WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Russian scientists patented how to transmute metals

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
OMG I can turn my tinfoil cap into goldfoil cap that's way better!!!

Short recap: because the world's banking system is a CONSPIRACYYYYYYYYY (I agree to this to an extent) these people's heroes are trying to disrupt it by lowering raw material prices creating metals instead of mining etc. Yeah!
Somehow, mixing some not well specified "minerals" or "radioactive wastes", it's the same they say, a chunk of metal like iron or copper or lead, and a handful of "bacteria", you can end up with gold or whatever other metal you want because these bacteria can eat the aforementioned "minerals/wastes" and fart on the "metals" changing their atomic structures. Sure.
I obviously don't think it is possible by any mean until I see it with my very eyes, the science I studied at school says so, however I found the article funny. Entirely.

source: https://geopolitics.co/2016/07/14/russian-scientists-announce-historic-discovery-rendering-the-entire-system-obsolete/

I'm baffled yet stoked yet baffled again. People are really, really crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: MaxPower

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
OMG I can turn my tinfoil cap into goldfoil cap that's way better!!!
But if you could do that, everybody could do it and therefore gold would become worthless (well I suppose that's the point) like the planet 55 Cancri e which is mostly made of diamond, if we could have all that diamond, it would be as as valuable as pebbles.

CoprophagousCop

Stomp out narcissism!
Premium
Somehow, mixing some not well specified "minerals" or "radioactive wastes", it's the same they say, a chunk of metal like iron or copper or lead, and a handful of "bacteria", you can end up with gold or whatever other metal you want because these bacteria can eat the aforementioned "minerals/wastes" and fart on the "metals" changing their atomic structures. Sure.
:bs:

Unfortunately, I do not have premium membership, so I can not give this article the proper rating.