Headlines Russia invades Ukraine [2022-02-23]

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
(Update 5:30pm ET): Shortly after images of the gas pipeline explosion was reaching social media, President Biden appeared behind the lectern at The White House (an hour late) to tell the world that he's “convinced” that Russian President Vladimir Putin has decided to launch a further invasion in Ukraine, including an assault on its capital, Kyiv.

After weeks of saying the U.S. wasn’t sure if Putin had made the final decision to launch a widespread invasion, Biden said that assessment had changed, citing “significant intelligence capability.”

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
(Update 5:30pm ET): Shortly after images of the gas pipeline explosion was reaching social media, President Biden appeared behind the lectern at The White House (an hour late) to tell the world that he's “convinced” that Russian President Vladimir Putin has decided to launch a further invasion in Ukraine, including an assault on its capital, Kyiv.

After weeks of saying the U.S. wasn’t sure if Putin had made the final decision to launch a widespread invasion, Biden said that assessment had changed, citing “significant intelligence capability.”

Hopefully somebody puts a stop to Russia.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
I still maintain that global conflict is the only way out for the US. I mean we're on the verge of collapse.

The details I've laid out before are obviously a miss, but the direction is near undeniable.

It's interesting how much Biden shows up in conflict with Russia.

Meh.

Swah

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ...it's all just a roll of the dice...
Staff
Wonder what'll happen to the rest of us in the EU...

Last edited:

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Well after watching the latest Hoo-Haa about the "Invasion",
was talking with my brother and he brought up a point...
maybe we should just mind our own business and let Russia go at it, they stayed out of our business during the last couple of conflicts, we should do the same and save some face.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
Well after watching the latest Hoo-Haa about the "Invasion",
was talking with my brother and he brought up a point...
maybe we should just mind our own business and let Russia go at it, they stayed out of our business during the last couple of conflicts, we should do the same and save some face.
Syria.

Anyway, not that my ramblings are fortuitous or anything.... And not that the Sun is Reuters or some trusted name in news... Lol... But

It's funny. You started this thread 10 years ago. In another 10 years you may be able to post an "I called it" thread. :laugh:

10 years eh? Shoulda said that ten years ago.

BlastemSkyHigh

So What?
Syria wasn't any of our business either,
just like other countries are supposed to ignore whatever atrocities we commit on our citizens during a internal conflict, most they should be able to do is snivel and whine about it,
...mind our own business and our own affairs, the USA is too embattled from within over this Republican vs Democrat bullshit since Frumpty-Dumpty left office,
clean our house first then worry about others bullshit.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
So What?
just like other countries are supposed to ignore whatever atrocities we commit on our citizens during a internal conflict, most they should be able to do is snivel and whine about it,
...mind our own business and our own affairs, the USA is too embattled from within over this Republican vs Democrat bullshit since Frumpty-Dumpty left office,
So, Russia didn't stay out of our business in the last couple of conflicts. It's not likely that we will stay out of their business in Ukraine.

Though this administration probably won't be directly kinetic. There again they're pretty fucking dumb so... Who knows. A world war would boost our economy according to the prevailing Keynesian "inflation is great" economic paradigm.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
QUICK DETACH HIS POSTS FROM THE DECADE OF LINKS AND INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF WORLD WAR THREE. THEN GIVE IT A TITLE WHICH SAYS WHATS GOING ON BUT KEEP IT IN FRINGE BECAUSE MAYBE RUSSIA DIDN'T ACTUALLY INVADE UKRAINE.

Or something.

BlastemSkyHigh

Well,
Call it what you will, but when another country says it's going to occupy your territory, then it might be an invasion.
And Biden is stupid to think a sanction will slow Russia down.

Last edited:

Ryan McAury

Investigator
The conflict started, when the USA stuck it's nose into Russian affairs by staging a coup in the Ukraine. That country was from then on governed by a bunch of gangsters. Biden family invested in that murder hole. Now Russia cleans the mess.
So what? Russia does what the USA did many times. Invade a country. Historically it is Russia by the way.
It would be fun if Mexico claims California and Texas. The USA stole that too.
However, coming to think of it. The entire USA is stolen. BETTER SHUT UP..:)

Ryan McAury

Investigator
Really, people in Europe hate what is going on. The west constantly breaking promises and going east. Everybody knows there was a coup in 2014 in Ukraine. But our governments are corrupt, and at least the EU is not democratically chosen. Even the parliaments are full of idiots. Why? There is no free press or media. All is propaganda. It is clear the USA wants to hurt the economy of Europe.

MaxPower

Strike First Strike Hard
Staff
Syria.

Anyway, not that my ramblings are fortuitous or anything.... And not that the Sun is Reuters or some trusted name in news... Lol... But

10 years eh? Shoulda said that ten years ago.

So What?
They're only in favor of it if you're going in to kill brown funny talkin people. Otherwise it's not our business. It's the conservative way.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
War criminals are in Ukraine. Nazi gangs also there.
Also, Ukraine spokesman tells to put Putin on a rope. Bad.. Very bad behaviour.
Shows what kind of people we have to deal with.

Yeah you didn’t need to disagree, I just found the video interesting and shared it.

I know there are cunts in Ukraine and good people in Russia and vice verse, they are similar peoples aren’t they? like Germans and Austrians or the Scots and the Irish.. or Canada and people from the US. I don’t give a fuck who I offend, to me an Englishman you are a pair of mad Slavs, brothers and we should just let you get on with it, not make an enemy of Russia.