. It just shocks me our own Government really does the same thing. Its things you hear about from some friends who are in the Military but you somehow dont believe them about it.
 
4
0
0
#9
Found 'em yet?

Okay. We've seen the Dog Leashes of Mass Destruction, and the Green Hoods of Mass Destruction in pictures. But have they actually been found? Cuz, until they are, I refuse to believe that they ever existed.
 

Cynical Canuck

Venting Spleen
33
0
0
#10
_Kitana_ said:
No dipshit. However I do not believe that those pics should of been taken, nor circled around. They did no good.
Yes, I see your point. It did absolutely no good to get the truth out about the so called "9 Reservists" abusing POWs and going against the Geneva Convention. These kinds of activities are best kept hidden, so they can continue on in private.

_Kitana_ said:
Once the military found out about the abuse they took controll of the situation and delt with it.
Once the found out? LOL they knew for *months* before the pics were leaked to the media, and they did nothing until it became public, in an attempt to save face. These nine are the scapegoats, I'm positive it goes much deeper than just with them. The real problem lies in the fact that the military has created an environment where this sort of abuse was allowed to flourish.

_Kitana_ said:
What rumsfeild did was to protect the soldiers and their safety...
Bullshit. He did this to protect his ass and the potential leak of any future fuckups. It's not like the phones were used to take pics of secret government installations (which no regular soldier has access to), or results of friendly fire, or whatever. These are pictures of Americans abusing prisoners of war, plain and simple.

_Kitana_ said:
See why should our goverment have to justify every move it fucking makes. --snip-- That was the mistake our goverment made.
Yes, your government should have free reign in sticking its nose into every other country's business, without caring or considering what the other people living on "your" planet has to say about it.

The mistake your government actually made: carrying on with the same bullshit attitude that you have presented here.

Get your head out of your ass and try to look at the big picture.

BTW if someone considers this a flame against Kitana, so be it. But if she as a moderator can call someone a dumbass, then a bit of spleen can be vented back in her direction.
 

King Goldfish

Banned - What an Asshat!
811
0
0
#11
Here is the bottom line kids.

The person who took the photos was a complete moron. You dont take photos of crimes you commit. only an egocentric moron would do something like this.


But these people were ordered to do "What ever it takes to soften up the enemy"

now that they got caught it is they and only they who will be punished.

Rumsfield gave the order and will see no punishment for this then possibly a resignation. But I doubt that will even happen. soon everyone will forget about this and the punishment will be mild at best. Like I said, the guys that are being punished will get 6 months a minimum detention center with cable TV and maybe work detail. then when that guy gets out he's gonna blab to the media how he was nothing more then a fucking patsy. I know I would. I would blow the horn on everyone. But of course America is brainwashed and will just think he is putting a spin on it.
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#12
King Goldfish said:
Here is the bottom line kids.

The person who took the photos was a complete moron. You dont take photos of crimes you commit. only an egocentric moron would do something like this.


But these people were ordered to do "What ever it takes to soften up the enemy"

now that they got caught it is they and only they who will be punished.

Rumsfield gave the order and will see no punishment for this then possibly a resignation. But I doubt that will even happen. soon everyone will forget about this and the punishment will be mild at best. Like I said, the guys that are being punished will get 6 months a minimum detention center with cable TV and maybe work detail. then when that guy gets out he's gonna blab to the media how he was nothing more then a fucking patsy. I know I would. I would blow the horn on everyone. But of course America is brainwashed and will just think he is putting a spin on it.

Thats fucking BS. You do not ORDER someone to do what they did and I AM NOT FUCKING BUYING THAT. Those 9 dumbass did it for attention and to brag. Bottomline. America CAN NOT GO SOFT ON THEM. Everyone I know in the army and I believe most of the military men and woman over there are EXTREMLY pissed.

They will not get a minum of 6 months there King. I am highly sure they will get more the that. Consdering if you write out a bad check and someone reports you.... you can in majoir fucking trouble. So i am sure causing an american to get his head chopped off and what not. Is going to GET YOU IN ALOT MORE TROUBLE.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#13
_Kitana_ said:
Thats fucking BS. You do not ORDER someone to do what they did and I AM NOT FUCKING BUYING THAT. Those 9 dumbass did it for attention and to brag. Bottomline. America CAN NOT GO SOFT ON THEM. Everyone I know in the army and I believe most of the military men and woman over there are EXTREMLY pissed.

They will not get a minum of 6 months there King. I am highly sure they will get more the that. Consdering if you write out a bad check and someone reports you.... you can in majoir fucking trouble. So i am sure causing an american to get his head chopped off and what not. Is going to GET YOU IN ALOT MORE TROUBLE.
If you think there are only 9 people abusing prisoners, you are in a dream world. The Red Cross has been reporting these abuses throughout US prisons in Afghanistan & Irag for sometime. The abuse is rampant. wake up...