WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

S.C.U.M. Presents: Eating your babies since 1729!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Being a lover of old English Literature, I stumbled across something I hadn't read in a long time. As I read it, I thought to myself; why keep such information to myself when I can bestow upon the minds of WTF, however shallow those minds are.

Some of the more illiterate members of this forum may claim that this essay is "teh gehy", however, you must trudge through the wording and read it for what it is.

Highlighting some of the finer points:

I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee or a ragout.

For first, as I have already observed, it would greatly lessen the number of papists, with whom we are yearly overrun, being the principal breeders of the nation as well as our most dangerous enemies; and who stay at home on purpose with a design to deliver the kingdom to the Pretender, hoping to take their advantage by the absence of so many good protestants, who have chosen rather to leave their country than stay at home and pay tithes against their conscience to an Episcopal curate.
The version I have access to is not electronic and have therefore found an electronic version for you people to read: http://www.online-literature.com/swift/947/

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Why am I not surprised that the only books mentioned by SPED are required high school reading? Another stellar contribution from the back of the short bus......Thumbs down SPED :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
mmm.....babies......pass the A.1. steak sauce please :thumbsup:

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Yeaahhh!! Modest Proposal rocks! I remember reading this and thinking, "Wow, This is some fucked up shit."

Great stuff from ol' Swiffy there.

TheLampIncident said:
A Modest Proposal. We read this in my English class last year. It's all sarcasm and shock value.

Well, shock value can be a good thing.

Here's a weird little poem that came to my mind one day. Not much shock value, but it's odd, nonetheless.

I had a woman.
She had my child.
I had another woman.
She had my child.
Those women were my children.

It might take a while to get it.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I've read A Modest Proposal, and enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, [insert meaningful post content here].

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
bigck3000 said:
Why am I not surprised that the only books mentioned by SPED are required high school reading? Another stellar contribution from the back of the short bus......Thumbs down SPED :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Well you must have failed your high school english class, for, A Modest Proposal is no book. And, if you would have read it, you would have known that it was too short for it to be a novel. Though, if you did try, the language probably stumped mommy's little helper, so I won't hold that against you.

Thumbsdown to idiots who have no clue what they are talking about. :thumbsup:

Fire_ze_Missles said:
Well you must have failed your high school english class, for, A Modest Proposal is no book. And, if you would have read it, you would have known that it was too short for it to be a novel. Though, if you did try, the language probably stumped mommy's little helper, so I won't hold that against you.

Thumbsdown to idiots who have no clue what they are talking about. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: to gladly admitting that I have no fuckind idea what you're talking about! :)

This sounds...err...interesting? *cough*

If smallck thought it was a novel, he obviously hasn't read it. I haven't read it yet, but I clicked on the link and looked at it a bit. That is NOT a book...

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I never said i read it....thumbs down to assumptions :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

And Fire.....that post is almost exactly what I would have said...are studying my style now? Let me know and i'll write up a manual for you.

Thumbs down to mimicking.. :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Status
Not open for further replies.