WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Rumsfeld Says He Was Misunderstood on Iraq-Al Qaeda

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said on Tuesday he was misunderstood when he stated hours earlier that he knew of no "strong, hard evidence" linking Saddam Hussein's Iraq and al Qaeda.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Bush, with friends like Rumsfeld, who needs enemies?

The two of them would be great on Comedy Central, but not so good in the White House, where what you say is "actually" supposed to mean something...

morelos

lexicon incognito
the real question is what dirt he must have on bush/cheney/rove/ashcroft in order not to have been fired, twice, already...

tzedek

Original Member
The government's most definitive account of Iraq's arms programs, to be released today, will show that Saddam Hussein posed a diminishing threat at the time the United States invaded and did not possess, or have concrete plans to develop, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, U.S. officials said yesterday.
it's about time that mopre info like this is coming out. When did it become acceptable for the president to lie to the country?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
voiceofreason said:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said on Tuesday he was misunderstood when he stated hours earlier that he knew of no "strong, hard evidence" linking Saddam Hussein's Iraq and al Qaeda.
Cough......cough.....Flip-flop....cough

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
tzedek said:
it's about time that mopre info like this is coming out. When did it become acceptable for the president to lie to the country?
Oh there's absolutely nothing new about presidents lying to the country, it's just what they've chosen to lie about that's changed.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
Skorch said:
Oh there's absolutely nothing new about presidents lying to the country, it's just what they've chosen to lie about that's changed.
agreed. kennedy denied having a relationship w/marilyn munroe, clinton lied about a bj, other politicians lied...but that didn't cause 1000 u.s. soldiers to lose their lives :confused:

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
if you make a statement based on evidence provided to you... by multiple sources that are deemed credible... and then the evidence turns out not to be exactly what was stated to you.. did you still lie?

morelos

lexicon incognito
you can't just begin by saying something is deemed credible.

that's actually ASSUMING it's credible. huge difference. for something to be DEEMED anything, it must be so deemed by an authoritative body for that subject. for example, i can deem the pizza i just ate excellent, because i'm an authority on my taste buds...

~ dan ~

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Deem --- To regard as; consider: deemed the results unsatisfactory.
would you have prefered if I had substituted "Deemed" for "considered"
irregardless of any spelling or grammatical errors... "did you still lie?"

(irregardless used as sarcasm)

Taking a page from Reagon... Don't leave any evidence that you actually knew anything. There is a catchy phrase for it that escapes me ... --- deniability.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
if you make a statement based on evidence provided to you... by multiple sources that are deemed credible... and then the evidence turns out not to be exactly what was stated to you.. did you still lie?
Ok, lets just say took data, twisted and extruded it until it took a form that would serve their purpose. Then once exposed, didn't have the common sense to concede to defeat, but instead kept insisting that "yea, well whatever, we were still right".

By their logic of "The world is still a better place" we should now pull out the troops and invade Iran (what the hell, they're only right next door). Then we can shift our focus on Pakistan, Syria, China, Korea.
I suppose the world could also do without some of the oppressive regimes in a couple of the African nations and one or two South American (why limit our crusade to one region?)

If they can just admit they made a fatal mistake, that unnessicarily cost lives on both sides, we can begin the healing process.

But hey, at least it wasn't a blow job. :thumbsup:

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
MaxPower said:
But hey, at least it wasn't a blow job. :thumbsup:
Right Max,

Blowjobs are the worst thing ever! But killing thousands of people for nothing, well, that's OK!