WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

S.C.U.M. Presents: Morrison Vs. Joplin Vs. Hendrix Vs. Walters

Morrison Joplin Hendrix Or Walters?

• Jim Morrison

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Jimi Hendrix

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Janis Joplin

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Roger Walters

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Jung and I were arguing on IRC over who was better. I said Jim Morrsion was the best. He thought Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix were better than Morrison. We talked about it for awhile and then he brought up Roger Walters. For those of you that are either too young to know or don't know who he is Walters was the singer in Pink Floyd. Now Jim Morrson went on The Ed Sullivan Show in the 60's to perform "Light My Fire". The censors wanted Morrison to say "Girl we couldn't get much better" instead of "Girl we couldn't get much higher." The Doors went on that night and played "Light My Fire". When Morrison was supposed to say "Girl we couldn't get much higher he said "Girl we couldn't get much higher." He put emphasis on the word higher by saying it much louder then any other word. Morrison was arrested in Germany for indecent exposure. What did he do? During a concert he pulled his wang out. Morrison never got to be proven innocent or guilty in that case because he died in in his tub before he got to be on trial. :( I was watching The Wall DVD and there is a special documentary on it. You had to buy the specail edition DVD to see it. In it Roger talks about why he made it, what it's about etc. He decided to make it because during a concert a fan tried to come up on stage and Roger spit in the fan's face. That was the inspiriation for The Wall. You decide, who is the best performer?
EDIT: While I was making this I was kicked off line. Could a mod change this to a poll? I was making the poll options when I was kicked. :mad:

Zoso

Zappafied
hmmmm

gotta say hendrix first, then walters... you picked a really hard question cuz they all rock. but if i had to choose just one it would be my man jimi. good thread :thumbsup:

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
First off there are two clues that you are a jackass. First you belong to and internet gang, and second its Roger Waters. I am sure Roger Walters is a great guy and all, but he has nothing to do with Pink Floyd. I hear he's a big fan.
Jim Morrison/The Doors or as I like to call them "The Bores" should be removed from the airways, moreover have no Business in a list with Jimi and Janis and Pink Floyd. Floyd's new shit I admit sucks at best, but The Wall, Dark side, etc. Floyd has the most talent.

Broken

Zoso said:
what about jimi?? and the doors rock...

Listen I have to cut you some slack since you are using Jimmy Page's Symbol, you listen to all the doors you want, and I will change the station. Deal?

JImi was great for his time, by todays' standards he would be a sloppy player.

Zoso

Zappafied
deal. nice to see people who apreciate a good guitar player :thumbsup:

u still cant deny that man's ability (Jimi)... yeah, he was sloppy by todays standards, but just think if he had lived to see todays standards and what he would be today.

Broken

Personally I think Page kicked the shit out of Jimi. I love Jimi, but Page was all over it.

Jung

???
Premium
Broken said:
its Roger Waters. I am sure Roger Walters is a great guy and all, but he has nothing to do with Pink Floyd. I hear he's a big fan.
I brought that up, so I guess I'm the jackass. Walters was Pink Floyd though, although he hasn't been for quite some time. If you like old Floyd, then you probably like Walters...

Broken

Are you trying to ruin my joke?

As far as I know Pink Floyd started as

1966:
Syd Barrett, Nick Mason, Roger Waters and Rick Wright.
Barrentt too fucked up to play and Gilmour takes over the guitar, There was never a walters in the band that I am aware of.

Broken said:

Barrentt Leaves and Gilmour takes over the guitar, There was never a walters in the band that I am aware of.
Syd left and David Gilmour took over.

Jung

???
Premium
Broken said:

1966:
Barrentt too fucked up to play and Gilmour takes over the guitar, There was never a walters in the band that I am aware of.
Actually, you're right. My bad.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Why does Jim Morrison even enter into it? I'll admit that some of his poetry and what not is somewhat thoughfull...but since the old "by todays standards" phrase was brought up....he'd probably be on par with a marilyn manson type. I dont see the Doors as anything too spectacular...maybe i'm not hearing something though....I dont know....My opinion, Pink Floyd was the most talented band of the 20th century. They're shit was so far ahead of its time...its creepy...Page is amazing....I'm feeling a slight deja vu vibe....didnt we do this already?

jamesp

In Memory...
bigck3000 said:
Why does Jim Morrison even enter into it? I'll admit that some of his poetry and what not is somewhat thoughfull...but since the old "by todays standards" phrase was brought up....he'd probably be on par with a marilyn manson type. I dont see the Doors as anything too spectacular...maybe i'm not hearing something though....I dont know....My opinion, Pink Floyd was the most talented band of the 20th century. They're shit was so far ahead of its time...its creepy...Page is amazing....I'm feeling a slight deja vu vibe....didnt we do this already?
id have to almost agree, Floyd was one of the altime greats, but I think that Led Zeppelin takes the cake on this one. Plant was incredible, Page was inhuman, Bonham was great, and you get the idea. :thumbsup:

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Zeppelin definatley rocks harder....But Floyd was more...is "visionary" too dramatic a term?

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
Those are all good bands, but I'm going to rate them like this. Just my opinion.

Janis > Pink Floyd > Jimi > Doors.

I used to have these really annoying upstairs neighbors that would throw parties and play nothing but bubblegum pop crap. I'd put on Janis Joplin and blast it. That woman's voice could shear thru steel and concrete. A couple of layers of drywall and particle board - no problem. :cool:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Jimi Hendrix takes all competition.