WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

S.O.A.D concert

Next month System of A Down is having a concert near where I live, and I got front row seats!!!! Has anyone seen them in concert, and if so are they good?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
S.O.A.D. sucks.

Next time, choose S.C.U.M. for your 4-letter live entertainment.

Clay

Hoodrat
I got tickets to a SOAD concert in August in Worcester Massachusetts. I'm not quite front row but pretty close, I think I'm 5th row. Where is the concert you're going to?

As far as I can tell they aren't coming anywhere near me on their North American Tour, hopefully this changes somehow. I'd really like to see them play live at least once.
Edit:Wait, I guess they are playing in cleveland in september :) .

keebs

Particinator
SEPT 29 IM GOING TO A S.O.A.D. CONCERT

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
You guys...DO realize that S.O.A.D. is little more than hippie political crybaby shit backed up by the most generic music ever...don't you?

Nailbomb said:
You guys...DO realize that S.O.A.D. is little more than hippie political crybaby shit backed up by the most generic music ever...don't you?
Translation: "I made the judgement only listening to the horrible songs they have on the radio and never really looked into anything else"

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
I wanna go see SOAD, but sadily I'll be out of town when they come nearby. Oh well, I still got my free front row seats for cheap trick and alice cooper, REO speedwagon, and lifehouse.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
WILD said:
Translation: "I made the judgement only listening to the horrible songs they have on the radio and never really looked into anything else"
Translation: " I am a Queer and i like translating shit. "

Clay said:
I got tickets to a SOAD concert in August in Worcester Massachusetts. I'm not quite front row but pretty close, I think I'm 5th row. Where is the concert you're going to?
Ya, thats were I'm seeing them at the DCU arena.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
SOAD is pretty good. I like alot of their stuff and actually support alot of what they stand for. I like the title "Steal This Album" from their last CD. It goes along well with the premise of Korn's "Yall Want a Single". Basically the fact that the music industry is so heavily controlled by business conglomerates that 2 horrific things occur:

a) Alot of GREAT music doesn't get noticed because people rely on MTV(2) or the radio for music
b) Big business alters the music so it eventually has a generic sound to it (in other words, "popular music is much more important than original sound")

My only beef is that SOAD's stuff is pretty generic...so it's kind of ironic.

Have fun at the concert.

edit: a fun site to check out - www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com - Basically it's this guy that spews random "spoof facts" at people with a megaphone, but the idea is that media controlling free art to earn profit is morally and ethically wrong. Get out there and LISTEN to music rather than just buying whatever you see on TV or hear on the radio. Not to say that ALL popular music is bad...but look around before you decide "[Fill in band name here] is the greatest band ALIVE!"

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
WILD said:
Actually, I own the self titled cd and have listened to Toxicity and Steal This Album! all the way through. Next time you want to get all bitchy when somebody else doesn't like your crappy band, try to be more creative. I'm sure questioning my sexuality would have done fine.

A7XManiac2005

Banned - What an Asshat!
I'm also going to DCU. I didn't get good seats, but I can't wait to see System, I've heard some of their live stuff from their tour, it sounds pretty good. Mars Volta might be pretty good too, so I'm excited.

hedgehog4572068

Banned - What an Asshat!
Ooh! I but my crack i smack my bitch right here in hollywood!!!

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
San Diego + last night + System of a Down + Daron's soothing "Cigaro" intro = Yay.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
LiberatioN said:
edit: a fun site to check out - www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com - Basically it's this guy that spews random "spoof facts" at people with a megaphone, but the idea is that media controlling free art to earn profit is morally and ethically wrong. Get out there and LISTEN to music rather than just buying whatever you see on TV or hear on the radio. Not to say that ALL popular music is bad...but look around before you decide "[Fill in band name here] is the greatest band ALIVE!"
I just checked that site out, and when I saw evanescence on the list, I was about to rip him a new one, only to find out he likes ev. this guy is AWESOME!!

Ps. if you make fun of me for liking "popular music" , I have been following them since "origin", the album that they put out when they were a local band in little rock.